Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: Iron78Iron

A lobby of mahants had publicly issued a religious edict to behead the Tamil Nadu CM for calling Ram a drunkard.😑

karunanidhi is delusional..  what doesn't exist on the 19th september is branded with adjectives on the 21st!
put him in pagalkhana!

statement on sep 19-

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/No_mincing_of_words_on_Ra m_issue/articleshow/2382780.cms

No mincing of words on Ram issue: Karunanidhi
19 Sep 2007, 1348 hrs IST
,PTI

CHENNAI: Sticking to his stand, DMK chief and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Wednesday said there was no historic proof of Lord Ram's existence.

There was also no proof of Lord Ram having constructed a bridge and being an expert in engineering, he told a TV channel.

"You tell me whether Rama lived. I had only stated that there was no person in the name of Lord Ram. What is wrong in that?" he asked.

Condoling the death of two persons after a bus was set afire on the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border, he said "the culprits have shown that this is the culture of the Ram bakthas".

He said he had faith that the Karnataka government would do what was needed as it was its duty to take action against the culprits.

Referring to the attack on his daughter Selvi's house at Bangalore on Tuesday night, he said "I treat these things like a speck of dust. I only welcome this kind of opposition". He said those who opposed the Sethu Samuthram project wanted to find minor reasons to stall the project.

The Chief Minister said his government would definitely prevail upon the Centre to continue the project. "We have convened an all-party meeting here on September 24 just for this purpose," he added.

statement on 21st

http://ekbaat.com/document.php?id=112

September 21, 2007
by Kunal Pandya

Tamil Nadu chief Minister M. Karunanidhi on Thusday struck to his stand on the Sethusamudram controversy, calling lord Ram 'a drunkard and a big lie.'

"Ram is as big a lie as the Himalayas and the Ganga are true," as unrelenting Karunanidhi said. Rejecting BJP leader L.K.Advani's appeal to withdraw his remarks on Ram, Karunanidhi insisted that Ramayan (Ramayana) was just a fictitious story like the ones he himself had written and Ram (Rama) was purely a fictional character.

When asked about Advani's remarks that while miracles of religious icons like Jesus, Moses or the Prophet have been questioned but never their existence, he quoted jawaharlal Nehru in defence, claiming that the present 'defenders of Ram were no bigger authority on history than Nehru who had described the Ramayan as a mere story aimed at imposing Aryan supremacy on Dravidians."

Karunanidhi insisted that he was only repeating what Valmiki had said in his Ramayan. "Valmiki has called Ram a drunkard, who regularly used to drink intoxicants," he alleged. "Let Advani read Valmiki and come. I am prepared for a debate with him on this," he said, adding that there was nothing wrong in repeating what had already been written so there was no question of hurting anyone's religious sentiments. "My intention was not to hurt anyone's feeling but only to ensure that the Sethusamudram Canal project is implemented," he said.

Earlier, Advani had asked Karunanidhi to withdraw his remarks and said the Prime Minister should fix the ministerial responsibility for the controversial affidavit filed by the Center on the Ram Setu project.

"Though Karunanidhi is an atheist, I appeal to him to withdraw his remarks. Can such remarks be made against Jesus Christ in countries where Christians are in majority or against Prophet Mohammed where Muslims are in majority?" Advani asked.

Advani, while reiterating that Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh should apologise for the affidavit, also wanted ministerial responsibility fixed for the faux pas. he said that Shipping Minister T.R.Baalu appeared more intent on destroying the Ram Setu than building the project.

However, a transcript of his media interaction faxed to newspaper offices later in the afternoon, dropped the word "kudikaran" . According to the fax version, Karunanidhi had stated that Ram used to drink a kind of liquor called "somapanam". This, he says, has been written by Valmiki in Ramayan.

Complaint against Karunanidhi

A lawyer has filed a complaint in a Chennai court seeking a direction to the police to investigate Karunanidhi's remarks. The complainant R K Venkatesh alleged that Karunanidhi's comments had hurt his religious feelings.

The only thing that bothers me is BUS BURNING and destructive activities.. 😳 - qt
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BARTSIMPSON

I thougt religion topic were not allowed πŸ˜• but anyway ----me2 thought bt---
if Lord rama Exis, can somone tell me what happen to his Ancestors

After Adam n Eve...how the generation grow....there's any incest relationship or sibling relationship !!! anyone can ask like this question too😳.......each person have their own believe....If any religion believe there's ram sethu...let it be there..dont make it a big issue...

Edited by Believe - 16 years ago
huneymonsta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

If you really donot know, then perhaps enlighten yourself first. Our Monkey God is very well respected and prayed throughout the world who follow Sanatan Dharama . it is the grace of our Monkey God that we are able to forgive brainless people who mock or take undue advantage of religion.

For Govt, historical value or not, it has our sentimental value so they should  Stay away.

i said i dont mean to offend anyone. I dont know the name! and no i shouldnt find out! why should I? i dont believe in god or idols or whatever. You need a monkey god to be able to forgive? πŸ˜†

anywho I said if it has value it shouldnt be touched! oh and just becasue one doesnt believ in such thigns deosn not make them brainless.

*sorry to people who are offended but the monkey god bit*

huneymonsta thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

yepp.. and for forum/ internet-savy pals, there's a search engine called google 😊 that provides lot of information.  It prevents embarassment from ignorance😳

typing "monkey god"  in google window gives multiple links clearly indicating His name and greatness.. 

Im not going to find out his name, i have no interest in wasting my time. I do not believe in god so i will not see the greatness of invented things. I see religion as a waste of time etc etc however i do respect what others believe hence why i said is shouldnt be touched!

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: huneymonsta

Im not going to find out his name, i have no interest in wasting my time. I do not believe in god so i will not see the greatness of invented things. I see religion as a waste of time etc etc however i do respect what others believe hence why i said is shouldnt be touched!

if you dont beleive...its your wish.

if you think its waste of time your wish.

it is not so necessary for you to post in such topics ...rest your wish.

Swar_Raj thumbnail

i said i dont mean to offend anyone. I dont know the name! and no i shouldnt find out! why should I? i dont believe in god or idols or whatever. You need a monkey god to be able to forgive? πŸ˜†

anywho I said if it has value it shouldnt be touched! oh and just becasue one doesnt believ in such thigns deosn not make them brainless.

*sorry to people who are offended but the monkey god bit*

Then perhaps, you should not indulge yourself in topics where you are not interested. if you are nto really interested then why do you wnat to know the ancesters of our Lord. People who have no clue where to jump in  and make remarks out of ignorance as per me will be brainless.  no harm in learning but then show some respect. We have Monkey God, we have Elephant God and even Garud dev. We have Jal, vayu, agni , prithvi (Water, wind,fire,land) as our God too.

Not only this there are ten different avtaars   (Incarnations) of  Lord Vishnu

Matsya Avatar - Fish Incarnation

Kurma Avatar - Tortoise Incarnation

Varah Avatar - Boar Incarnation

Vaman Avatar - Dwarf Incarnation

Narasimha Avatar - Man-Lion Incarnation

Rama Avatar - Incarnation as the Epic King in Ramayana

Krishna Avatar - Incarnation as the Epic Prince in Maha Bharata

Buddha Avatar - Incarnation as Gautama Buddha, Founder of Buddhism

Kalki Avatar - The Avatar yet to come on the onset of Apocalypse

so although you are not interested I just added more ignorance to  your self that not only Monkey we even have boar,dwarf,tortoise etc as our lord.

Edited by Swar_Raj - 16 years ago
huneymonsta thumbnail
Hey guys!

Recenlty I made a mistake in calling one of the Hindu gods whose name I do not know, a "monkey god." It was not my intention to offend anyone and until this forum no-one I have known has never been offended by this name but I do respect others beliefs and values which is why I made a topic to appologise to those who I have offended! It was not my attention! I was simply just trying to say that though I do not belive in such things, I stil think the place has value to those who do believe and therefore it should be left alone! Next time I will be careful with my wordings!

Sorry once again! 😊

as to sawr raj's reply: I do have an interest in the govt of india and how it thinks it can do whatever it pleases. I did not jump in and make an ignorant remark. I dont know the name so i said what we call it (including hindus).

Newho this is my official appology and if after that your stil up in arms about it then its your problem.

Next time I will be careful with my wordings!

Sorry once again! 😊

That's nice. Welcome to DM. After the controversial start hope you have nice stay here. 😊

If you wish then do introduce yourself in the introduction thread.
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Hey guys!
Sorry once again! 😊

Those are magical words when meant!  Who doesn't make mistakes?
Do keep posting here and hope to hear  your views on things that you care about 😊!   πŸ€—myself subhagya.
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
huneymonsta thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Those are magical words when meant!  Who doesn't make mistakes?
Do keep posting here and hope to hear  your views on things that you care about 😊!   πŸ€—myself subhagya.

Thanks im Vinz or huneymonsta...yay some one friendly!πŸ˜ƒ