memsaab

IF-Rockerz

memsaab

Posted: 12 September 2007 at 12:15am | IP Logged

When Ronit learnt to groove
Chaitanya Padukone

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  00:28 IST

Nicole Alvares and Ronit Roy

TV actor Ronit Roy is on a different trip these days. He is gearing up to sway to the next season of 'Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa 2' (Sony). 

At the Teacher's Day celebration convened by dance instructor Sandeep Soparrkar for his alumni last week, Ronit watched the whole event, which showcased Latino dance. 

The 21-year-old choreographer Nicole Alvares,  who partnered celeb chef Sanjeev Kapoor  during the last season, will  be Roy's choreographer-cum-partner in the show's second term. 

Ronit says, "Dancing expresses freedom. Currently, it's my life. It is a synergy of two dancers becoming one entity. I will be dancing all my life, even as I continue with acting," he assures. 

Incidentally, Nicole is a die-hard fan of Ronit. She even dedicated her salsa performance to the TV actor at the alumni meet. "I had always loved his performances as Mihir ('Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi', Star Plus) and the serious Rishabh Bajaj ('Kasauti Zindagi Kay', Star Plus).

Thanks to 'Jhalak' I got to interact and know the real Ronit. During our practice sessions, he is a dedicated student and dances with passion. Besides he works out and is toned," smiles Nicole who plans to prepare Ronit in Bollywood jhatkas and Latino tango-salsa for the eliminations.   

Edited by memsaab - 12 September 2007 at 12:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

magicalcupiddiya_snowcheri

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jhalak Dikhlajaa- 2 News Articles" in Other Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top