Sorting: Good or Bad?....*Spoiler*

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

TINK

IF-Rockerz

TINK

Posted: 08 September 2007 at 9:10am | IP Logged

Hiya Everyone,

Now we all know that the sorting tradation at Hogwarts is very special Big smile , and has been done for many years. Wink

In DH sorting was talked about and many people wondered if it really was a good thing to sort the students into different houses. What's your opinion?

I think the sorting has its advantages and its disadvantages: Tongue

GOOD: It puts the students with people who learn way they do and essentially are the same. I suppose it makes for a lot less fighting within classes and in dorm/common rooms...

BAD: It creates stereotypes, It makes rivalries before the students even get to school among the wizard born students and lets say the muggle born (I hope some of you are not using the word 'mudblood' as it is not aloud LOL)

Voldy said at the end of DH, that there will be only one house at that will be the Slytherins!!...which never happened LOL ..sorry am I taking the micky out of the Voldy, Confused LOL been hanging around with Peeves alot...LMAO LOL ROFL

I luved it when Harry says to Albus, his son that you can ask the sorting hat, to put you were you in what house you want to be in. Which was so true. I mean it worked for Harry. Big smile LOL

I luved what DD said about a individuals differences, Smile

"it is not who you are that makes you different, its is the choices you make," Embarrassed

Wow, what a fab line Clap ....so like DD...truly a fictional legend. Big smile

Please do leave your comments, in a funny mood today, was watching the first movie on my laptop. Embarrassed Ron looked so cute when he went up, to be sorted Wink Embarrassed ...and Draco neh mardala, with those evil looks LOL LOL

Sam x

Edited by TINK - 08 September 2007 at 9:10am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sorting: Good or Bad?....*Spoiler*" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 08 September 2007 at 11:13am | IP Logged
i guess it gud...tho ur points r all vry gud...i thnk dividin dem maakes dem proud of deir house n wich makes dem keep deir toes within limits...(which james n siirius lackd)

TINK

IF-Rockerz

TINK

Posted: 08 September 2007 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Yeah James and Sirius lacked that...hehe...hough i love them for who they were Clap Embarrassed LOL

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 08 September 2007 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
well I dont think its "BAD" Or at least its not meant to be so.
See, its creates a sense of unity among the student...belonging to a house and working and earning points and playing quidditch for it n all...
yes, it does create differences among students but it wont be fatal n all..the sense challenging and being challenged should be there I guess.

-Krupa-

IF-Rockerz

-Krupa-

Remix Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 09 September 2007 at 10:29am | IP Logged
you know whats funny..the other day, we were talking about this in school!..that when we work together, we should be with people that are completely different from us!..so that we won't get mad at each other for out-doing what were best at..& stuff like that..or as you said, Stereotypes!..so this is like a disadvantage!..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top