Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

egctraders

egctraders

Posted: 08 September 2007 at 12:15am | IP Logged

We must pick up the habit of reading books.  In ancient times, book lovers would "wash hands and burn incense" before opening a newly obtained book. Contemporary people no longer worship books that much, but they have still kept a respectful love for them until fairly recently.

Regards,

Shanmuga Sundaram

egctraders online

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Habit of reading Books" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 13 September 2007 at 8:15am | IP Logged
We should respect books, you're right.

Books are a medium of knowledge.  They teach us a lot of things.  Just imagine only getting lectures from teachers and not having any textbook in front of you.  How would you be able to prepare for tests/exams?

Or just imagine sitting free but not having any book in your hand?  How would you spend time? I am sure all the Book Talk members would agree because we are all here because we love books.  And remember if you love something/someone then respect him/her/it.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 5:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Mystery-

Books are a medium of knowledge.  They teach us a lot of things.  Just imagine only getting lectures from teachers and not having any textbook in front of you.  How would you be able to prepare for tests/exams?

Or just imagine sitting free but not having any book in your hand?  How would you spend time? I am sure all the Book Talk members would agree because we are all here because we love books.  And remember if you love something/someone then respect him/her/it.

I agree...books should be treated with respect! some people will be throwing books on ground and stuff...my parents taughts me to respect books. If i have nothing to do...you'll see me with a book in my hand...life is boring w/o booksBig smile

Other then Disney World, which other channel does suhit like?

Edited by cool_pooja - 05 October 2007 at 4:01am

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 24 September 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Totally Totally agree...!!!! Life without books is  a BIG BIG mistake!! Dont ya think?!! Wink

lotus2007

lotus2007

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
I also agree with you all!!!!That we should respect and love books.I also do that. Clap
But you know guys when I see someone who folds pages of books or drawing something on them,I really become angry.coz its soo horribelAngry.
Life without BOOKS is impossible for me.
And for all book lovers,right?

Lotus. Wink

jdsean

Goldie

jdsean

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Haha. Lotus I feel the same way, don't people know about bookmarks. Esp. when I borrow books from the Library they are always the fold pages. I love to read, and I think people are missing out when they don't read. I don't understand. Like my sister hates to read. She probably read one book so far this year besidees the book for school, it was Harry Potter. I think books are great.

sparkling_gems

IF-Rockerz

sparkling_gems

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 8:53am | IP Logged
I agree with you all... it really hurt me alottt when I see anyone to treat books in such horrible manner.. and i often borrow books from library and i really get mad when someone has already torn out the pages from the books esp from a recipe book...i really really wanna kill that person that moment Angry

Tabi_tabbsum

Goldie

Tabi_tabbsum

Posted: 24 October 2007 at 7:15am | IP Logged
we hv 2 respect boooks b/c they give us too knowledge

Post Reply New Post

Go to top