Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Habit of reading Books

egctraders Newbie
egctraders
egctraders

Posted: 08 September 2007 at 12:15am | IP Logged

We must pick up the habit of reading books.  In ancient times, book lovers would "wash hands and burn incense" before opening a newly obtained book. Contemporary people no longer worship books that much, but they have still kept a respectful love for them until fairly recently.

Regards,

Shanmuga Sundaram

egctraders online

-Mystery- IF-Veteran Member
-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 13 September 2007 at 8:15am | IP Logged
We should respect books, you're right.

Books are a medium of knowledge.  They teach us a lot of things.  Just imagine only getting lectures from teachers and not having any textbook in front of you.  How would you be able to prepare for tests/exams?

Or just imagine sitting free but not having any book in your hand?  How would you spend time? I am sure all the Book Talk members would agree because we are all here because we love books.  And remember if you love something/someone then respect him/her/it.
Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 5:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Mystery-

Books are a medium of knowledge.  They teach us a lot of things.  Just imagine only getting lectures from teachers and not having any textbook in front of you.  How would you be able to prepare for tests/exams?

Or just imagine sitting free but not having any book in your hand?  How would you spend time? I am sure all the Book Talk members would agree because we are all here because we love books.  And remember if you love something/someone then respect him/her/it.

I agree...books should be treated with respect! some people will be throwing books on ground and stuff...my parents taughts me to respect books. If i have nothing to do...you'll see me with a book in my hand...life is boring w/o booksBig smile

Other then Disney World, which other channel does suhit like?

Edited by cool_pooja - 05 October 2007 at 4:01am
sareeta IF-Sizzlerz
sareeta
sareeta

Posted: 24 September 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Totally Totally agree...!!!! Life without books is  a BIG BIG mistake!! Dont ya think?!! Wink
lotus2007 Senior Member
lotus2007
lotus2007

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
I also agree with you all!!!!That we should respect and love books.I also do that. Clap
But you know guys when I see someone who folds pages of books or drawing something on them,I really become angry.coz its soo horribelAngry.
Life without BOOKS is impossible for me.
And for all book lovers,right?

Lotus. Wink
jdsean Goldie
jdsean
jdsean

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Haha. Lotus I feel the same way, don't people know about bookmarks. Esp. when I borrow books from the Library they are always the fold pages. I love to read, and I think people are missing out when they don't read. I don't understand. Like my sister hates to read. She probably read one book so far this year besidees the book for school, it was Harry Potter. I think books are great.
sparkling_gems IF-Sizzlerz
sparkling_gems
sparkling_gems

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 8:53am | IP Logged
I agree with you all... it really hurt me alottt when I see anyone to treat books in such horrible manner.. and i often borrow books from library and i really get mad when someone has already torn out the pages from the books esp from a recipe book...i really really wanna kill that person that moment Angry
Tabi_tabbsum Goldie
Tabi_tabbsum
Tabi_tabbsum

Posted: 24 October 2007 at 7:15am | IP Logged
we hv 2 respect boooks b/c they give us too knowledge

Go to top