anishma24

IF-Sizzlerz

anishma24

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
"I am a very reserved guy" : Pankitt Thaker < name="feed">     

Tuesday, September 04, 2007   RSS
Subscribe to Newsletter

Pankitt Thaker

Pankitt Thaker, who plays Atul Joshi in "Dill Mill Gayye", holds a very simple view about television serials. All that matters is the concept and not the hype, he believes. The actor talks about his experience of doing the new youthful show and how he gets along with his costars.

Your third serial on StarOne "Dill Mill Gayye" is doing well, what do you have to say about it?
It's good that our show is doing very well and I am very excited about it. A lot of people believe that only a certain genre like the saas-bahu sagas works on television. But our show is very different from other shows. So that proves that the genre doesn't matter, it's the concept that counts.

How did you bag this role?
I went through an audition. I had already worked with one of the creative directors and we knew each other.

All you young actors have got a lot of footage from this serial. Do you thing you all will be able to live up to the expectations of the audience?
Frankly speaking, I have previously done bigger shows, like "India Calling" and "Special Squad" with StarOne, which was much talked about. Before that, I had worked with Balaji, so this hype around "Dill Mill Gayye" doesn't really affect me. I have seen all this before.

How similar is your reel character of Atul Joshi with the real you?
It's an absolute contrast. In real life, I am an introvert, very reserved, who likes to be left alone. On the other hand, Atul is very light-hearted, juvenile and an extrovert.

Did you face problems in mixing with others on the sets because of your reserved nature?
The problem with me is that I don't open up easily with anybody. I am a very reserved guy. So it was difficult for me to gel with others even though I wanted to. I took a lot of time to open up. Now, I have struck a rapport with all. Personally, it doesn't matter to me who are friends with whom. I totally depend on my vibes. If they are positive, then only I make friends. Touchwood! people here on the sets are really very nice. If I don't like someone I would say that in the face.

Any funny incident on the sets that you can recall of?
There are plenty of them. You can ask the girls about it, they will tell you all about me. They keep telling me that I am very funny, which actually I am not. That's what I find funny.

What other projects are you currently working in?
Next up is a show with Cinevista on Zee. But there is time for it. So I don't want to talk about it right now.

What can the audience expect from "Dill Mill Gayye"?
You should not expect anything from serials, you must simply enjoy them. Today, this show is being hyped, tomorrow some other show will be hyped. What's important is to preserve the essence of the show. We are doing that. Even if some other new serial hits the block, the audience must stay back with us.

What are you very passionate about?
I am passionate only about acting. I even read books to enhance my acting skills.

What would you like to be known as by one and all?
As an actor, no second thoughts about that.

Edited by anishma24 - 06 September 2007 at 6:40pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

np-roxtukz_REmixShipra_S* ~ Roshni ~ *scarlettebluepeachesnplums

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""I am a very reserved guy" : Pankitt Thak" in Dill Mill Gaye forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
"You should not expect anything from serials, you must simply enjoy them. Today, this show is being hyped, tomorrow some other show will be hyped. What's important is to preserve the essence of the show. We are doing that. Even if some other new serial hits the block, the audience must stay back with us."

What a novel and absolutely true thought!! Wonderful to see an actor with no airs Embarrassed

Edited by psawyer - 06 September 2007 at 6:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shipra_S

diljaani

IF-Dazzler

diljaani

IF’s Bollywood Chef

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Tfs....he's right on target with his answers!!Clap

Personally, I also believe that a show should have strong content/story and strong characters, only then will the show be a hit and all the hype and hoopla will come along on its ownBig smile

Its not the size of the show that matters, its what it contains that mattersSmile

~dj

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shipra_S

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Loved how he puts in that tommorrow another show might be talked about, but today they've got it, and they're trying to create something everyday that they hope will make the viewers fall in love with the hearts of the characters.

There is one similarity betwwen Atul and Pankit though. They're both simple and straight-forward people. Wonderful guy Clap Clap Clap

Thanks, Anishma.

Robin_M

IF-Rockerz

Robin_M

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
wow he is so a cool dude! was he in the serial Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli by balaji??????? i think thats where i have seen him before. thanks for sharing the article!

AshiYuvi4life

IF-Rockerz

AshiYuvi4life

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Kya baat kahi hai yaar! This is why I love this dude! He's really straight forward, no? Very sweet! thanx for the article!

komal

Post Reply New Post

Go to top