Dill Mill Gaye

‘I always see the glass as half full’

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Sano88

IF-Veteran Member

Sano88

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 7:41am | IP Logged
. He done a guest appearance in 'Bluff Master' and a cameo in the forthcoming 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.' He's a popular face in the ad world with many popular brands to his credit. A few episodes of a popular show later, he's bagged a prominent role, that of Rajveer Singh Rathore, son of Surbhi Tiwari and Chetan Pandit in Maverick production's, 'Kulvaddhu'.
</>

You are doing a daily soap for the first time. How does it feel?
It feels nice. It is not hectic at all. Things are quite chilled out. The number of hours is long but then one needs to work hard in any profession, or for that matter any profession.

How did you bag the role in 'Kulvaddhu'?
The production people on Sony television had seen some ads of mine and they called me for a screen test. They liked it and I was on for the project. It is an interesting role with ample of scope to perform.

What is your character in 'Kulvaddhu' called and what is so special about it?
Rajveer Singh Rathore, the good son of the family who always listens to the elders. Surbhi Tiwari is playing my mother and Chetan Pandit is playing my father. Nisha Sarin who has done Kulvaddhu is playing my girlfriend in the show.

What is the atmosphere on the sets of 'Kulvaddhu' like?
The atmosphere on the sets is very good. It is quite comfortable. Everyone knows what is 'tehzeeb'. Working pace is enjoyable. Anuj is an actor himself so knows how to keep his actors happy. There is a lot of positive environment on the sets and it does help in the performance. At the end of the day, a TV show is a team effort.

How is it working with Daljit, Kitu Gidwani and Milind Gunaji?
They all are pleasant people.
How do you find Anuj Saxena as a producer?
Maverick is a good production company and they take good care of their actors.

A little about your background…
My dad was a production controller for Nasir Husian films. I have two older brothers; one is a doctor and the other, an engineer.

How did acting happen?
I had already started modelling when I was offered an English play, 'My Best Friend's Wedding'.  I took it up happily and there has been no looking back ever since. We travelled to various cities for it. I was a runner up at the 'Gladrags Man hunt '98 after which offers for ads started pouring in. I have done ten episodes for a Zee Smile show.

Do you think it's easy to get work on television?
You have to be good in any field to get work. There is a lot of competition in every field so how can television be left behind. It is neither easy nor hard to get work. It also depends on luck and of course opportunities available. Television industry is growing fast.

How many ads have you done?
I have done about 50 television commercials and 150 press ads. A few of the prominent ads are Ponds, Nescafe, Hero Honda, Royal Palms Ltd. Etc but one of my favourite ads will always be Grasim Suitings.

You are a model for fair and handsome fairness cream. Do you regard yourself as a metro sexual male?
I like it when women take care of them selves so why should we not do the same.

Which television shows do you watch?
'Bigg Boss' (laughs).

What is the best and the worst thing about the industry?
I always see the glass as half full. So I don't dislike anything in my field. The best thing is that you are paid to be famous. There is nothing called the worst thing in this industry.

How about films?
I have done a guest appearance in 'Bluff master. I have also done a cameo in 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.' I am paired with Sandhya Mridhul. Another film that I've done is ready and the other one has just gone on the floors.

What's your philosophy of life…
I believe that one should just go with the flow. Live in the Present, give it your 100% and hope for the best. Be a good human being and always have a positive outlook in life.

What is your other passion besides acting?
Eating and sleeping, besides exercising.

What would you be, if not an actor?
If I had not been an actor, I would have been a chef because I love food. I can cook but now I cook only when I have an emergency.

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;am p;am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=January2007_tvtrack_standard 342&child=tvtrack

its an old artcle when he was wrking in serial kulvaddu!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wallaa

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "‘I always see the glass as half full’" in Dill Mill Gaye forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

wallaa

wallaa

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Thanx 4 sharing! Embarrassed

lubnahl

lubnahl

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 8:05am | IP Logged
t4s

Post Reply New Post

Go to top