Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

Welcome Friends!

This weeks Tip of the Week is all about...

Looking after your skin during the Winters!

Lots of us may get dull and dry skin during the cold winters, no matter where in the world we are. Winter is coming up, so here are some tips to help keep your skin glowing, simply by adjusting your daily routine! Big smile

1 - Start your day with a hot shower. But before you get out, switch to cold water for about 15 seconds. Then turn up the heat a little and down again and repeat the process for about 2 minutes.

Benefit: This is a simple hydrotherapy technique which revitalizes the skin by stimulating the flow of blood through the body. It is both invigorating and highly beneficial to the skin.

2 - Use a good moisturizer. Choose a highly protective day cream which contains Zinc oxide, and provides SPF30 protection to form a barrier against the elements. Creamier, water-in-oil emulsions are best.

3 - Don't forget about your lips! Chapped lips are often the most noticeable and common problem in the winter. Use a highly moisturizing lip balm which provides a protective barrier, with vitamin E, for good elasticity.

4 - Exfoliate at least twice a week.

Benefit: This will remove dead cells and allow the skin to absorb extra moisture. The oil which we all complain about in the Summer is no longer being produced because of cooler winter temperatures and central heating. Therefore the skin looses the water which should be retained in the lower dermis of the skin. This can lead to premature aging of the skin and fine lines, whilst your skin can appear puffy and grey.

5 - Drink a glass of hot water with lemon.

Benefit: This Chinese herbal remedy is a sure-fire method of energizing your body. It will de-tox your entire system, including the liver and gall bladder. This means that your body will be able to clean the blood faster to get rid of toxins responsible for bad skin.

6 - And finally, simply sleep! Try to get 7, if not 8 or 9 hours of rest a night to achieve absolutely painless benefits. It's ideal!

Benefit: Your oxygen levels will drop if you don't get enough sleep, meaning that your cells will not be renewed as quickly. This is when degenerative skin aging sets in.

Source: http://free-beauty-tips.glam.com

Hope this gave you some useful hints!

Love,

Fashion and Beauty Dev Team

Edited by bollycrazy - 04 September 2007 at 1:31pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09scarletteblueMissArshi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**TOTW! - Looking after your Skin!**" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

o|oNaTaShAo|o

IF-Rockerz

o|oNaTaShAo|o

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:20am | IP Logged
wow.....wonderful................i was so worried about my skin these days.......btw thx for the useful tips Big smile

*Engel*

*Engel*

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 3:50am | IP Logged
thank you!!! drinking water and sleeping are the cure for everything LOL

MrsKaranGrover

IF-Sizzlerz

MrsKaranGrover

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 6:54am | IP Logged
tfs...these will help alot Wink Embarrassed

Parachute.

IF-Sizzlerz

Parachute.

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Embarrassed Thanks...I was worrying bout mine these days...

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 06 September 2007 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Also helpful is a weekly mask, it helps refine pores and refresh the skin. I swear by mine and use more than one!!

anku2cute

IF-Veteran Member

anku2cute

-

Posted: 10 September 2007 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
wowww ths s nice..but isnt it difficult to use cold water in winters..means referring to the 1st point...itss soo colg Embarrassed Embarrassed

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 10 September 2007 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
^^^ Yeh.. thats what i thought when i saw it.. but i guess it's only for a few seconds.. and plus its good for ur skin! Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top