Debate Mansion

Terrorism:No bounds..Indo...Pak blasts..

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 12:42am | IP Logged

Dear Friends!

It has been only only 10days that blasts rocked Hyderabad of India..several innocent people died.....for no reason...

Today in the morning in Rawalpindi of Pakistan....blasts rocked and several people died......

Two blasts rock Pakistan; 29 killed, 38 injured

ibnlive.com

TimePublished on Tuesday , September 04, 2007 at 10:12 in World section

Rawalpindi (Pakistan): Two bomb blasts ripped through the city of Rawalpindi near the Pakistani Capital Islamabad on Tuesday morning, killing 29 people and injuring 38 others.

One of the bomb blasts took place on a bus at Qasim market in Rawalpindi, believed to be carrying Pakistani Atomic Energy Commission employees, killing at least 15 people and injuring 18 others, military and government officials said.

A second bomb went off on a motorbike parked in RA Bazaar in a commercial area in the city, where the Pakistani army has its headquarters, killing at least seven people, police said. The injured have been taken to a city hospital.

"The blast occured at 7.20 am (0220 GMT) and 12 to 13 people are dead," said a military official, who declined to be identified, referring to the bus blast, which went off about one kilometre from army headquarters, reported Reuters.

The power supply of the nearby areas has been suspended for now. Soldiers have cordoned off the area.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/two-blasts-rock-pakistan-29-kill ed-38-injured/48012-2.html

This shows that terrorism has no boundaries..no religion...no humanity.....

My condolences for the family members of the victims .....May their soul rest in peace....

My question for the debate is :

Does the terrorism has any sense any purpose...?
    What leads to terrorism.?
    Does the financial status of a country ,..has any relation with the terrorism ..?
    Should the Governemnt or the people be blamed for terrorism?
    Is'nt BUsh's method of dealing terrorism best or is it worst method?
  1. What's the role of human rights organizations in dealing terrorism and terrorists? Should terrorists have some basic rights??

Request: If you don't know anyting related to this topic,please offer your condolensces to the victims in the blast ..if you wish..but please donot bash any country unnecessarily

Regards,

Mythili

PS:Hope all the Pakistani friends of the forum are safe Smile

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 04 September 2007 at 12:42am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Terrorism:No bounds..Indo...Pak blasts.." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 12:55am | IP Logged
My sincere condolences to the people who got affected because of this latest blast...I am completely at a loss of words at such people who commit such acts...The latest news that I read is that the death toll is close to 25 already..

Terrorism can never be said to have a religion,caste or creed...People who think they were carrying a fight for their religion, or think that they were doing their duty as messengers of God and commit such dastardly acts, and also the people who support such terrorists, essentially belong to a religion of their own...Such people should be ostracized from any religion or society...

Raksha

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pickachu

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 1:11am | IP Logged

I think people call different names for terrorism....some say freedome fighters are terrorist.....everyone has his or her own definition of terrorism, Terrorists do what they do for a variety of reasons religious orientation, politics, regional autonomy and even greed.In pak i think they now doing political n regional cast base terrorism.

I think terrorism is the use or threat of violence..... Individuals confronting harm or potential harm will instinctively enter into a fearful state f mind..its create  fear in the mind of the people n society...

Does the financial status of a country ,..has any relation with the terrorism ..?

Yes....its effect very badly in finacial status of a country....its effect in money value,industries,export import sector,education sector...hike price of common goods...etc etc

Its becouse of our system,peoples mind should change and try to solve these kind of things  politically, militarily, diplomatically, legally ...

I cant support Bush....cos lot of reason.....Embarrassed

What's the role of human rights organizations in dealing terrorism and terrorists? Should terrorists have some basic rights??

What?Embarrassed.....If Terrorist know about human rights they will never do like this things......they not deserve any human rights.Smile

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 1:47am | IP Logged
My condolences who ever got effected by that act....
Hope alimighty give strength to there family...

Next the purpose of terrorist is to keep the word "TERRORISM" alive

No religion teaches violence..so that means terrorist dont have any religion, but they proudly say we are fighting for our land, doing self defence, spreading peace in society, following words of god or we are group of our own rules by which we help poor..

We cant blame any one govt or public coz attacks might be any thing some are done for political reason..some for personal reason..

The person who does violence should be tied to a pole and public pitch stones till the person dies..

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Is'nt BUsh's method of dealing terrorism best or is it worst method? Yeah, he should have been a bit less unilateral. His Iraq policy looks like a disaster now, but he has AQ on the run...their power has greatly been reduced. World is lot more aware about terrorism these days, pehle hum log kitna bolte they ki hum log terrorism se lad rahe hain barson se, lekin koi sunta nahin tha. 
  1. What's the role of human rights organizations in dealing terrorism and terrorists? Should terrorists have some basic rights?? Human Rights Organisations, hmmm....they are more like Terrorist Rights Organisations these days. That says enough! Terrorists need no mercy and should be eliminated and definitely no human rights for them.

My condolences to the victims and their families. Hope that culprits are caught and punished. Hope that the Pak govt understands that terror is a double edged sword.

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 1:58am | IP Logged
hmm yup, its a sad event. my whole family is in Rawalpindi, so its even more scary!!

now ur answers

1. Does the terrorism has any sense any purpose...?
I am sure the ppl who are doing it must have sense about it and a purpose too.

2. What leads to terrorism.?
Anything at all. from financial state to rebel to anything at all.

3. Does the financial status of a country ,..has any relation with the terrorism ..?

it can be, but these blasts were not coz of financial status but coz of rebel to government and the army! these ppl who are doing these blasts are targeting the army and police mostly. they are from the Lal Masjid, and taking badla of what was done to them a month bak.

4. Should the Governemnt or the people be blamed for terrorism?
Government is to be blamed!

5. Is'nt BUsh's method of dealing terrorism best or is it worst method?

Well, he is not dealing with terrorism, but provoking it even more. He goes and sits in their country. and start killing them, what are they supposed to do?? they will become terrorism. and they will do the same what he did to their country. there is no difference between the two. only diff is the name given to them. Bush is called fighter of war on terrorism, and other is called a terrorist!

6. What's the role of human rights organizations in dealing terrorism and terrorists? Should terrorists have some basic rights??

Terrorists wont go and ask their permission. terrorism is not a profession or a class that we need rights for them. if u want to decr terrorism, you have to change the society as a whole. and remove the reason because of which terrorists are born.

now Musharaf's gov went and killed over 800 students in Lal Masjid. many out of which were innocent. He attacked them knowing that Lal Masjid is the birth place of many terrorists and it can harm the ppl. now those who were freed or were followers of Abdul Rashid, are taking revenge. kabhi they go and kidnap army officers. kabhi they go and hit a bomb car with theres. from the very next morning after Abdul Rashid was killed this is happening. and it is only incr. it is a failure of gov!

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 04 September 2007 at 2:04am

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 4:27am | IP Logged

My responses in Chameli color..Tongue

Dear Friends!

It has been only only 10days that blasts rocked Hyderabad of India..several innocent people died.....for no reason...

Today in the morning in Rawalpindi of Pakistan....blasts rocked and several people died......Very sad indeed!! My heartfelt condolenscences to all the victimsCry

Two blasts rock Pakistan; 29 killed, 38 injured

ibnlive.com

TimePublished on Tuesday , September 04, 2007 at 10:12 in World section

Rawalpindi (Pakistan): Two bomb blasts ripped through the city of Rawalpindi near the Pakistani Capital Islamabad on Tuesday morning, killing 29 people and injuring 38 others.

One of the bomb blasts took place on a bus at Qasim market in Rawalpindi, believed to be carrying Pakistani Atomic Energy Commission employees, killing at least 15 people and injuring 18 others, military and government officials said.

A second bomb went off on a motorbike parked in RA Bazaar in a commercial area in the city, where the Pakistani army has its headquarters, killing at least seven people, police said. The injured have been taken to a city hospital.

"The blast occured at 7.20 am (0220 GMT) and 12 to 13 people are dead," said a military official, who declined to be identified, referring to the bus blast, which went off about one kilometre from army headquarters, reported Reuters.

The power supply of the nearby areas has been suspended for now. Soldiers have cordoned off the area.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/two-blasts-rock-pakistan-29-kill ed-38-injured/48012-2.html

This shows that terrorism has no boundaries..no religion...no humanity.....

My condolences for the family members of the victims .....May their soul rest in peace....

1. Does the terrorism has any sense any purpose...?

Not all but some do. To bring about destabilityOuch, cause confusion. The purposes are different. The most prevalent is right to freedom from the perceived imperialism. Others are Money, fighting for a cause other than freedom from imperialism.

1. What leads to terrorism.?

I wish I knew. If someone did then the solution will not be hard to find. As the saying goes, knowing the root cause of the problem is half the solution.

1. Does the financial status of a country ,..has any relation with the terrorism ..?

I don't believe so. It is prevalent from the wealthy western nations to poor African nations. The degree of prevalence is varied. Wealthier countries have better means and tools to control the extent of terrorism. Poor contries do not.

1. Should the Governemnt or the people be blamed for terrorism?

Could be. Indira Gandhi was the cause behing JS Bhinderwale. Bush Sr/Reagan was the cause behind Osama. Mush is the cause behind LeT, JeM, HuM etc. One common thing is that they all got bitten by their own snakes.Wink

1. Is'nt BUsh's method of dealing terrorism best or is it worst method?

Neither. Answer lies somewhere in between. His iron fisted laws violated a lot of privacies and robbed the Americans of a whole lot of freedom but America has not seen a major terrorist violence after 9/11. Let me re-state. Before 9/11, I could walk literally to the door of the plane to see off my relatives at the airports. Now, I cannot go beyond the baggage screening area. No big deal but just a frivolous convenience taken away. However I feel safe walking around Los Angeles. I am not sure if I will feel safe walking arund crowded places in big cities in India even though none of the civil liberties have been taken away from me.Tongue

1. What's the role of human rights organizations in dealing terrorism and terrorists? Should terrorists have some basic rights??

No..Humans are entitled to Human Rights. Terrorists are "INHUMANS"..

Edited by ChameliKaYaar - 04 September 2007 at 4:29am

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 10:48am | IP Logged
May God help the victims and their families.

For terrorists, ofcourse there is.  The reason why we cannot stop terrorism is because we eliminate terrorists.  We should instead work on eliminating the sense / purpose in their minds..  REALLY Challenging I know! (utopic? )

multiple factors-
1. Misconstrued religious beliefs, 
2. feeling of extreme HURT and INJUSTICE,
3. BULLYS
4. anger and hatred beyond control, 
5. all the negativity and frustration bringing people together 
6. lack of respect for LIFE itself,
7. financial AID availability

Now many of the above have lead to revolutionary wars.  What differentiates terrorism from revolution?  Terrorism reaches and negatively affects the innocent

sure! in both negaive and positive way.

isn't Govt formed by the people?  When not, isn't that injustice and sort of terrorism in itself ? anyway, i blame both.

neither.  he is learning and so is the world from his mistakes and some good deeds.

What's the role of human rights organizations in dealing terrorism and terrorists? Should terrorists have some basic rights??

Terrorists should have only the right to die fast instead of several years of torture and painful slow death that they deserve.  They should consider that as a blessing.  No other rights / no fair trials should be provided.

Request: If you don't know anyting related to this topic,please offer your condolensces to the victims in the blast ..if you wish..but please donot bash any country unnecessarily
Regards,
Mythili

Hopefully, all are in touch with their relatives in the areas affected by terrorism.  Life is short and unpredictable.  All we can do is pray and hope for the safety of innocent.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 04 September 2007 at 10:49am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top