Members Lounge

Money Plant good or bad?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

After few hard debateable topic, on lighter note ...

Everyone as I assume know what money plant, atleast for folks who stole money plant (considered to be lucky). Have read both sides of arguements where people believe money plant in one's house bring more money on the contrary money plant brings debts.

Whats you take based on personal experience, money-plant bring barkat/prosperity or debt in one's house hold?

PS - missing days in DM when all topics were of interest guess TV soap ki nazar lag gayi..do u believe in nazar's πŸ˜†. nvmd my last topic of the day😳. tc

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raunaq thumbnail
nevermind, funny topic πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Money plants have this thing about growing so fast without requiring too much care...so you feel good to see the vines spread around...so money plants make you happy, hence Money makes u happy...
QED...
remembered that old money debate... πŸ˜† Edited by TallyHo - 16 years ago

Money plants is Devil's Ivy or Pothos here.

I have heard that Money plants bring good luck. I would consider it same as Feng-shui Bamboos which are also believed to bring luck. The truth as Ashu mentioned is both these plants are low maintenance hence lucky.πŸ˜ƒ

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I have Money plants.... but expense is high now πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
hmmm my best friend's mom really believes that money plant brings money to home. so she has a money plant, whose vines are attached to the celling and now its on all four sides, i dont know where it will go next.

she takes special care of it and all. and if it starts to dry out, she has sleepless nights!! but irony is that they still have money problems. the plant is growing at a great speed. but issues are there.

so I dont think there is any link of money in money plant. what u get is of ur fate, not of a plant.
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
lol.. anshu.. first reading your topic I thought you were asking if Money (paisa) plant is there would it be good or bad.. πŸ˜†

Money plant looks nice but for that one should have enough space for it to grow otherwise it looks badly maintained and all the veins of its fall one over the other looking like a heap...

Have heard that money plant bring good luck... 😊
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I like Money Plant....its growing and once its grown fully I will own itπŸ˜‰......let it grow fully 😊...Money Plant is the one who earns money for me for my entire lifeπŸ˜†

Coming back to ordniary money plants:

Hmm! I donot beleive in that concept.....of Luck and all stuff with that plant.....I have interest in those plants..there are somany many plants along with this plants in our home and As you all know , I'm very generous personπŸ˜³πŸ˜†,I don't mind giving part of the money plant to any one 😊.Hmm! I'm saying about the real money plant not the first definition of the Money PlantπŸ˜›

Is there any reason for this plant getting that name ?😊

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 16 years ago
Connie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I just got the money plant and bamboo shoot cos it is low maintainence and since we live in this dry region all my plants die so hope these 2 survive about money or luck with the money plant, I still need to wait to find out πŸ˜‰ but I really don't believe in this cos what is in your luck will come to you. πŸ˜›
Morgoth thumbnail
I know that Lunaria plants are called Money Plants because of their "coin shaped" seed pods.

However, the money plant in India is called Epiprenum aurem, also known as Devil's ivy for its "monstrous growth". I don't know why its called a "money plant" πŸ˜•

Yes, it does bring money...to the person who sells the plant and its seeds to hapless customers. πŸ˜›