Dill Mill Gaye

DMG is not a sequel to Sanjeevani-Article

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

mwow

mwow

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Finger on the pulse
Sunaina Gulla, Karan Singh, Muskaan Mehani, Shilpa Anand and Pankit Thaker in Dill Mill Gaye

Five years after Sanjeevani was launched, Cinevistaa Productions is now ready with a second series on medical practitioners and their lives. Dill Mill Gaye (starting Monday on STAR One, 8.30pm), looks like Sanjeevani revisited, with a new look and a fresh appeal.

"Dill Mill Gaye is not a sequel or a part two to Sanjeevani," clarifies Siddharth Malhotra, the creative producer of Cinevistaa."The basic premise is the same but Dill Mill Gaye looks at the lives of five young interns in a hospital. Keeping in mind that the show is going to be aired on STAR One, which targets young people, we decided to have a more youthful approach with Dill Mill Gaye," adds Malhotra.

But didn't Sanjeevani start off as a youth serial before gradually becoming a saas-bahu drama? "It was the demand of the channel (STAR Plus) that forced Sanjeevani to change track. From an initial TRP of five, its TRP jumped to 13 when it started focussing on melodrama and relationships," reasons Malhotra.

Everything about Dill Mill Gaye might be new, but there is one obvious link with Sanjeevani Mohnish Behl who played Dr Shashank Gupta in that essays the same role in this. "Since the story is about five young interns on the threshold of becoming doctors, a mentor was needed and thus Mohnish's character was retained," explains Malhotra.

Gurdeep Kohli, Arjun Punj and Mihir Mishra of Sanjeevani have been given a miss in favour of younger actors such as Muskaan Mehani, Karan Singh, Shilpa Anand, Sunaina Gulla and Pankit Thaker .

But those expecting Dill Mill Gaye to focus on medical procedures along the lines of Grey's Anatomy will be disappointed. "The show is more character-oriented than case-oriented. A case, as and when it comes along, will be given attention, but Dill Mill Gaye is essentially the story of the lives of these five young people," signs off Malhotra

Source: http://www.telegraphindia.com/

Edited by mwow - 03 September 2007 at 9:01pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lil_desi_goddes-Fivr-Salmanayesha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DMG is not a sequel to Sanjeevani-Article" in Dill Mill Gaye forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

i.luv.chocolate

IF-Rockerz

i.luv.chocolate

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
ohh thanks for the artical :)

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
oh, its not like Grey's, how sad...its okay I guess, cuz we love the 5 interns...their lives are interesting enuf for us!

thanks for the article

mwow

mwow

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by naive.nida

but if it's not a sequel..then how come dr. shashank and his daughter anjali are in it??? and how come it takes place in the same hospital!! Confused Confused Confused

i think the director is confused!! aur mujhe bhi confuse kar raha hai!!! LOL

I read somewhere that the only two common things between sanjeevani and DMG are the name of the hospital and dr gupta's name (I guess anjali's name also). I agree that this is confusing.

xoxramxox

Goldie

xoxramxox

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
well w/e the link to sanjivani be i am loving this serial ... hopefully it doesn't end up becoming a melodramma serial... because i am loving this youthfull dramma Wink it's too much fun loving armaan and ridz Big smile

Salmanayesha

IF-Sizzlerz

Salmanayesha

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Assalamalikum

What!!!!!!!!!!  Broken Heart

I am shocked or suprised what should I express in my words.......   Broken Heart

I had read many articles where it had mentioned that its a Sequel to Sanjivani A Medial Boon....... Shocked

But yes I feel very proud that I am a part of the Show like Dil Mill Gayye means we all can watch such a Beautiful and Awesome Show which is also best for the Youth......... Thumbs Up

I wish all the very very best to the show Dil Mill Gayye ur the best and u have also made us smile through our tough times.......... Big smile Big smileThumbs Up

Allahafiz...... Big smile Thumbs Up Smile

Bye.......... Big smile Thumbs Up Smile

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 03 September 2007 at 10:12pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top