Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

Antlers

IF-Rockerz

Antlers

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 1:25am | IP Logged
i hate kids that put their parents and parents put their parents in foster homes. one should always take care of their parents no matter what.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who takes care of old parents? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sourav1

sourav1

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by sourav1

I would like to bring in a much needed perspective by posing this question, "Would you expect your children to take care of you when you are old?"

Why not ?....Tongue Don't people feel happy living with their folks...Smile

Ideally a happy man will be in this manner :

Happy the man, whose wish and care

A few paternal acres bound,
Content to breathe his native air,
                              In his own ground.

Whose herds with milk, whose fields with bread,

Whose flocks supply him with attire,
Whose trees in summer yield him shade,
                              In winter fire.

Blest, who can unconcernedly find

Hours, days, and years slide soft away,
In health of body, peace of mind,
                              Quiet by day,

Sound sleep by night; study and ease,

Together mixed; sweet recreation;
And innocence, which most does please,
                              With meditation.

Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
   Thus unlamented let me die;
Steal from the world, and not a stone
                              Tell where I lie.

In practice normal Happy families will be like this with dada ,dadi, mama ,mami..mata,pita.......Smile :

That was a nice poem. Smile It's nice when people have their children want to live with them. Now my question was specifically in the first person - to the person who might want to reply. And it is specifically about the relationship they have or might want to have with their children - it is not a question about their relationship with their parents.

So, forum members, do you expect that your children should necessarily feel happy to live with you, take care of you?

Edited by sourav1 - 03 September 2007 at 4:15am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Parents are at the age where they cann't take care of themselves, time to step up for kids.

Remember : Drinking water in girls house after marraige was considered as a sin, but things have changed.

Things have have changed,really? so does it matter if parents who seem help in old stay with daughter or son?

Does matter, cool? how about you wife's folks stay with yaa or your mom stays at ur sister's. all cool??

Question raised by Sourav1 - "I would like to bring in a much needed perspective by posing this question, "Would you expect your children to take care of you when you are old?""

An interesting quote from Homer simpson

Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 7:35am | IP Logged

An interesting quote from Homer simpson

Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use. 

Dear Mithiliji,

From my experience parents and grantparents are interested to be with their children and grandchildren. For my gradparents they can not think about living in an old age home or living isolated in their house it self. Therefore they aasked their younger son-in-law to stay with them. Surprisingly, he accepted this and they lived with them.

Edited by nitasuni - 04 September 2007 at 7:37am

sourav1

sourav1

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged
I know a person who's grandparents, then relatively well off landlords, made their only son stay back, even when their son was getting a good job in another city. Their plea was who will take care of them in their "old age". As a dutiful son, he stayed back with a poor village teacher's job. The parents are now long dead, but this person and his family are not doing good financially because the lands do not give good yield and have not much market value.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 9:53am | IP Logged

I know a person who's grandparents, then relatively well off landlords, made their only son stay back, even when their son was getting a good job in another city. Their plea was who will take care of them in their "old age". As a dutiful son, he stayed back with a poor village teacher's job. The parents are now long dead, but this person and his family are not doing good financially because the lands do not give good yield and have not much market value.

Excellent example sourav & this is why i think several parents don't love unselfishly and that parental love in certain cultures is over-rated! Smile
A close friend of mine who finally had to separate from his very loving wife since his mom wouldn't stop faking illness once said  " It would be so much nicer if one could choose one's parents just the way one can pick friends and spouse".  It made me very sad. 
One must take care of parents when they need it, but one must display their strength and authority in terms of making the right and JUST decisions for betterment of their own selves as well as their parents. 
Just for being elders, they did not come with better thinking capacity.   They may not love you more than they love themselves just because they're parents.  Some do, some just don't.  Assess them and act accordingly.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 04 September 2007 at 11:01am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 10:58am | IP Logged

Unfortunate incidentConfused!!!!
Some parents want their children to be settled well in far away nations and then again they cry for their Children..no sympathy for such parents..as you sow,so you reep...Smile

nerdynerd

Goldie

nerdynerd

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Parents give us life and raise us! they teach us and have the patience to help us! So, why shouldn't we? I think it's every child's responsibility to help their parents in need!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top