Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Who takes care of old parents? (Page 2)

rockstallion Goldie
rockstallion
rockstallion

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 1:27am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Believe

I think people dont have time to care their parents....thats why Oldage homes are increasing....i think our parents need our support,care and love at their oldage....but we cant blame a particuler person or incidents..all are strugling to live...or running in busy life but love them give attention,love n care thats very importent ,its can happen everyone cos first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half (we expect) by our children.

No matter how old a mother n father is, i love them..and Age does not protect you from love...  Clap Clap Clap

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese-Bille bruke
Smile

I cant believe,  believe wrote that  Wink  Clap Clap oh sorry  Smile, coming to point....

agree to everything what you wrote, but did not get the statement "half our life is ruined by our parents" Confused

btw Clap Clap appreciate the highlightened thought

Edited by rockstallion - 02 September 2007 at 1:28am
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 3:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rockstallion

Originally posted by Believe

I think people dont have time to care their parents....thats why Oldage homes are increasing....i think our parents need our support,care and love at their oldage....but we cant blame a particuler person or incidents..all are strugling to live...or running in busy life but love them give attention,love n care thats very importent ,its can happen everyone cos first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half (we expect) by our children.

No matter how old a mother n father is, i love them..and Age does not protect you from love...  Clap Clap Clap

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese-Bille bruke
Smile

I cant believe,  believe wrote that  Wink  Clap Clap oh sorry  Smile, coming to point....

agree to everything what you wrote, but did not get the statement "half our life is ruined by our parents" Confused

btw Clap Clap appreciate the highlightened thought

If posible visit Oldage homes.......then we feel the differce.....lots of loveable people there.... they live n strugle for their kids........when kids grow up they dont have time to look n care them...............its a type of crualtyConfused

nitasuni Senior Member
nitasuni
nitasuni

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 5:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by blah231

this post reminds me of Bahgban..
anyways i dont think theres anything wrong with a daugther helping here parents in there old age.infact i always tell my parents that later in life they have to live with me no matter how much they want to say with my brothers, i dont get the principle of a girl becoming parai after marriage, i would never leave my parents alone in there old age no matter how un girly or un cultured it is of me. we are today wat we are becouse of our parents, you know how they say " they helped us in our first steps we have to help them in there last steps"
there is no greater honor in the world then to serve you parents and your family

I agree with you completely.Sending our parents to old age home is really a cruelty.Girl or boy it is the duty of the ofsprings  to look after the parents.

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Parents are at the age where they cann't take care of themselves, time to step up for kids.

Remember : Drinking water in girls house after marraige was considered as a sin, but things have changed.

Things have have changed,really? so does it matter if parents who seem help in old stay with daughter or son?

Does matter, cool? how about you wife's folks stay with yaa or your mom stays at ur sister's. all cool??

I don't respect people who don't look after their parents in old age.However intelligent might be the person,a person who does'nt look after her/his parents in old age is equivalent to a beast (Sorry !!! Beast  do have emotions).

I really wonder how people forget their parents,unless and untill they are in some other planet or lingering in space they should'nt leave their old parents.Young girls are also very selfish they like their partner but they don't like their partner's mom,dad and other members.Don't they wonder how their partner came to Earth.

I just hate people who cannot convince their partners in the case of staying with parents.I'm very emotional about this topic becoz I've a 86 years friend whose son does'nt look after his father and mother only for the fear of his wife.I visit them often and the glow in their faces when we speak affectionately is unfathomable!!!!!

Adding to those.....Smile

Having siblings is a good advantage...Wink but sharing the parents...3months here..3 months there and some more months in another place...is quite dramatic and silly and happens in India......

As per the trend....In India..the parents whose daughter is married to a  fellow who works abroad.....have has a BRIGHT GREEN FUTURE..interestingly..the boy's parents..have less chances...

These are the days..where girl and boy get equal  rights in the property..when the girls fight in the rights..they should not escape from the responsibilties...when the fellow who marries a girl...and who accpets the girl..need to accept her parents also..similarly for the girls.....any boy or girl is not dropped from heaven....so its better to think that girl + parents = marriage package and for girls.... boy+ parents =marriage package

But if Son and daughter both don't take care..of old parents...then their state will be really tragic..immaterial of their financial status...money is not everything...

So emotional..topic...

Cheers,

Mythili

sourav1 Senior Member
sourav1
sourav1

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
I would like to bring in a much needed perspective by posing this question, "Would you expect your children to take care of you when you are old?"
raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sourav1

I would like to bring in a much needed perspective by posing this question, "Would you expect your children to take care of you when you are old?"
Adding this question to original post hope u don't mind.Big smile
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 1:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sourav1

Why not ?....Tongue Don't people feel happy living with their folks...Smile

Ideally a happy man will be in this manner :

Happy the man, whose wish and care

A few paternal acres bound,
Content to breathe his native air,
                              In his own ground.

Whose herds with milk, whose fields with bread,

Whose flocks supply him with attire,
Whose trees in summer yield him shade,
                              In winter fire.

Blest, who can unconcernedly find

Hours, days, and years slide soft away,
In health of body, peace of mind,
                              Quiet by day,

Sound sleep by night; study and ease,

Together mixed; sweet recreation;
And innocence, which most does please,
                              With meditation.

Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
   Thus unlamented let me die;
Steal from the world, and not a stone
                              Tell where I lie.

In practice normal Happy families will be like this with dada ,dadi, mama ,mami..mata,pita.......Smile :

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Gr8 poem myth... Clap

"Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
   Thus unlamented let me die;
Steal from the world, and not a stone Tell where I lie."

its Paditji's family snap naa Embarrassed

Go to top