Fashion and Beauty
Fashion and Beauty

India-Forums

how to put on contact lenses?

-Pinky- IF-Dazzler
-Pinky-
-Pinky-

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
i dont know how to.. i have watched some videos on how to do it on you tube but it still doesn't help Cry it looks so easy on u tube but it's actually veryyy hard when u try it on ur own..
every time i try to put it on it gets stuck in my eyelashes or it folds up or i start blinking..then i have to take it out n try again..n the same thing happens...i have tried sooooooooo many times ..its getting on my nerves now
those of u who use contacts, plz help Cry

Edited by -Pinky- - 01 September 2007 at 2:59pm

trina_saras IF-Stunnerz
trina_saras
trina_saras

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Hey pinky. I used to have this problem myself. I think part of it is that you have trouble putting lenses in, then you try harder and it doesn't work. Anyway, the following might be helpful.

1. Make sure the lenses are well lubricated, dry lenses will be hard to put in and won't stay on.

2. Practice keeping your eyes open and not blinking.
   Try staring at something while you're putting the   lens in.

3. Take a deep breath and slowly put the lens on the ball of your eye. With one finger hold the bottom eyelid open, and the other finger apply the lens gently.

4. Also, practice putting them on in your spare time and not just before you're going out, because then you're just putting more pressure on yourself.

Let me know how it goes!! Good luck!
radha_8 IF-Rockerz
radha_8
radha_8

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
its just takes practice. Big smile
rwishka17 IF-Dazzler
rwishka17
rwishka17

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 10:39am | IP Logged
When I put on my contacts, I make sure that I look upwards and away from the finger with the contact on it. Focus on something, and remember not to blink.

I used to be afraid that I will hurt myself if I jab my eye, but don't be. Just place the contact on the eye, but never look at it while you are in the process.

If you need any clarification, just let me know. I'll try to clarify my tips. Smile
bollycrazy IF-Dazzler
bollycrazy
bollycrazy

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Just open ur eye with both hands.. and with the contact on one finger.. place it on ur iris and dont let go until all the bubbles have gone otherwise it will fall out when u blink!

hope it goes well! btw, didnt the doctor or someone tell u how to use them before u bought them? Confused
-Pinky- IF-Dazzler
-Pinky-
-Pinky-

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
thanks..i will try once again Big smile @bollycrazy. no cuz someone gifted them to me..
but i m going to doctor soon if it doesn't work out
-Pinky- IF-Dazzler
-Pinky-
-Pinky-

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rwishka17

When I put on my contacts, I make sure that I look upwards and away from the finger with the contact on it. Focus on something, and remember not to blink.

I used to be afraid that I will hurt myself if I jab my eye, but don't be. Just place the contact on the eye, but never look at it while you are in the process.

If you need any clarification, just let me know. I'll try to clarify my tips. Smile

ok thats a different way..i have never tried that before so i will right now Embarrassed
trina_saras IF-Stunnerz
trina_saras
trina_saras

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 11:18am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Pinky-

thanks..i will try once again Big smile @bollycrazy. no cuz someone gifted them to me..
but i m going to doctor soon if it doesn't work out

hey Pinks,

I thought you had gotten them from the doctor's office!  Since you are a first-time wearer, I would recommend going there because they can help a lot more.  It could also be that the type of lenses you have may be too dry or the wrong size for you, it isn't one size fits all.    

Go to top