Debate Mansion

Pakistanis are not allowed in Mumbai hote (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 9

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 9
Page 4 Page 9

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by raj5000

As said earlier I agree, this is mostly to avoid any police trouble, isn't fair. But hotel receptionist make such assements and allowed to do that, go very shabbily dressed in 5 star, you will never find availaibility, go with couple of friends who look rowdy, no room. All depends on hotel's management, if tourists from Pakistan gave 80% of business to hotels then such cases will never surface.

Confusedwhy isn't it fair?  kya terrorists key maathey per likha hota hai ki woh terrorists hain?  keeping current situation in mind, apart from nationality and religion, there is no other way of zeroing down on who's who for a common man.  i do not think they are doing anything wrong.  every one needs to watch out for themselves yaar!!!

Right!! everyone wants to watchout for themselves, after if 9/11 if USA banned and turned down all asians would have been very fair thing to do, isn't it?

u know very well it was NOT all asians who were responsible for 9/11.  u.s. did take measures against those who were though.  result...no more 9/11 in last 6 yrs.  makes sense?  hi time we stop generalizing so that one particular section is not offended. 

oh well, have debated on it numerous times and my views are still the same.  once again, it was not ALL asians who attacked twin towers...or indian parliament...or hydbd.

what, i think, is not fair is bending backwards to accomodate certain sections...be it in rl or vlSmile  what these hotels did was FAIR by al meansSmile

Right! you have made you stance very clear and respect your POV, not taking the merry go round ride again then. Hope atleast this is fair.Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pakistanis are not allowed in Mumbai hote (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 9:44am | IP Logged
One question to those who are saying it was fair:

If ALL the hotels did the "FAIR" thing then where would a Pakistani stay? On roads?

Asking for documents and passport is a valid thing to do then to just refuse after knowing the nationality of the person. Keeping in mind the terror among people when they hear one is Pakistani, people should watch out for themselves but turning down an inocent being because of someone else's doing isn't fair, to me it doesn't sound fair at all.

Keep aside the nationality, lets say it was some Europian, and same thing was done would you still say the same? That its fair to turn down a foreigner after just knowing the nationality?

Well, everyone has different measures for "FAIRNESS" one can't say much...but I thought fairness also meant everyone being equal and having equal opportunitiesOuch

Edited by scorpion134 - 01 September 2007 at 9:58am

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:22am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Stereotyping is unfair. If anywhere we have to go through such humiliation due to our color or the country we are from then we would call the person or place racist too. We cry favoritism when at the airports we are picked out from the rest just because we fit the bill.

Clap way to put it.

If there is a valid document like visa and passport then may be hotel can even confirm or talk to the nearest police station and then provide these people with rooms. Even otherwise there is a rule that they have to report at the police station about their purpose of stay and show the documents. So that shouldn't be a problem. 

Guess they don't want to take that much trouble and simply say " sorry sir there are no rooms available ", there should law for hotels to display accomodation charts with updated information upfront, if at all govt thinks its unfair.

sadia_lahori

sadia_lahori

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Originally posted by ThE_kHan07

is this really fair?!!? You guys (Pakistanis) and Us (Bangladeshis) treat these Mumbai film stars and people with lots of respect....and this is what we both countries get in return?!?! Ouch Ouch

Ask your Govts to stop aiding terrorist activities in our Country and things'll be fine.

**  Removed contents... See my Note below **

Edited by raj5000 - 01 September 2007 at 10:40am

sadia_lahori

sadia_lahori

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by farah_rehman

this is rediculas Angry what kinda policy is that  Angry im just shocked the way we lukupon some of the ppl in mumbai OMG Angry never again Angry my gosh they r so rude n anti pakistani n anti bangladshi Angry
no offence to any indians yeah but this is the public sector were tlkin bout thy sd have better manners Angry
farah ...x...

They are not anti-Pakistani or Bangladeshi. Keeping in mind that several terror attacks in recent past with links to Pak and Bangladesh has occured in India with several hundred deaths, it is only natural that people'll feel hesitant about Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

***** Viewbie's Note *****

Removed contents, personal attack to member not allowed, please refrain and Do Not Repeat. Wait for my PM and do not quote this note

Edited by raj5000 - 01 September 2007 at 10:42am

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sadia_lahori

Originally posted by ThE_kHan07

is this really fair?!!? You guys (Pakistanis) and Us (Bangladeshis) treat these Mumbai film stars and people with lots of respect....and this is what we both countries get in return?!?! Ouch Ouch

Ask your Govts to stop aiding terrorist activities in our Country and things'll be fine.

***** Viewbie's Note *****

Removed contents, personal attack to member not allowed, please refrain and Do Not Repeat. Wait for my PM and do not quote this note.

sadia_lahori

sadia_lahori

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:40am | IP Logged

As said earlier I agree, this is mostly to avoid any police trouble, isn't fair. But hotel receptionist make such assements and allowed to do that, go very shabbily dressed in 5 star, you will never find availaibility, go with couple of friends who look rowdy, no room. All depends on hotel's management, if tourists from Pakistan gave 80% of business to hotels then such cases will never surface.

Confusedwhy isn't it fair?  kya terrorists key maathey per likha hota hai ki woh terrorists hain?  keeping current situation in mind, apart from nationality and religion, there is no other way of zeroing down on who's who for a common man.  i do not think they are doing anything wrong.  every one needs to watch out for themselves yaar!!!

Right!! everyone wants to watchout for themselves, after if 9/11 if USA banned and turned down all asians would have been very fair thing to do, isn't it?

9/11 waliii baat jhoot hai even some of the americans have confess they did this darama to finsh the power of muslims jao jay kay jeo ki uss paar jo documentry hai parhooooooo sabbb darma tha jhoot tha

Post Reply New Post

Go to top