Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 12:37am | IP Logged

We have read numerous plays, some of the most famous one being Romeo Juliet, As you like it by William Shakespeare, Johnny and the Dead, the Amazing Maurice. As far as novels our concerned, Dan Brown, Sidney Sheldon's, JD Robbs.. We have read many many novels.. So what do you find more intresting? Do you think plays are more intresting then novels? Or our Novels more intresting? Why? You favourite Play or Novel would be?

Happy Discussing!

Book Talk Dev. Team

Edited by cool_pooja - 01 September 2007 at 12:40am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: Plays Vs. Novels" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sparkling_gems

IF-Rockerz

sparkling_gems

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 6:33am | IP Logged
i will prefer novel Smile

marvelous.malks

IF-Sizzlerz

marvelous.malks

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Of course plays, movies and other musical kind of things are always entertaining and fun to watch but I will also always prefer novels. They are much more imaginative, and descriptive.   When it comes to understanding characters, you become so keen with the characters in books while in Plays they are just there and you only feel what they show. Unlikely, in books, the author describes and shows what the character really feels. So, all in all, I do prefer the books or novels themselves. Big smile

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by marvelous.malks

Of course plays, movies and other musical kind of things are always entertaining and fun to watch but I will also always prefer novels. They are much more imaginative, and descriptive.   When it comes to understanding characters, you become so keen with the characters in books while in Plays they are just there and you only feel what they show. Unlikely, in books, the author describes and shows what the character really feels. So, all in all, I do prefer the books or novels themselves. Big smile

true.

but thts easy.

in plays, its you who has to do the imagination part on wats going.

you have to figure out the tone of the character and how they react and everything from what they are saying. i think in plays, you get to play each character and live it. In novel, everything is given to you. the setting, the moods and everything.

I personally like plays for the challenge of it.

sweetshine

IF-Sizzlerz

sweetshine

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 3:41am | IP Logged
hey ppl, i think novels r more interesting than plays coz novels take you to a magical ride like in another world and you even get to know so many things and also read about places where you have never gone but after reading the novel u feel like you have visited the place, but in plays it's totally differnt coz u only imagine ppl acting up on a stage or there's not much of movement. it's better to watch a play then read it, makes the play more interesring.

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 03 September 2007 at 5:03am | IP Logged
I love both of them if good, however i prefer novels since i like the fact dat i have to imagine everything and everything is not given in straight away dailogues.. Even through at times descriptions get boring, i love letting my imagination run!

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 5:26am | IP Logged
plays are normally intended for live performance in front of a live audience - as inherent in the word ' a play' or a 'show'.   a drama communicates a sense of being enacted in the present.

Since the dramatist gives voice to several actors, the playwright can subdue his own persona and have the actor impersonates a beggar or/and a king with equal ease.

In plays, the dialogue is the sole means of carrying the story forward though the the actors tend to use exaggerated gestures to make the audience understand

novels on the other hand are told by the author who describes the setting, the characters and selects mode (ironic, melodramatic, sad)

the author selects what the reader should/should not know. the dialogue is imitated speech which does not carry the plot forward. the author manipulates the text to make the reader follow his guidelines

so at the end of the day i think they are both wonderful and it takes a skilled author to weave both and hold your interest!!!!

Edited by jasunap - 04 September 2007 at 5:28am

jdsean

Goldie

jdsean

Posted: 04 September 2007 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Both are good. I rather watch plays though. I love to go watch them but reading them. I rather read novels.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top