Miscellaneous

What does a rose say?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 22 December 2004 at 7:19am | IP Logged

Hi i got it in my inbox and found it interesting.thats why posting here..

What do roses say with their different color

lets start with the general ones.

Red:
Red roses say "I love you" and also stand for respect and courage. A deep red rose implies unconscious beauty.

White:
White roses have several meanings: "You're heavenly", reverence and humility, innocence and purity, "I'm worthy of you". They could also signify a secret crush or silent admiration. Bridal white means happy love. Withered white roses mean "you made no impression".

Lavender:
Lavender roses mean love at first sight.

Pink:
Deep pink roses stand for gratitude and appreciation. Dark pink roses say "Thank you."

Light pink roses imply grace, sympathy and admiration.

Orange:
Coral or orange roses denote enthusiasm and desire.

Yellow:
Yellow roses usually stood for decrease of love, jealousy but today, yellow roses signify joy and gladness. Historically, they meant a decrease of love and infidelity.

Pale:
In general, pale-colored roses signify sociability and friendship.

Red and yellow:
Red and yellow roses mixed together say "Congratulations!" They stand for jovial and happy feelings.

Red and white:
Red and white roses together, or white roses with red edges, signify unity.

Yellow and orange:
Yellow and orange roses together imply passionate thoughts.

After going through the various colors, the different ways in which roses are presented imply different things.

A single rose denotes perpetual love. It stands for simplicity. In full bloom, it means "I love you".

Two roses of any color taped or wired together to form a single stem signal a commitment or coming marriage.

Rosebuds symbolize beauty, youth and a heart innocent of love. Red rosebuds mean "pure and lovely" and white rosebuds signify girlhood or "too young to love".

The rosebud also stands for confessions of love.

Hybrid tea roses mean "I'll remember you always".

A full blown rose placed over two buds forms a combination that signifies secrecy.

A crown made of roses signifies reward or virtue.

Edited by chocolate - 22 December 2004 at 9:13am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What does a rose say?" in Miscellaneous forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rabeeak2003

IF-Dazzler

rabeeak2003

Posted: 22 December 2004 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
OOOH thanks! i always wanted to know that!Tongue

KK_lassi

IF-Veteran Member

KK_lassi

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 2:35am | IP Logged
This is great info chocolate, thanks for sharing!

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 4:25am | IP Logged
nice to hear that u two liked it!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top