Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Netwest Series

JayKish Groupbie
JayKish
JayKish

Posted: 31 August 2007 at 4:21am | IP Logged

India has already lost thier command on this series to loose the yesterday's game.Is Rahul Dravid's stratgey was good? I think overall captancy was wrong?

Edited by JayKish - 31 August 2007 at 5:17am

Aanandaa IF-Sizzlerz
Aanandaa
Aanandaa

Posted: 31 August 2007 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
A post about cricket and how on earth did I miss it...Unhappy

India was leading when it went into the one-days, but as usual, we failed to capitalize on that lead, by loosing the first one-day..And then we won the second one, but lost the 3,4th miserably...the 4th one y'day, was the most pathetic of all..Pathetic because of the psychological impact that it was going to make on our players' minds...

Surprisingly this time India did not make many mistakes..Its actually England who were able to play deep and take the fight all the way to the opponents camp, with their ball by ball, run after run, patient build up......Having a modest total of 212 on the board, Dravid did display more energy and set a very attacking field right from the beginning...Even the youngsters did not give anything away for free..At the end of the day, it was good cricket that won...

I would not jump my guns as yet, and start judging Dravid..(Yeah, I am not going to comment on the timid display of lack of good thinking when he did not put them to follow-on in the last test match)However, the next 3 matches depend upon how much he is able to shove this unforgettable loss under the carpet and have a fresh approach...His leadership skills or lack of them, would become visible at that point of time...Our team has to take heart of the things that went positive and indeed there were a lot of things that went right for us...

The next match is the decider and I hope and pray that our team goes in with the right attitude...

Raksha

Edited by raksha.l - 31 August 2007 at 1:13pm
JayKish Groupbie
JayKish
JayKish

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Actually by Indian teams making 212 runs that was great achievement for them and within 120 they got 7 bicket it was also the great. But their thought that no one can defeat them now it was bad. And lastly like lagan team England played and won the match.
ChameliKaYaar IF-Rockerz
ChameliKaYaar
ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 1:15am | IP Logged

Tongue

Originally posted by JayKish

Actually by Indian teams making 212 runs that was great achievement for them and within 120 they got 7 bicket it was also the great. But their thought that no one can defeat them now it was bad. And lastly like lagan team England played and won the match.

Good comparison (Lagaan comparison). Clap. Can the team India bounce back to win the series 4-3? Absolutely. They have to win this match and restore the belief in themselves. They have made right changes in the team. Yuvi promoted in the batting order is a step in the right direction. Ganguly is more dashing opener and Sachin has taken more of a settler role. If Ganguly falls, we need someone to continue the run rate and Yuvi does a good job. The batting form is Dhoni is a major concern. He was supposed to play that vital role of pinch hitter. He has not been himself off late. He is trying hard to settle and in  the process not playing his natural game. His natural game is intimidation and he should continue with that. Trying to settle b4 opening up is not his cup'o'tea.

Bowling has been pretty good except in small patches. India can come back and I fully expect them to put up a spectacular performance in game 5.Tongue

Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 2:02am | IP Logged
I still beleive that india can turn the table...

they can (will) win all 3 games Tongue
ChameliKaYaar IF-Rockerz
ChameliKaYaar
ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 5:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by guess_gallery

I still beleive that india can turn the table...

they can (will) win all 3 games Tongue

Tumhare moo mein ghee shakkarTongue

ChameliKaYaar IF-Rockerz
ChameliKaYaar
ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Just read that Zaheer is out of the match cuz of twisted ankle. That is a major blow.... Batting needs to fire tonight. Tongue
Aanandaa IF-Sizzlerz
Aanandaa
Aanandaa

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Hey Friends,

The good news is India one the 5 the oneday in this series to keep the hopes of a series win Alive....We played really well today and once agian Sachin and Sourav's opening pair played magically and helped out team post a huge total of 324/6....Sourav chipped in with the ball too and picked up 2 quick and good wickets..

And for the first time in the history of the stupid D/L method thing, India got something in its favor..England were already at the  score of  242/8  with only 6 overs remaining, when it started pouring...So the Umpires declared India to be the winners according to the D/L method...India won by 38 runs...Clap...With or without rain, today we are the winners...

Some of the comments I read say that the match was like one of those mid-nineties matches, where the opening pair made it work for us..Sachin and Sourav truly rocked...Sourav, you rock..I respect this man for coming behind and winning...The mark of a true winner.....:standing ovation:Where is that Jagmohan guy????Dead..I hope he is watching and also all those who wrote Sourav off and tried to squash him to the ground...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention- Sourav is the Man of the Match!!!

Raksha

Go to top