Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 30 August 2007 at 5:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pardesi-mem

Ok American TV and Indian Dramas are in a league of their own. Its two very different themes of entertainment as the storylines will reflect the norms of the society. India the saas-bahu shows sell as ppl can relate to that. In America, they are more innovative with their tv shows, each one has to have its own USP to stand out from the rest as there is a lot of competition from other networks. In India, its mainly just Balaji ruling all the channels. Although, American shows have their categoric shows too with the formulatic storylines esp. in teen drama genre.

u r right..absolutely...but the biggest drawback is acceptance even if indian tv produces a show like hollywood just bollywood produced KRRISH.they r not going to accept it becoz they don't find woman suitable being brave and doing crazy stuff around

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why can't INDIAN TV??? (Page 2)" in Alias forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 31 August 2007 at 7:22am | IP Logged
I so agree with you. Forensic/secret agencies/members has been my favourite topic for shows and will be, i know, its so interesting.

I remember when that show Akar Bakar or something used to come on Star Plus and Charmed used to come on Living TV. THe time slot was 4:00 pm Charmed and 5:00 pm Akar Bakar. After watching CHarmed I used to tune into Star Plus and when I watched Akar...I was like Dead . The quality and story was so diferent when the subject was same: Supernatural.

Same with other shows, like Special Squad why can't a girl be the main protagonist?

I agree with pardesi-mem, Indian TV is being ruled by Balaji (which I am totally against) and so same things are shown everywhere. BUT whatever it is if producers start producing more different genre shows it might click with the audience like CID.

Whatever it is I LOVE English shows more than Indian ones that's why I am only following DMG and that too when i have nothing else to watch.

prithvi lover

IF-Rockerz

prithvi lover

Posted: 31 August 2007 at 4:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by scorpion134

I so agree with you. Forensic/secret agencies/members has been my favourite topic for shows and will be, i know, its so interesting.

I remember when that show Akar Bakar or something used to come on Star Plus and Charmed used to come on Living TV. THe time slot was 4:00 pm Charmed and 5:00 pm Akar Bakar. After watching CHarmed I used to tune into Star Plus and when I watched Akar...I was like Dead . The quality and story was so diferent when the subject was same: Supernatural.

Same with other shows, like Special Squad why can't a girl be the main protagonist?

I agree with pardesi-mem, Indian TV is being ruled by Balaji (which I am totally against) and so same things are shown everywhere. BUT whatever it is if producers start producing more different genre shows it might click with the audience like CID.

Whatever it is I LOVE English shows more than Indian ones that's why I am only following DMG and that too when i have nothing else to watch.

YES! EXACTLY!  supernatural! thts my fav show and they made shhh koi hain out of it!Ouch

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 09 September 2007 at 1:52am | IP Logged

totally agreed...its so sad that we don't want women's status to develop Cryeven at the television or gr888 shows like saaksshi and rihaee wouldn't have been closed so soonOuch 

prithvi lover

IF-Rockerz

prithvi lover

Posted: 09 September 2007 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Master_Blaster

totally agreed...its so sad that we don't want women's status to develop Cryeven at the television or gr888 shows like saaksshi and rihaee wouldn't have been closed so soonOuch 

ppl hu noe that a particular show has been coiped from the english tellywood.......they stop watching it!

so irritating!

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 09 September 2007 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prithvi lover

Originally posted by Master_Blaster

ppl hu noe that a particular show has been coiped from the english tellywood.......they stop watching it!

so irritating!

everyshow is not copied...the show i mentioned were originals and very well made and appreciated too...there is nothing irritating

Post Reply New Post

Go to top