Debate Mansion

Complex Adaptive Theory and You (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

sourav1

sourav1

Posted: 01 September 2007 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Hi All!

How do you see the Complex Adaptive theory?

Does this make you .....think like an atheist for a while????

Doe this make you ...wonder ....or make ...you feel more the beauty of the Super power and the unification in all the fields of study.....does it make you more theistic........

How do you see youselves and your life ...if you apply complex adaptive theory to your universe,life and existence......

Regards,

Mythili

Some help:

A Complex Adaptive System (CAS) is a system of individual agents, who have the freedom to act in ways that are not always totally predictable, and whose actions are interconnected such that one agent's actions changes the context for other agents. Examples of complex adaptive systems include: the stock market, a colony of termites, the human body immune system; and just about any collection of humans such as an industry, a business organization, a department within an organization, a team, a church group, a family, or the Rotary Club.

At last, caught hold of something in my wandering mind to write about. Well this is the first time I am hearing about CAS. Seems like describing life itself. Does it make me feel theistic or atheistic? None. Ancient thinkers in our land have declared that no amount of empirical observation or logical wrangling can tilt the scale either side. Personally I tend to agree with this viewpoint. Yes, seeing complexity is enticing enough to invoke a deity however I would rather God not be called in to save the day - no - deus ex machina. That is how science progresses. Besides, if God wanted, wouldn't it have been much easier to decide on his/her existence? LOL How do I relate to this complexity? Perhaps ten years ago I would have written volumes on this topic. Today what interests me is the very nature of human psyche that craves for an explanation for this complexity.

Edited by sourav1 - 01 September 2007 at 11:20am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Complex Adaptive Theory and You (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Great post Myth! As promised, I will post here.   
My take on the supreme forces is that IT is behind generation of the situation. You can trace the responses and interactive activity of group of animals, humans, organs and cells to be triggered by a basic event that was not initiated by the entire group, but an individual event. Who was responsible for the event? The supreme.

Immune cells have to be challenged by infectious agent. The agent was created by?

Angry mobs had to be irriated by Richard Gere's kiss. That was triggered by his congenial ways and Shilpa's charm. Their coming together for an event was caused by need to raise AIDS awareness in India. AIDS was caused by ??

May be they are the outputs of someother complex adaptive systemsSmile...when we consider the entire universe as some big Super ComplexAdaptive System which is an integration of several complex adaptive systems..which can influence each other..then....the diseases, sins, abnormalities or good or bad deeds can be mapped to the result of one or the other complex adaptive system.......at this rate we can justify the notion..that there is no SUPER POWER ..but just a system..which goes on ..which is apparently random .but with some inehrent principle in it....just a thought...forgive..if it sounds sillySmile

What triggered the ADAPTIVE GROUP to interact?   My belief in the unseen supreme is mighty strong and although cannot be backed by scientific evidence, I consider it as our LIMITATION being bound to five senses.. Group / Individual.. chaotic / synchronized .. destructive / creative .. everything can be traced back to the SUPREME.
Why is it necessary to think..that there was or there is or there will be some un understandable Force ..why should'nt it be perceived ..why does it need to be so complex....what we understand might be the realitySmile,did anyone come back after death and reported to us Embarrassed

subha di.

Wonderful examplesClap...

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Guardian Angel

Hi All!

That most things are inter-twined and dependant on one another and that co-existence is necessary.

Yes wellsaidSmile

I donot know how to answer this.  I feel some things are beyond human comprehension and unexplainable.  Where do we look for answers that are not explaine?  I think there is some supreme power that controls all this.

Smile

Doe this make you ...wonder ....or make ...you feel more the beauty of the Super power and the unification in all the fields of study.....does it make you more theistic........

pls. see above

How do you see youselves and your life ...if you apply complex adaptive theory to your universe,life and existence......

That one cannot always predict the outcome or what is going to happen the next moment.  So take each day as it comes and make best of it.

wellsaidClap

Regards,

Mythili

Some help:

A Complex Adaptive System (CAS) is a system of individual agents, who have the freedom to act in ways that are not always totally predictable, and whose actions are interconnected such that one agent's actions changes the context for other agents. Examples of complex adaptive systems include: the stock market, a colony of termites, the human body immune system; and just about any collection of humans such as an industry, a business organization, a department within an organization, a team, a church group, a family, or the Rotary Club.

Thanks Myth........... my you always come up with such brain teasers.ClapClap 

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rockstallion

All things bright and beautiful, simple or complex, I see everything as GOD's creation...(u just cant google and give its views all the time Confused)

Yes !!! Somethings cannot be googledSmile

No, No way, There is no existance beyond HIS will Smile

Smile

Definately, Big smile He, the All Powerful is worth of all praises.

Thats what "believe in GOD" is. I feel every single move in the universe and what ever is of HIS is monitored by HIM. Any theory would not explain our existance but The All Mighty and All knowing GOD. Big smile

Well written in a simple and wonderful mannerClap

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Am novice on deeper understanding and norms of this theory, will try to answer whatever I read or know.>>me too want to learn from all of youSmile

Hi All!

How do you see the Complex Adaptive theory? Originated from natural forces, a ways of creating interdepedencies between different groups or agent for surviving, that also helps in evolution. Would say its a natural phenomenon, no harm in adapting in day to day life as nature is always upto changes and change is what drives human lives.

Smilewellsaid

Does this make you .....think like an atheist for a while???? Sought of..Big smile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

all the laws or theory and elements of the universe, nothing would be uncertain for it, and the future, like the past, would be present to its eyes.

Complex Adaptive System theory can be applied to business now a days...and cannot be predicted with any certainty no matter how much information we have about them.

We live in a adaptive environment,we learn  in one way or another, in order to preserve themselves.Smile

Thankyou Smile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Hi All!

How do you see the Complex Adaptive theory? More like random interaction of matter and energy in a way to create a natural dynamic of events... Some will always question the some of the causes in the chain of causal happenings and establish God... but thats not really true... God, the way we understand and the way we expect cant exist.

WellsaidClap

Does this make you .....think like an atheist for a while???? for a while!!!????

Smile Yes it made me think for a while

Doe this make you ...wonder ....or make ...you feel more the beauty of the Super power and the unification in all the fields of study.....does it make you more theistic........makes me admire the precision of the natural laws and its implication to survival.

Yes exactly...its something like making a spiritual guru into Bhagvan...the adoration to the wonderful teaching capacity of that guru..is promoted to the unquestionable SUPREME or Bhaghvan stage..similarly..the admiration/the fear of the precision or the acts of the Natural dynamics might have got promoted to the level of SUPREME or GOD concept...Smile

How do you see youselves and your life ...if you apply complex adaptive theory to your universe,life and existence......the natural dynamic is not aplicable to humans due to presence of free-will which breaks natural dynamic... So its more like struggle for survival and safe-guarding interests initiated by simple primal instincts... Dont seek God its futile - try to be God Smile

Can you please explain this pointSmile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 02 September 2007 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Hi All!

on the contrary. when i see good design, it makes me wonder if it didnt actually happen by design

Does it apply..when we see a bomb blast or some cruel act alsoSmile

When we donot apply divinity to all the things..its easy to understand the evil things..but how can we explain the concept of evil..if there is divinity in all the particles in this universeTongue

yes. too much coincidence if it was all an accident

Might not be an accident but an ever changing processSmile in which the sub- complex adaptive systems may have similar processes and principlesSmile

makes one feel like a small piece of a big jigsaw puzzle.

Yes! Smile

Thankyou CB ji for answering Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top