Debate Mansion

Mob lynches pickpocket, cops drag him on

syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Mob lynches pickpocket, cops drag him on bike

CNN-IBN

Nathnagar (Bihar): In Bihar's Bhagalpur district, a chain-snatcher became a victim of mob fury, with policemen just looking on.

On Monday, a man β€” identified as Salim β€” was caught trying to snatch a woman's chain in the Nath Nagar area of Bhagalpur. A mob soon gathered and beat up the man. His hands were tied behind his back as the crowd kicked and punched him in the face.

Salim was later tied to a motorcycle and dragged around. The footage shows a policeman riding the motorcycle to which he was tied.

All this while the policemen present there did nothing to stop the mob.

The Bihar Police Department has condemned the incident, saying that it is a mockery of law and order in the state and two policemen β€” including a sub inspector β€” have been suspended.

Wow! I don't know what to think.
Why do you think this happened?
Should it have happened at all?
Who is to be blamed?
Who is the actual victim here?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Disgusting 🀒

That's why they say India's jails are filled with hungry people...

The moralistic nature of the people sprouts out especially when the alleged one is a helpless and a poor guy...

This shouldn't have happened...First of all, its the police's duty to take care of the citizens and Salim, in this case is a citizen too and the other folks who were trying to take law into their hands were the ones who should be punished...

Who is the real victim???Salim...

How about a little display of 'mob fury' against the leaders who were laughing and joking around right after the next of the Hyd blasts πŸ˜•

Raksha
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Its brutel thing happend those who done these kind of crual thing, they should panish...i think the 2 policemen already got suspension. 😳
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Ya that incident was really too much.....
even that one ....Bokaro DC touching Soren's feet...

A police man hugged SD.....he got suspended..
but DC tells that he is respecting.......an elderly person.

i think law is not same for both.
SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Omg, that is so awful. Yes, what he was doing was wrong, but he did not deserve this. There may have been a good reason why he was stealing, i.e. he couldn't get a job and his family was hungry. I'm not saying stealing is justified, but it should have been taken to the law instead of people taking it into their own hands. And I really can't believe that the police just stood there and watched. Reminds me of what commonly happens in riot situations.  Anyone who has seen the film Dev will know what I mean.Edited by .:.Suhana.:. - 16 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is really disgusting! Could'nt watch it completely as it was really tragic
rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ridiculous people of our country....
jahil(illiterate) is the right word..
Connie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I watched this on Zee News and he was tied and dragged with the policeman riding it, he was screaming and the crowd was standing there helpless. 😑 I wonder if any action is going to be taken against the policeman??
season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

One word: STUPID. 😊

So many people roam around freely after pickpocketing someone, and once in a blue moon when they catch someone, this is how they treat them🀒. Wah re wah!

Do chaar dande zarur marne chahiye the and then, they could have given him some sort of prison sentence. This is just so stupid a blot on the name of police force.

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Arrey, its brutal but would 3 dandey's and 6 months in prison have fixed the problem? atleast one snatcher will think 1000 times before repeating the act. Does this instance show awareness and people fighting for thier self respect, along with law?

PS - don't misunderstand me here