Debate Mansion

Hyd Blasts - Aur kitna tolerate karenge? - Page 4

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Profiling is indeed the right way...Countries like US and UK have done it and so far, doing much better in curbing the terrorism than India...

Just look at the people that have been caught after these tragedies and observe where they belong...Isn't it important that the common man feels safe???Are our secular sensibilities more important than the life of a common man???Its disgusting, these policies and the policy makers...yuck.

The statistics of the no. of people that died in India due to the terroristic acts are quite astonishing and even more astonishing is the luke warm reaction, our policy makers show....I wish they just stopped giving stupid statements after these tragedies...
Edited by raksha.l - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareg thumbnail
I think we have a fundamental problem with how we deal with this, we meaning the common citizenery

Here are two situations
Right after the first Bomb Blasts in Mumbai, the city was almost back to normal the very next day, everyone applauded how quickly the common man reacted in a positive fashion. The benefit was the terrorists did not get the satisfaction of disrupting our lifesytle. The police really took the matter to heart and got the case solved within a month. And if the suspects had gone absconding, it became a responsibility of the rest of the Country's and the central govt to catch these guys, which took about 14 years, and when people started getting convicted the majority of the population werent interested. In general only those businesses affected and the people who died had to pay the price, so rest of the public didnt care about it seriously enough.

following that many terrorist attacks happened, the public got more and more desensitized everytime the same routine got repeated, and the people started rationalizing this, "oh this happened b'cos ...", "we shouldnt be blaming ....". It has gotten so bad these days, major newspapers have editorials to the effect that question why all of the suspects of the same religion and are we targetting a community here, etc

Take the second scenario
Right after 9/11, for about a week everything was closed in the financial capital, billions of dollars were lost, so Govt had to take action and forceful action against those. People from our subcontinent were shocked given how we deal with it. "How can you go to war over just 2000+ dead" was the underlying thought. But most of their citizens will still vote to bomb a nation. Many of our South Asian brethren wonder how could they re-elect Bush. Many a people in America realize this is their creation, still will vote unequivocally to bomb Afghanistan to oblivion

There is also a difference in attitude
Walk by the same neighbourhood that got bombed in Hyderabad in a week's time and you will see people throwing away empty boxes by the roadside and no-one giving a sh*t

7 years after 9/11 I was walking out of train station, someone had forgotten a toy box in the elevator and the elevator was cordoned off, and this was about 1300 miles away from the site of 9/11

If the common man cared in India, they would elect policians who care, if they are serious about a topic, politicians will dare not ignore it. The common man has no self respect, why would the politician give it to them?
Aanandaa thumbnail
Very well said Sareg... πŸ‘

However, my question to you is, what are these officials???Aren't they a part of the common man race???I mean, they did not descend from some other planet and will go back there after every day of serving(or the opposite) their duties..they still have to get back to their houses which are very much a part of the community...So why can't they act with a little bit more self respect...Their sense of purpose and duty is getting hurt, everytime the terrorists beat their intelligence..How are they able to live with that thought???

I would say, the politicians have a bigger responsibility, because they chose that path...Their first focus must be towards the common man and curbing his ignorance, not towards appeasing the minority Vote Banks...

Common man is still ignorant and is dying...What can you say to him???Yetha raja, thatha praja is an old Indian saying. Roughly translated, it means that the subjects would behave as the ruler does.

Edited by raksha.l - 16 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: sourav1

It's like this. There are people who write computer viruses and those who fortify the computers against them. It is a constant and continuous fight (the whole computer security industry is surviving on it 😊) But generally speaking the computers keep running as the security system evolves. The electronic world has not collapsed.

In the same way it is a constant endless endeavor. To generally remain one step ahead of the terrorists. Nations have done it. I think it needs a political will to execute and we can see good results.

Yes, political will is another ballgame. Unfortunately the people who are privileged to be the members of the highest law making body of the country have more concern for political correctness than love for their country.

only if that were that easy!!!???..😊 writing viruses is like robbing a bank its more like a battle of wits.Terrorism is more like vile, heartless aggression and they cant be compared....There is no sure protection against terrorist. somebody who is out there to get someone and ready to die in bargain can never be defeated... but by good-will...

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Hi all!
I'm hale and healthy!😊
Thanks for the concern.....was really tensed by the blasts and was worried about the whereabouts of some of the relatives.....all are fine!
May the souls of the innocent victims rest in peace!
Once again thankyou to all of you!
BTW people say papi chirayuh! πŸ˜›,so will not leave all of you easily 😊
Affectionately,
Mythili

Glad to learn that, thanks for letting us know. @papi chirayuh you mean to say we are here for longπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

raj5000 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sourav1

I think we should have the intelligence, investigation, armed forces and some police agencies elevated to elite status. Give incentives so that intelligent people who have some inclination are not discouraged. Why are so many people encouraged for civil services but not for armed forces? My brother in law is a colonel in army and he says India has one of the best trained foot soldiers but what about strategists. Army has a shortfall of officers to the tune of thousands. Yes we also have reasonably good strategists but they are few and far between. Just think how much more we can do when people with piercing intellect who otherwise move abroad or into lucrative avenues in computer science, MBA or civil services, coming into these services fully motivated and not worrying about their future .

Also counter terrorism, counter espionage cannot be done with 100% honorable means. These people need to given some reasonable freedom in their working.

Nice Thoughts Sourav!! but again is this possible in coming years?? Can any well development nations with points you meantion factor out terrorism?  How can we contribute when avenues are not open. All that be done is vote for party that we might think who thinks on similar, but hellooo does such policy making party exists? As you said terrorism cannot be 100% countered ofcourse minimized, as I previously said... sorry but we have to live with such uncalled for happening..nothing much can be done.

raj5000 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: qwertyesque

Sadly its impossible to combat  terrorism, but the easieer way to curb it is by good-will...unfortunately.. our country is a big hotch potch of diverse groups trying to be amicable and one person blowing up a fuse doesnt make it a general representation. The thing is if we try to use intelligence I am sure the terrorists need only fraction of it... so All said.. the only this can be curbed if people are more observant and act on war footing..And have more cops... in plain clothes in crowed places like temples, amusement centers, theatres... use metal detectors... but all this still leaves a  big hole which cant be filled..... Another way is use profiling... but then our secular nature comes in our way.. so its tough situation...

Bold part, point was trying to make. 😊 Other things are good thoughts on proactiveness but not necessarily fool proof, terrorists have been there, are there and will always be there. On a 5000 feet top view, "conflict is way of life" some manage conflict positively in progress of humankind and some take the negative route with thier #$%^%% reasoning. With both types exists in this world such things are ought to happen.

sareg thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: raksha.l

Very well said Sareg... πŸ‘

However, my question to you is, what are these officials???Aren't they a part of the common man race???I mean, they did not descend from some other planet and will go back there after every day of serving(or the opposite) their duties..they still have to get back to their houses which are very much a part of the community...So why can't they act with a little bit more self respect...Their sense of purpose and duty is getting hurt, everytime the terrorists beat their intelligence..How are they able to live with that thought???
After seeing how the cops who solved the 93 bomb blasts case got treated, I understand why the cops are dragging their feet in matters like this

after the '93 blasts the cops were given carte blanche authority to go after whoever they thought was responsible and those guys got it all done, they were promised some perks for that, perks ka chodo those guys got transfered, even now they get treated like dirt after the results of that case

I would say, the politicians have a bigger responsibility, because they chose that path...Their first focus must be towards the common man and curbing his ignorance, not towards appeasing the minority Vote Banks...

everyone has responsibility Raksha, we know politicians dont care, if we make it a litmus test, you show positive results on this, you get elected, you fail you dont get elected, do you think politicians will ignore this issue?

Common man is still ignorant and is dying...What can you say to him???Yetha raja, thatha praja is an old Indian saying. Roughly translated, it means that the subjects would behave as the ruler does.

common man is not ignorant, he shows up when some politician gives him a scooter/cycle for a vote, common man is shortsighted, well politician will give him that, if a terrorist/mafia guy funds his election for those votes, who do you think the politician is going to favor in such cases?

raj5000 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: sareg

I think we have a fundamental problem with how we deal with this, we meaning the common citizenery

Partly Agree, it salone cann't be blamed on common citizenery no matter what steps are taken such anti social acts will be commited, it more to do unsatisfaction within groups who vend to such ways for acheiving thier goals. Sad but true.

Here are two situations
Right after the first Bomb Blasts in Mumbai, the city was almost back to normal the very next day, everyone applauded how quickly the common man reacted in a positive fashion.

What do you expect? everyone mourns and sit back in a developing nation, who will feed low/middle classes who don't work the next day?

The benefit was the terrorists did not get the satisfaction of disrupting our lifesytle. 

True, isn't that good. Closing the whole country for 30 days and show how badly this act has affected all, to satisfy ego's of terrorist and encourage them for new 60 days shut down attempt, so finally they will acheive the goal. I think its a more of an discouragement.

NOTE : Taking a break.. as I suspect am misunderstanding the point here. Not sure what point you trying to bringout, that common man lost focus on seriously addressing this problem or there was divertion by media.

The police really took the matter to heart and got the case solved within a month. And if the suspects had gone absconding, it became a responsibility of the rest of the Country's and the central govt to catch these guys, which took about 14 years, and when people started getting convicted the majority of the population werent interested. In general only those businesses affected and the people who died had to pay the price, so rest of the public didnt care about it seriously enough. following that many terrorist attacks happened, the public got more and more desensitized everytime the same routine got repeated, and the people started rationalizing this, "oh this happened b'cos ...", "we shouldnt be blaming ....". It has gotten so bad these days, major newspapers have editorials to the effect that question why all of the suspects of the same religion and are we targetting a community here, etc

Take the second scenario
Right after 9/11, for about a week everything was closed in the financial capital, billions of dollars were lost, so Govt had to take action and forceful action against those. People from our subcontinent were shocked given how we deal with it. "How can you go to war over just 2000+ dead" was the underlying thought. But most of their citizens will still vote to bomb a nation. Many of our South Asian brethren wonder how could they re-elect Bush. Many a people in America realize this is their creation, still will vote unequivocally to bomb Afghanistan to oblivion

There is also a difference in attitude
Walk by the same neighbourhood that got bombed in Hyderabad in a week's time and you will see people throwing away empty boxes by the roadside and no-one giving a sh*t .

Howz will attitude of building a memorial tomb at that neighbourhood help in the cause of curbing such acts. Fail to understand again, sorry.

7 years after 9/11 I was walking out of train station, someone had forgotten a toy box in the elevator and the elevator was cordoned off, and this was about 1300 miles away from the site of 9/11

If the common man cared in India, they would elect policians who care, if they are serious about a topic, politicians will dare not ignore it. This one I agree, still I don't see such acts being extinct from the face of the world. The common man has no self respect, why would the politician give it to them?  πŸ˜• isn't that a job done after electing the right politicians, if there are anyπŸ˜‰ and forcing them to do the job, if at all they canπŸ˜• BTW - my POV is just focused on can be remove terrorism, in this post.

Aanandaa thumbnail