Debate Mansion

I am the best?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Yes you are the most blessed person in world and have so much intellectuality that no one beat your arguements. Cool thought, but is this realistic?

no there are many factors that weight individuals differently. So do you think, no one can beat you or be superior? What can you do to ensure answer yes to the previous question.

Basically people who claim / portray to be best, do not factor different paradims of being the best, they are in the vaccum. Do we make the right call in calling oneself intellect or advising others on how things should be done right?

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tisha_g

could you clarify further.
And I am happy someone is back, even for a short while. 😊

Thanks! Its very abstract debate, changed the verbiage to clarify, please try to make your assumptions. Am trying to understand folks who think they are Greats but in actuality they are dabba gul.

Originally posted by: raj5000

Thanks! Its very abstract debate, changed the verbiage to clarify, please try to make your assumptions. Am trying to understand folks who think they are Greats but in actuality they are dabba gul.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† can't do much with such people who have grand delusions about themselves.  I also know couple of them in RL...very frustrating to deal with them actually.  will post my views later.  nice to see you back Raj😊

raj5000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† can't do much with such people who have grand delusions about themselves.  I also know couple of them in RL...very frustrating to deal with them actually.  will post my views later.  nice to see you back Raj😊

Thanks Gaur's , nice to be back :) . yeah always pleasure to hear RL expe. from you.

rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

No one can beat you or be superior?

I am going to reach nowhere if i conveniently say a 'yes' to the above 'incorrect question' .

Its a 'NO'.  😊

i definately think i am capable of much more intellectuality than i possess....there is always room for learning , understanding, and acquiring knowledge..I keep trying to upgrade myself, and never feel that i am on the highest peek...i always feel the need to climb up. to reach others and still others who are higher. 😊

in my opinion it is rather foolish to think that u are a know it all, the superior one whom no one can beat. πŸ˜†  thinking so  might end your quest for knowledge, and no longer would u be able to grow. 

and i would quote the following whick explains my choice.

"Perhaps no sin so easily besets us as a sense of self-satisfied superiority to others."

__ William Osler

More so , i think , to not accept your superiority is in a may more superior than superiority itself πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

P.S ( i posted this before the upgrade in the topic πŸ˜• πŸ˜• ) guess it does not matter ,,, i dont claim to be a know it all anyway... πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†

Edited by rockstallion - 16 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

"Intelligence is like an underwear. It is important that you have it, but not necessary that you show it........" 😊 ---now a days people showing their underwear out......to show others that they are the Best...πŸ˜‰

Am the best bolega thoo koi best hota hey kya....i dont think so....😊

Edited by Believe - 16 years ago
kabhi_21 thumbnail
Duniya wahi maanti hain jo aap dikhate hain.... saying I am the best is not boasting oneself... it has deeper meaning than the words....

While some people carry the tag for boasting, others try to swim in the deeper meaning... Ofcourse there are many facets and you cant win with anyone.... but the words "I am the best" are used as self encouragement.... just like the words Vande Mataram wakes up ur patriotic feelings... I believe in saying I am the best... but does nt mean i m actually the best... i strive for being best.... and this words keep me motivating to live up to those words... thts my theory of "I am the best" so yes "I am the best" πŸ˜†
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabhi_21

Duniya wahi maanti hain jo aap dikhate hain.... saying I am the best is not boasting oneself... it has deeper meaning than the words....

While some people carry the tag for boasting, others try to swim in the deeper meaning... Ofcourse there are many facets and you cant win with anyone.... but the words "I am the best" are used as self encouragement.... just like the words Vande Mataram wakes up ur patriotic feelings... I believe in saying I am the best... but does nt mean i m actually the best... i strive for being best.... and this words keep me motivating to live up to those words... thts my theory of "I am the best" so yes "I am the best" πŸ˜†

this is a classy way of boastingπŸ‘πŸ˜†

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You don't have to flaunt your intellect for it to exist, or for others to acknowledge it. Just use it properly and the results will speak for themselves. I know this is the age of selling oneself and no one would like to sell himself/herself short, but you don't want to overhype too, a la the Indian cricket team πŸ˜‰ Last year I was on the recruiting team, and I couldn't believe the extent to which some people had inflated their CVs. They just fell short of saying "I am the best" in so many words. Needless to say they didn't even go beyond the initial stages. Kasam se, main sach bol rahi hoon πŸ˜†

Welcome back, Raj!

Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

You don't have to flaunt your intellect for it to exist, or for others to acknowledge it. Just use it properly and the results will speak for themselves.

πŸ‘πŸ‘Extremely well said....my thoughts in one.

Theres no need to show off how much you study for papers, or how intelligent you are. Act dumber than you are...πŸ˜‰ ...results indeed do speak for themselves. 😳

Actually, and people who boast about how clever they are, do my head in.

Example: Last month, went to see dad's side of family. Stayed at my cousin's house for 3 days. Her fiance came to meet us and his two sisters. So one of her future sis-in-law's sat there in front of us going on and on about....how clever she is...I was trying so hard not smirk at her stupidity but all she was saying was how well she does at her college...how she get top marks, blah blah blah...and i was thinking just shut up😳 There was seriously no need for it, and also she wasn't goin to be my SIL so why bother wasting her breath - only reason she was doing it is, because shes actually jealous of my cousin, even though my cousin is a thousand times more talented than her IMOπŸ˜‰

People know how yo are, and you dont even need to speak a word. πŸ˜‰

So need to say u r the best...😳..if u r the best...people will always tell u.πŸ˜†