A bit of confusion?

Posted: 18 years ago

Hey

I was wondering about a thing......In Hp6 When Harry is at 'The Burrow' on christmas he asks Lupin whether he knew who the half-Blood prince is.. Lupin says that he didnt know and that he better check the publishing date on the potions book to get an idea that who he/she was...Harry checks and gotta knew that it was of 50 years back which meant that it belonged to neither his father or his classmates as they werent present in hogwarts as that time!

Now the confusion : Wasnt snape in the same year as james? so then Howcome he is the Half Blood prince if he wasnt at hogwarts 50 yrs ago? Neither james nor snape was there 50 yrs ago.......So does this means that the book didnt belonged to him and he was just lying?

I dunno if JO made a mistake here or if it is sth that will be mentioned later in HP7...........

Do lemme know ur views on this!

Thankx

Regards
Meha!

hi meha,

the response to your question is very simple.....

the books belonged to not snape but to his mother Eileen Prince..... Since her husband was a "MUGGLE" he became the Half-Blood Prince. (remember Just like Voldemort & Harry being half bloods too).

Hope that answers your query.

regards,

Freaky Genious

So u mean that the book was transfered from Eileen To her son snape. didnt snape bought a new book.....
maybe snape was too poor to buy a new one......... 😆

Oh yeah maybe ... snape = POOR .. fits all
I never thought of it that way but I think you're right. Cuz Hermione said that it could be Eileen Prince because she was soooo sure it could be a girl too. And that means that Snape got it from his mom. 😕
yeah i think so too
and lakshmi
nice avatar
Yes.. That is what Hermione tells in the end...
The book belonged to Snape's mom... He inherited it from her...

Originally posted by vivacious_virgo

yeah i think so too
and lakshmi
nice avatar

thanx!😳

it belonged to eileen prince snape's mother 😃