Users

Frequent Posters

knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Marriage can wait: Aamir Ali
30 Sep 2007, 0000 hrs IST,NEHAL PAREKH ,TNN

Television star Aamir Ali shares his future plans with AT

Amiable television star Aamir Ali insists that he's an "accidental" actor. He might have started off modelling after college, but acting wasn't a career option really. "It happened by chance. I became a known face as a model and that in turn got me some exciting offers," points out Aamir.

A commerce graduate from Mumbai, Aamir claims that he's now passionate about acting. "It is like love, it grows slowly and becomes intense with each passing day." Aamir, who's played a cameo in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii , and a lead role in Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki , says he loved playing Soumya in Woh ..., and "was even able to relate to the character, but the character was killed and my track is over."

Unlike other actors, Aamir believes that it's good being typecast as "one has mastered one thing at least."

For now Aamir has put on his dancing shoes with beloved Sanjeeda Sheikh, for a dance reality show. By his own admission, Aamir, who's got two left feet, claims to have become more confident after a month's practice. He feels that if he can "dance, anyone can. I was scared of dancing, but I have overcome my fear and am enjoying it a lot."

Quiz him about Sanjeeda and you can hear the excitement in his voice. The very much in love Aamir says he adores her. "Sanjeeda and I have recently started knowing each other and she's a lovely person. I like her because she loves her parents, and I like people who respect and love their parents. And the fact that she has the ability to remain happy and cheerful makes me feel happy too.

Marriage is not happening in the near future — we have just started getting to know each other. We need time before we decide on marriage."

And sure, he's also reading film scripts. Only, he cautiously refuses to comment on them yet. "I have some offers, but I can't talk about them yet. In the end the medium is not important, I'd like to be known as a good actor."
knumnum thumbnail

No sob stories or tears for Kavita
1 Oct 2007, 0000 hrs IST,HARSHADA REGE ,TNN

'I don't have any illusions about winning'

Kavita Kaushik may have been criticised for the jodi's second performance in Nach Baliye 3, but the actress is not worried about it. She says, "We have no illusions about winning. Both Karan (Grover) and I are non-dancers and we know that there's very little chance of winning. I came into the show knowing this and the only reason I am here is to enjoy myself. We are going to enjoy both the appreciation as well as the criticism."

The couple's first performance was liked by the judges, but the second one wasn't liked much. So, who's the better dancer? "Both of us are bad, but between us, I have some sense of rhythm. Karan is a better actor than dancer," she laughs.

However, there's a lot of difference between this fun-loving couples and the other pairs. The couple has decided not to shed any tears or give any sob stories for a bad performance.

"It's a fact that we are busy, but we both accepted the show knowing that, so there's no reason for us to crib about our hectic schedule. It isn't like it's forced on anyone. If it's a competition, it's going to be tough. So, one either has the option to crib about hectic work schedule and injuries, or enjoy the grind. And we have decided on the latter. Even if we are voted out, we want to leave with a smile, not with tears," she says.

Speaking about the judging system, Kavita is one of the few who's in favour of the SMS voting format. "When there are celebs involved, a dance show doesn't remain a dance show, it becomes an extension of your on-screen persona. The audiences don't look just at the dance, they also look at the chemistry between the couple," says Kavita.

Kavita says that she was thrilled when Ishaa Koppikar and David Dhawan complimented her for her funny act as cop Chandramukhi Chautala on SAB's FIR.

"My father is an IAS officer and he's happy because I get to wear the uniform. But I was pretty bad at studies and could never get through the tough exams. But yes, when I signed the show, I never thought it would become so popular," she says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/No_ sob_stories_or_tears_for_Kavita/articleshow/2416747.cms

Infidelity is a no-no for me:Sanjeeda
1 Oct 2007, 0000 hrs IST,NEHAL PAREKH Times News Network ,TNN

Amdavadi Sanjeeda Sheikh tells ATall about her love life and career moves

Ahmedabad girl Sanjeeda Sheikh's bubbly spirit shines through everytime she talks. A trained fashion choreographer, Sanjeeda might never have planned a career on prime time television , but it's something she's grown to love.

After working in lead roles in Tamil and Telugu films, her move to television has proved rewarding. Even months after her debut soap Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka has gone off air, everyone still calls her Nimmo. She grins mirthfully, "I am very happy to be known as Nimmo . I loved doing that show. And I love working with Ekta Kapoor's team (no prizes for guessing why, Sanjeeda's playing the second lead in another Balaji show, Kayamath now). I don't think I can work with any other production house after this," she says.

Sure, like all true blue Amdavadi, Sanjeeda misses her city and claims that all she needs is an excuse to return . "I love Ahmedabad to the bottom of my heart. Work has taken me to Mumbai and I am settling down."

From the bumbling girl next door to the manipulative vamp, Sanjeeda's had her share of variety. "I have experimented with different kinds of roles. Variety is the spice of my job." Not that she's really ever related to a character. "I am not myself once I am playing a character. There's nothing of me in the character I play on screen. It's play-acting through and through."

And finally, she's also doing what she's passionate about - dancing for a celebrity talent show. "I love dancing, but this time around I am doing it for a reality show, so things are different. I have also realised that it's very difficult to juggle a soap and a reality show at the same time!" she mock laments.

Sanjeeda is dating actor and family friend Aamir Ali for a couple of months now. "I take our relationship very seriously. Infedility is a strict no-no for me," she says firmly.

We also hear, she's just signed up a big ticket Bollywood flick. Does that mean she's going to quit television ? "I never think about my future. I just take things as they comes. I wouldn't mind doing a cameo even if I can prove my acting prowess."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Inf idelity_is_a_no-no_for_meSanjeeda/articleshow/2416235.cms

knumnum thumbnail

Prank stir

< content=10/01/2007 name=date>
Aamir Ali and girlfriend Sanjeeda Sheikh were horrified on the sets of Nach Baliye 3. A prank went haywire and upset everybody on the sets
Back to Section Stories Posted On Monday, October 01, 2007

Kunal M Shah

Nach Baliye couple, Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh had a horrifying time when a staged prank went haywire. Few guys were brought on the sets and were made to act as if they were Sanjeeda's fans. One of them was told to act

Aamir with Sanjeeda
as a local goon, but their acting went overboard as they began abusing Aamir and Sanjeeda. While Aamir was trying to calm the visitors, one of them went very close to Sanjeeda and she began to cry. In anger, Aamir slapped him and took away the camera and removed the cassette and broke it.

Our source, who was present on the sets, says, "Aamir is a cool person and he was game for it when it all started. The Star and Wizcraft team had staged a prank and the idea was to make it look real for the ched-chaad round. The plan was to scare Sanjeeda and the actors were supposed to come as goons with a knife in their hand. They were told to act as if they are Sanjeeda's fan and one of them wants to propose to her. However, one of the actors went overboard and started abusing."

The plan flopped when the amateur actors pulled out a knife and brought it very close to Aamir. A terrified Sanjeeda was in tears. "At first, Aamir thought that it was all part of the prank but when they came too close to Sanjida, she began to cry. At this point Aamir asked them to back off but they would not listen. Aamir got angry and slapped one of them, he took the camera and removed the tape and smashed it hard. He then asked everyone to leave and consoled his lady love who was terrified," the source adds

When contacted, Aamir says, "Yes, this happened but there is no point talking about it now. These two guys got carried away way but I have no complaints."

Meanwhile, his girlfriend Sanjeeda says, "It was shocking and scary. Although it was a nicely planned gimmick, it turned out to be a horrifying experience. One of them aso had a knife. I think it could have been done in a better way. They also started abusing. I hated it completely and even Aamir was in for a shock. I don't even want to talk about the incident."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=200710012007100102123767140d45ecd

Amita and Karan at the receiving end!

Jodi no 2 Amita Chandekar and Karan Patel were at the receiving end over the weekend. Their choreographer Sanjay Yadav scolded them for not performing well in for two consecutive episodes. The only managed to get 17 marks which upset their choreographer.

"Being their choreographer it's my responsibility to ensure they are perfect but during the rehearsals only they are not punctual and as a result of this in both the rounds we have really scored bad marks," says Sanjay candidly.

Sanjay says that he takes his job as their choreographer very seriously and considers their bad performance as a direct reflection on him. "If they get a bad result it will affect all three of us and it will be very bad for me as choreographer. Why they are not rehearsing together is not my problem but at the same time the whole chemistry depends upon their co-ordination. I did scold them and told them that they needed to improve their performance," says Yadav.

Sanjay has worked with many stars from Bollywood including Hrithik Roshan, Haraman Baweja and most recently Ranbir Kapoor. "Recently I met Ranbir and he told me to wish them best of luck for Nach… in fact he smsed the two of them as well!"

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071001_10

'Mujhe Hindi nahin aati!'
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   October 2, 2007

Nach Baliye couple Sweta-Alexx have a tough time as O'Neill doesn't understand Hindi songs

Language blues: Sweta Keswani with fianc Alexx O'Neill
Nach Baliye couple Sweta Keswani and fianc Alexx O'Neill are facing a peculiar problem — Alexx does not comprehend Hindi. So how does the duo gyrate to Bollywood tracks on the Star reality show?

It is learnt that Alexx had enrolled for a crash course at the Landour Language School in Mussorie, which is known for teaching Hindi, but left it halfway when rehearsals for Nach Baliye 3 began.

Slow process

Says Sweta, "Alexx can't speak or understand Hindi. Before Nach Baliye, he did attend Hindi classes. Though he has picked up a smattering of words, he can't rattle off the way we do. So I have to be very patient and speak extremely slowly so that he can follow it."

Alexx is part Irish-part Dutch. Though based in the US, he has been in Mumbai for quite a while. Besides his own outsourcing business, he is keen on acting too. On the big screen, he did brief roles in Balki's Cheeni Kum and in Manish Acharya's Loins of Punjab Presents (he spoke in English in both projects).

At the rehearsals, their choreographer Padmini Haralkar also has to be extra cautious. "When we rehearse, Alexx is always looking at the mirror because he gets his cues from the steps, and not the lyrics of the songs. Also, I have to write the lyrics for him in English," she says.

When the channel approached them for the show, Alexx did not want language constraints to prove an obstacle. "He was determined and our rehearsals take extra long because of language problems. We practise for over six hours, and as a result I can't take on any other show," points out Sveta, who was last seen in Mohalla Mohabbatwala on SAB.

The duo almost did not do Nach Baliye 3 as Alexx's sister will shortly be getting married in Holland. "I wanted to spend time with his relatives  at the wedding.

I have only met his mother, who came down to Mumbai for the engagement. I was quite keen to meet everyone else, but now we will barely get three days off from the show for the wedding. We have to be back for Nach Baliye in time. As a result, we practise through the day to make up."

Permit issues

Besides the language problems, Alexx also had to get his work permit sorted out for foreign nationals working in India. "He flew to the US just before Nach Baliye rolled to get all the paperwork done. He did not want any hassles," says Sweta.

Even though Nach Baliye 3 has been on air barely two weeks, Alexx has already had his brush with fame. "Alexx stays at a rented apartment in Seven Bungalows, and now everyone looks at him differently. It isn't easy for a bachelor to find a place to rent. Nach Baliye has made things a wee bit easier!"

http://mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/october/164884.htmEdited by knumnum - 16 years ago
knumnum thumbnail
Karan and Amita part ways… again!

Jodi No 2 Amita and Karan Patel were in for a surprise when they received some praise for their performance in the fifth episode which will be aired this weekend.

And probably the true credit goes to their dance guru Sanjay Yadav who was very angry with them. But it looks like the two are back to their old ways and have once again decided to rehearse separately – one of the main reasons behind their bad performances in the first two weeks.

We put this forth to their choreographer Sanjya Yadav and he sounded completely hassled with his Nach Baliye couple.

"What I can say to them?! I have said the same thing that if they want to score well then you have to rehearse together. I have told them that in the next round the judges must see a great chemistry… I have told them to co-operate with me so that we can stay in the competition for a longer period," says Yadav.

Whether this lack of practice will affect their marks in the subsequent rounds will be seen soon in the future. However one thing is for sure that if they want to stay in the competition long enough they will need to manufacture some chemistry to ensure their place in the competition!

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071004_43

Alexx has a crush on Ishaa?

Alexx O' Neil, Sweta's fianc, recently saw the video of Ishaa Koppikar's khallas song and has been swooning ever since. Sweta thinks that Alexx has a huge crush on his Nach Baliye 3 judge Ishaa .However Alexx isn't that forthcoming!

"My friend Adi who is one of the singers of the song showed me that video. It was 5 years back and I never thought that I would one day dance in front of her and she would be judge of the show. I am very shy person and I never knew that she would be the judge. I will never go and tell her that 'Hello Ishaa… I saw your video and I liked it very much.' I cannot do that," says Alexx.

O'Neil says that he never believed he would get this far in the competition. "I never imagined that I would remain in the show so long. Five years ago if anyone would have asked me that would you like to do reality show based on dance and song I would have definitely said no way. Ask me something else but for dancing it is 'Hell, No!"

"Sweta is like fire on stage but I am the worst dancer on the show. I am very scared of dancing. But both of us are working hard. Especially Sweta knows that I cannot dance on the beats so she refused some offers so that she can give 100% to this show. I took up this show for her. I considered it as an opportunity do things which I had never done as a kid," he says honestly.

Sweta keeps teasing her fianc about his crush. "Both of us are very frank about our relationship and I think Alexx is not confessing he is having a huge crush on her. It is normal but Ishaa doesn't know anything about it!"

Jodi No 1 Alexx and Sweta performed on the song Mohabbat Hai Mirchi in the last episode and scored 22 marks.

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071004_40

Amita Sethi upset with the judges

Amita Sethi says that she is upset with the three Nach Baliye judges because she feels that although the judges always appreciate her and hubby Vikas' performance when it comes to giving marks they aren't being fair.

"I can't understand if the judges are praising and saying that your dance is growing round by round but still we are in 20 to 25," complains Amita.

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071004_36

Edited by knumnum - 16 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

• 2 Tuesday   |   NB SuperSpy

• I am back with some interesting gossip from the sets of Nach Baliye… read on…

Khafa Khafa
    Karan Patel and Amita Chandekar sure need to sort out their differences. The two spend all of yesterday not speaking to one another… how do you participate in a show together without speaking to each other? And it wasn't that they were on a maun vrath… Karan was happily chatting with Kavita Kaushik but when it came to his Baliye the two seemed a little Khafa Khafa….

Batti Bhuja ke
    For the third week running there seemed to be an issue with the electricity supply on sets. This time the air conditioning went off! Vikas Sethi known for his humour and quick wit said it was probably because someone had gone and teased Mrs. Ambani!

Sore eyes hits NB
    Conjunctivitis has found its way to the sets of Nach Baliye. Amita Sethi's driver was suffering from the infection but he was hanging around the set and by the end of filming Amita had got the infection… and with her being in constant touch with the rest of the stars on set it didn't take long for a lot of them were complaining of itchy eyes…Was this a ploy to weaken the enemy, I wonder?

Alexx go lagee mirchi
    Our resident desi gora Alexx O'Neil is having a tough time on the sets. And no the dance is the easy part… the handsome lad is finding it difficult to deal with the food on sets. Now anyone who has been to a film or TV set knows that the food is full of oil and masala and requires a very strong tummy to deal with it on a regular basis. And from what I see Alexx is heading towards a case of the Delhi Belly!

Love Birds
    Looks like Kashmeera and Krushna Abhishek have competition… My spying eyes have spotted Sanjeeda and Amir coochie cooing all day long on the set. Waiting for their cue, just before they perform, after they perform, while leaving, on meeting…. Sanjeeda and Amir just can't seem to keep their hands off one another. So much so that recently during technical rehearsals when the camera man was trying to take his angles the camera happened to focus on the two having a jolly good time in the corner!

I'm off now to find out what else is happening in Nach-ville!

NB SuperSpy

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/spy_diary.aspx
    Edited by *Shruti* - 16 years ago
    knumnum thumbnail
    Priya Arya encourages Karan Patel

Kasturi's Priya Arya says that she is very fond of her co-star Karan Patel and she has been encouraging him since the competition went on air.

"I have seen their Nach performance which was not so good but I recently went on-location and I can tell you that as compared to the first two episodes this time they have done a good job… and please don't try to compare them with Rakhi Sawant!" she says.

Arya is quite upset with the recent comments that Karan and Amita have received recently on the show. "Karan Patel is a trained dancer. For 6 months he was an assistant to Shiamak Davar so he knows a lot about dancing as compared to Amita. For their faulty performance even their choreographer is responsible as they were not given a good storyline… the theme was not so good," she says candidly.

Priya says that Karan gets quite nervous before his performance. "He is quite worried about his performance. On the sets he gets quite nervous. I guess it is normal for it to happen when you are in such a competition!"

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071005_55

Feeling Good!

Jodi No 5 Vikas and Amita Sethi are both suffering from conjunctivitis and so they decided to rehearse for very little time as they weren't feeling up to the mark.

But what was surprising was that as they skived from rehearsal sessions they were good enough to go shopping. We spotted them shopping at Infinity Mall in suburban Mumbai yesterday evening.

We put forth this scenario to their choreographer Minaz to find out what was happening. First of all she was surprised to hear that both had taken ill. "I can't understand what we are going to practice and when both are suffering from sore eyes I guess they should take rest so that they will be fit for the rehearsals."

"And I don't want to comment on them going shopping as it's their private life," she says diplomatically.

Vikas Sethi says that there was nothing wrong with them shopping instead of practicing.

"We were very stressed in all these weeks so to have some freshness in our mind we decided to go out for shopping and we were feeling better because after two weeks of sheer practice we decided to go out!"

Well we hope that the need of some fresh air outside the two of you don't find yourselves outside as well!

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071005_56

shruti thumbnail
    Living upto the promise

he popular reality dance show featuring celeb couples enters its third season with promises of a bigger scale, tougher dance acts and a channel platform with a larger audience base. Having made its mark in the first two seasons with couples from the TV world, NB3 extends its ambit to films this season. Now, whether its courtesy the exhausting of couple options from the telly fraternity or for guaranteeing a larger participation base for future editions only time will tell, but let's start with its most glaring changes. Nach Baliye had made as much mark for its innovative 'dancing with your partner' concept as for its star judges of the first two seasons the inimitable Saroj Khan and the stylish Malaika Arora Khan. NB3 won't be the same without Saroj Khan's seeti and that signature 100 rupee note inam every contestant would die to receive from her. The gimmicks had become an institution in Nach Baliye. But in the transient world of TV, even Amitabh Bachchan wasn't considered irreplaceable for KBC!

However, if Saroj Khan shocked all by calling a female contestant 'manly' last season, Merchant keeps the rude metre up, albeit in English with adjectives like "pathetic, horrible, amateur…" liberally served with a chic 'Dahling.' David Dhawan is a welcome change to the men of few words who had graced his seat in the previous shows, especially for his no holds barred 'dil se' speak. Koppikar doesn't make you miss Malaika much, unless she advertises her ignorance on certain dance forms in spite of being a judge.

As regards the contestants, they provide hints galore of an encore of success graphs from previous seasons. While the cute telly toppers Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh show ample promise of doing a Hussain-Tina this year, Krushna could well be the source of high adrenaline dances a la Bakhtyaar. Hussain's succinct host act is welcome, while Tina is thankfully non-gushy. And as long as Rakhi Sawant is present, the show can be assured of some inane emotional tiffs to get the TRPs coming for its backstage episodes. Doubters on the presence of more unknown entities this season be rest assured, the concept is such that it has made celebs out of non-entities in previous seasons, so you never know who will script a career revival by the end of this season.

On the flip side, can we have a break from the same old sob stories of injuries. What used to happen after the show reached midway earlier has started replaying from day one - participant absences, forgetting steps midway and the practice related sob stories of injury. Everyone's being handsomely compensated to shake that leg and shed that extra sweat. So why complain? It just takes the fun off the game and if replayed as a habit might affect the TRPs too.

Verdict: A must watch for suckers of reality TV, NB3 lives up to the promise of the previous seasons along with a few good dances and dancers to watch out for.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=17358

knumnum thumbnail
    Shakti quits Nach Baliye 3

For the second week running actor Shakti Kapoor was hoping to get a chance to perform alone as his wife Shivangi's health is not permitting her to undertake the grueling practice sessions of Nach Baliye.

However judges and Shakti himself decided to quit the show as his wife Shivangi is advised to take rest for another three weeks.

Shakti spoke to us about his decision to the leave the show.

"My wife is suffering from back pain so last week the judges allowed me to perform alone with someone else. But since this week as well she was unable to participate in the show I decided to bow out of the show. So therefore I told them that now it is enough. This is against rule and so I should quit," he explained.

The actor says that it wasn't an easy decision for him. "I accepted the show because of Shivangi. If she cannot perform then it is meaning less for me to continue with the show. When I announced this to everyone the participants were emotional. I have promised them that I will come back in wild card entry round with my wife. They all were crying and I am going to miss them a lot!"

"Shivangi also felt bad when I told her about my decision. I was not there for the competition… I just wanted to have fun and enjoy show with my wife. I hope that she recovers fast and we will come back. Judges also knows that this is the genuine case. They know that Shakti is a professional actor and performer!" he says.

In last week's episode Shakti performed alone and scored 16 marks.

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071006_65

'I'm feeling confident'

Amita and Karan Patel, Nach Baliye 3's jodi no 2, managed to finally squeeze in a good performance last night. As a result their points moved up and they walked away with 20 points so now the non-dancer Amita is feeling confident.

"Before performing this round I was slightly nervous. I was quite scared whether I will be able to match my steps with Karan but the judges liked my performance very much," she says happily.

For the first two rounds the couple was unable to get their chemistry going on stage but it looks like the rigorous practice in the last week helped turn on the magic for the two of them. "Yes. They gave us compliments for maintaining good chemistry between me and Karan. So now I'm feeling confident. I feel now I can dance on any dance step so with the touch baliye round I'm feeling confident."

"I have promised my choreographer and Karan that I won't them down so now I'm going too rehearse hard with every round."

We spoke to Sanjay Yadav, the couple's choreographer, who seemed happy with his students for the first time in the competition.

"I'm very pleased with their performance so now I will do things according to what the judges want so now let's see how they are going to perform the next round."

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071006_73

Aamir, Sanjeeda want to continue experimenting

Undeterred by last night's comments and wrath of the judges, jodi No 7 Aamir and Sanjeeda says that they will continue to experiment with their acts in the coming weeks. For the first two weeks the couple that was the darling of all three judges was in for a shocker when their act last night only got bad comments from all three judges. Aamir says that he yet doesn't understand what went wrong.

"I felt bad about it. In both the episodes we got good comments and marks. But sometimes these kind of up and downs happens. I do not know why judges thought that it was bad performance. I had good time. We must have done something wrong and that is why they commented like that. However that mistake was not so huge to have received so less marks."

"They are expecting much from us because we performed nicely in first two episodes. But I think whatever is happened it happened on the right time. We have already proved that we are good dancers. Now we have to be careful as judges and my fans are expecting a lot from us. Everyone makes mistakes, though ours is not so huge. I know we will come back," he says optimistically.

"Sanjeeda was suffering from conjunctivitis and it was affecting me as well. Plus before the show when we were standing at back stage Sanjeeda started vomiting. So we took break for 5 minutes. Then we offered her water but we could not wait for much time. So we performed in that condition only. Audiences were cheering us and they were screaming once more after our performance. I was aware that it was not my best performance. But I was shocked mainly because we got less marks and judges comments," he says.

Speaking about his performance last night, Aamir explains the concept. "It was basically a spastic comedy in which two dacoits started loving each other. We were only carrying the look of north and south. The concept was not north and south. It was the love story of dacoits. We wanted to do experiment. I enjoyed the performance very much. I am sure that my fans have also enjoyed it very much."

"We are not going to change our strategy, which is simple that we are going to enjoy the show and have fun. When you dance from the heart, people can easily connect to you," he adds.

"I am feeling bad that my judges felt bad. Further my audiences are always there with me. This is Nach Baliye so we have to dance but we tried to introduce the humor element in it. But now we are planning do something different from earlier. Now we want to perform more apart from dancing. It is our work to do something different, new and interesting. And even if we will receive hard comments we will still continue to do that," he says confidently.

With the low score of 19 marks in yesterday's episode, let's just hope that Aamir and Sanjeeda continue to remain in the competition to experiment!

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071006_72

Rakhi not amused with Karan-Kavita's act

Last night's ched chad round not only saw the girls poke fun at the boys but also Jodi No 6 – Karan and Kavit mimicked Rakhi by enacting her fight with Mika. And although the judges and other jodis may have laughed at the end of it, Rakhi was less than amused.

But Kavita Kaushik says that they weren't targeting Rakhi and hopes that she would take it in the right sense. "It was Karan's idea. And I think Rakhi should accept our mimicry act as she herself was imitating Mr.Bachchan and Hema Malini so she should be sporting about it. I wanted to make it more interesting but we had just 2 minutes so we had to do it all in a hurry," says Kavita.

So did Rakhi show her annoyance?

"Rakhi was very normal after our performance. In fact she was holding my hands when we were in the danger zone," informs the actress.

"In our country we imitate politicians and actors so Rakhi should not take it seriously. Rakhi's reaction initially was ok but later on she became normal as it was just the part of our act. Even I had planned to wear a wig of long hairs but later on it was irritating me so I just drop that idea, she should not mind it," says Karan.

Even though Karan and Kavita say that Rakhi should be cool about their imitation of the incident, Sawant herself says that she is quite upset at their selection of the night.

"How they can do such act? There were so many topics which they could have matched with the round but they chose my topic only! How do they know how I was feeling at that time and that too they did it in front of everyone. These things always happen to me! People want publicity through me which is very bad as I know Kavita and Karan are my friends and I was shocked," she says honestly.

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071006_68

Krushna & Kashmeera's choreographer hospitalized

Krushna and Kashmeera are in major trouble.

Just as they dug themselves out last night after last week's horrible performance the duo is now dealing with their choreographer, Raju, in a cast! Raju and Shabana were practicing for days trying to get Kashmeera and Krushna Abhishek to perfect their Ched Chaad act for Nach Baliye and this has resulted in a damaged knee for Raju.

"For the last round when we wear rehearsing we had some fight scenes in the song. While showing it to Kashmeera and Krushna I had done it with out knee caps," says Raju, "There is a particular act in the song where Krushna slips on his knee and while showing it to him I got a little pain which I ignored. I think at that time my right knee got dislocated."

Raju has been visiting his doctor to sort out his swollen knee but due to the dislocation the treatment is taking a fair amount of time. "This plaster will remain for 3-4 days but I'll try to go on rehearsals. I won't dance but my assistant and Shabana is going to show them the steps and get practice done," says Raju.

With less than two days before the fourth round is filmed on Monday, October 8th one can only hope that Raju's accident doesn't cause too much damage to Kashmeera and Krushna Abhishek.

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071006_66

Pooja and Hanif come right after Rakhi for Sumeet

Sumeet Nagdev might be the youngest participant of Nach Baliye 3 but that hasn't stopped the 20 year old from winning maximum accolades from judges including the ace choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant. Sumeet lets us in on his success formula.

"See for me involvement is most important. I make sure that I involve Pooja and Hanif in everything at ever step. I let them decide what they should do. Therefore when we do put together the act they do it so well that the choreography stands out as a result," he says matter of fact.

The young lad says that he pulled out his management background – for those who don't know Sumeet is pursuing his Bachelor in Management Studies right now – to ensure he gets maximum success in the competition. "A good choreographer needs to be a good speaker so he can communicate what he wants, he needs to allocate his resources correctly and needs to manage his time perfectly. And that is what we do largely. Right now I am already into the choreography of the fifth round. I lock down on my act quickly and then I just make them practice it again and again and again till they get it perfectly right. I just don't make any changes once I have decided on something… this way there is less confusion for Pooja and Hanif as well," he says.

Sumeet says he is quite happy with the comments he has received from the judges and the public support. "I think one of the reasons why we have been successful is because my fundas are very clear. My job is to satisfy Pooja and Hanif. That's my primary objective. Secondary objective is to satisfy the judges. So therefore I don't worry about what the judges say. You may not agree with it but I think if my jodi is happy with me only then will throw everything they have behind what I am suggesting. And I think that is happening. I work on three factors – Entertainment for the audience, finesse and choreography for the judges and over all performance where I am concerned," he says.

Pooja and Hanif have steadily improved their performances in the competition. Every week the points have gotten higher and the marks better. Last night the duo scored 27 points and is now hoping to get a 30 soon.

"If I say I'm not going for 30 I would be lying! I consider them second best in the competition until now… I think they are the only couple after Rakhi who have maintained their graph. Every performance has been solid. If you look at Rakhi I think she is the best in the competition…and after that I will place Pooja and Hanif!"

Considering the way Pooja and Hanif have performed every week we are sure that the 30 is not far behind!

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Octobe r/News_20071006_63

knumnum thumbnail

A desperate move?

< content=10/08/2007 name=date>
    Karishma Tanna has been roped in for two episodes of Nach Baliye 3. Is it to boost sagging TRPs?

Back to Section Stories Posted On Monday, October 08, 2007

Kavita Shyam

To boost the falling TRPs of Nach Baliye 3, Karishma Tanna has been roped in, to give a solo performance for two episodes. The channel had earlier approached her to participate, but she declined the offer as she claims not to have a baliye (partner).

Says a source, "The fact that the show is unable to grab enough eyeballs with its current list of participants, they are trying to rope in well-known actors."

Karishma Tanna
    Reportedly, Juhi Parmar was also earlier approached to participate but as she did not have a partner, other participants had disagreed with the channel's decision. Hence, she had to opt out of the show. According to the format of the show, the participants have to dance with their partners. 

Even though Karishma is seeing Bappa Lahiri, she still did not take up the offer.

Says Karishma, "Yes, I'm performing for Nach Baliye 3, for two episodes. A few days ago, I got a call from the channel to ask if I would be interested to perform on the show.

They had approached me earlier to participate, but I don't have a partner so I had to refuse."

When contacted, Prem Kamath, Vice president (marketing) of Star India says, "We are yet to confirm this. We have approached few other people for the show."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=2007100820071008025838466ed4e820
    shruti thumbnail

Nach mein dum!

Ace choreographer Saroj Khan plans to come up with her own dance reality show
    Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Vickey Lalwani

Saroj Khan

There was a lot of speculation when Saroj Khan refused to be a part of Nach Baliye 3. Now, it is clear why. She is planning to come up with her own dance reality show. The buzz is that Khan was not interested in doing Nach Baliye 3. She had done two full seasons of the same show and felt that she could pull off something even better.

Says a source, "Saroj is unarguably the best choreographer in Bollywood. Her dance reality show will invariably rock. She has been working very hard on this project."

When contacted, Saroj who was known for her catty remarks in Nach Baliye's last season was reluctant to talk about her new venture. She did not deny that she is set to launch her own dance reality show, but said that she was unable to divulge any details.

The concept of the show is Khan's and it will be telecast on NDTV Entertainment. She said, "I have signed a contract under which I'm bound not to speak a single word about the show until the channel makes a formal announcement from their side."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=2007101020071010025634938dcfb9a0

Code red!
       By: Tushar Joshi
       October 10, 2007

Rakhi Sawant ignores pundit's advice and performs in a red sari

Against advice from her pundit that red is unlucky for her, Rakhi Sawant wore a red sari and performed to Hoton pe bas tera naam hai with beau Abhishek on Nach Baliye 3.

Even though her performance went off smoothly, her wig fell off while she was entertaining the judges after her act.

The why of it

Talking about it, Rakhi says, "I am a manglik. My pundit has advised me not to wear anything red as it's a bad omen. In fact, I won't be able to wear a red joda even on my wedding day. Despite that, I wore a red sari as the song had to be sensuous.

Also, it was a special round called Touch Baliye, where the couples should not lose contact at any point. We were the only couple to keep contact through the entire performance."

Rice is vice

After her act ended, the judges who were impressed with her dance and asked her to do some of her trademark steps.

"When I was doing a move, I realised my wig had come off. I think it's due to the colour red. My pundit's words came true. But I'm am glad it didn't happen during our main performance," she says.

Sawant also adds that she has given up eating rice. "I had kept a mannat after I injured my leg during the previous round. I had asked God to heal my leg and I would give up on rice. Now, I won't be eating rice for rest of my life. I think it's worth the sacrifice I had to make for Nach."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/october/165279.htm

Vikas and Amita ousted
       By: Tushar Joshi
       October 10, 2007

Is the third couple to bow out of Nach Baliye 3

Vikas Sethi and wife Amita have been eliminated from Nach Baliye 3.

Sources reveal Vikas was shocked with the results as he had fared decently in the previous round.

The episode, shot on Monday night, had Shiney Ahuja and Vidya Balan as guest judges rating the jodis.

Vikas and Amita had a rough time early on in the show, when they had to replace their choreographer Khalsa Raj due to his unprofessional behaviour.

A khabroo from the set reveals, "Everyone was shocked with Vikas and Amita's ouster.

Vikas is a good dancer and Amita improved with each round. Even though she struggled initially, she was good in the previous round."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/october/165274.htm