.:::Nach Baliye 3 Articles Corner::. - Page 23

Posted: 16 years ago
Aamir's Top 5

Nach Baliye's third season will end with a sparkling finale on December 22nd. We speak to one of the most popular contestant of NB this season – Aamir Ali – about his top five moments in the competition so far.

Here are Aamir Ali's memorable moments:

No 5: Still to come…
I am waiting for this moment to come in Nach Baliye on 22nd.Let's hope it will come.

No 4: Almost there…
When they announced our name as first finalist of this season… I think it was amazing.

No 3: First time nerves
When I performed for the first time on Nach Baliye I was really nervous at that time.

No 2: Impressing the impressive
It would be the Madhuri Dixit special episode and the compliments which we got that day.

No 1: King Khan meets Mommy Ali
When Shah Rukh came on the sets and my mother got a chance to meet him. I think that was the best moment for me…

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Decemb er/News_20071218_177

Sanjeeda Sheikh's Top 5 NB moments

As Sanjeeda gets ready for the finale on December 22nd, the TV actress picks her top 5 Nach Baliye 3 moments.

No 5: All About Aamir
It is definitely when Aamir performed solo and got 30 marks. He also got good compliments that performance.

No 4: Sanjeeda's Grace
It was when David told me that you should have been in original song radha kaise na jale in Lagaan.

No 3: Father Figure
Will be when David told me that 'I have two sons but I think I would have girl then it would have definitely like to be Sanjeeda.'

No 2: Hit with the Hit
When Vaibhavi complimented me that she wants to choreograph me in a movie.

No 1: Mad about Madhuri
It is surely when Madhuri ma'm told me that she can see her jhalak in me. That was one of the best compliments for me.

http://www.indya.com/nachbaliye3/news.aspx?xfile=2007/Decemb er/News_20071218_179

Edited by *Shruti* - 16 years ago
Sanjeeda-Aamir win keenly fought 'Nach Baliye' final
IANS
Sunday, December 23, 2007 13:17 IST

MUMBAI: After high voltage and exhaustive performances for 13 weeks, small screen's not-so-well-known actors, Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali, have been voted the best dancing couple of 'Nach Baliye 3', defeating the popular drama queen Rakhi Sawant and her partner Abhishek Awasthi.

Thanks to the show, the Sanjeeda-Aamir duo has now become household names.

'Nach Baliye' selects celebrities from the small screen and throws them together in the challenging competition with their real life partners. This year 11 couples participated.

The search for the best dancing couple after Saturday midnight with Sanjeeda-Aamir dancing away with the first prize of Rs.2 million and a car while their choreographers Arun and Chetan won Rs.1 million.

Bollywood heartthrob Salman Khan, who entertained the viewers with his one-liners and did many jigs to his hit numbers, announced the winners and gave away the prizes.

Before naming the winners, Salman made a request, "Please don't cry after the announcement because we have not come to mourn here."

However, Rakhi couldn't keep Salman's request. When the results were announced, the drama queen - touted as the sure shot winner - was visibly shocked and immediately left the stage with her partner. She didn't even stay to take the runners up trophy.

The camera captured her crying and sobbing. Later, talking to a television channel, she alleged that votes had been tampered with and she was included in the show merely as a publicity tool.

Dressed in blue and silver, Sanjeeda and Aamir made a perfect couple. Unlike Rakhi, they maintained their poise and controlled their anxiety before the announcement and excitement after winning the trophy.

The judges, including choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant, director David Dhawan and actress Isha Koppikar, were not complaining at all. They were satisfied with the two finalists' dance technique, choreography and presentation and the final result.

Other 'funny' awards distributed in the grand final round were Haan Ji Haan which went to Kashmira 'Shah-Krishna Bol Baliye was given to the most talkative contestant Pooja Bedi the Mind Blowing couple award went to the hosts Hussain-Tina, Most Damdar Jodi went to Rakhi-Abhishek, Karan-Amita got the Most Mazedar couple award, Shweta-Alex won the most Damdar Jodi trophy, the most Manpasand Jodi award was given to Kavita-Karan.

Sachin and Supriya, the winner of the first 'Nach Baliye', performed for the grand finale and Laughter Champion Ehsaan Qureshi tickled the funny bones of the viewers with his jokes.

source- DNA
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1141055
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1141055&pageid=2

Rakhi in a sorry mess

Channel demands unconditional apology from Rakhi for casting aspersions on Nach Baliye, she however is no mood to reconcile

Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ashwini Deshmukh

Rakhi Sawant and Abhishek
Star Plus hasn't taken Rakhi's allegations, that the final results of Nach Baliye are rigged, too lightly. After Rakhi went to town screaming that she's has been cheated, the channel wants an unconditional and public apology from the item girl. However, Rakhi is in no mood to relent. In fact, she has appointed a lawyer to take up her case.

In a letter to the media Star Plus EVP & GM Keertan Adyanthaya, says, "This jodi (Rakhi Sawant and Abhishek) is using the media for their own nefarious purposes. They are making allegations against Star Plus without any basis or a shred of evidence. It's a ploy for them to remain in the news. They have still not contacted the channel or the producers directly with any issues they have. They are nothing but poor losers, I feel sorry for them. It's a case of sour grapes."

Adyanthaya further adds, "As far as the police case goes, firstly, it is not a case against Star Plus but against some un-known parties who have allegedly voted using some software. The case is based on a newspaper report and not on any rock solid evidence. If the police do decide to investigate, we will co-operate fully with them. But I don't think the police will be misled into investigating such frivolous cases."

Adyanthaya in his letter finally says, "We expect a public, unconditional apology from Mr Awasthi and Ms Sawant."

When contacted, Rakhi reacted rather sharpely, "Why should we apologise to Star Plus? I have appointed a lawyer Anjana Bakshi, who will send a letter to the channel. I too will write a letter to the channel. I don't want their car, money or trophy, all I expect is justice."

She further added, "During the last season also, one jodi (Manav Gohil and Shweta Kawatraa) were involved in a similar controversy. I don't want to malign anyone but the crew members already knew three days before the finale, that Aamir and Sanjeeda were the winners. I respect Salman so I didn't raise my voice on stage.

Rakhi alleges that during the grand finale, a few Star Plus authorities had stepped into her van and declared that she had 'bright chances' of winning. She says, "In fact, Keshav and Anil Jha from Star Plus came to my van just four hours before the results were announced to tell me that my chances of winning were bright, as I had got the highest votes."

Rakhi is yet again disappointed with the letter that Star Plus has sent to sections of the media. She says, "Instead of assuring me that they would investigate and find out the truth about this scandal, they are busy sending these letters. It is ridiculous of them to do so when we are striving for justice."

When quizzed about Rakesh Maria, joint commissioner of police, crime branch says, "I have asked the cyber cell to investigate on a higher level. If the contestants are found guilty, we will definitely take severe action against them."

•  Keshav and Anil Jha from the channel came to my van just four hours before the results were announced to tell me that my chances of winning were bright, as I had got the highest votes.
– Rakhi Sawant 

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200712272007122703341654649180db7

Bach Baliye!

Star Plus flatly refuses to pay the prize money that it owes to Nach Baliye 3 runner-up couple, Rakhi Sawant and Abhishek Awasthi after they maligned the channel's name

Back to Section Stories Posted On Saturday, January 12, 2008

Vickey Lalwani

Rakhi and Abhishek perform at Nach Baliye 3's grand finale

Rakhi Sawant is furious. The item girl has not been paid her runner-up prize of Rs 5 lakh for Nach Baliye 3. The total outstanding amount that is due to Rakhi is Rs 24 lakh, taking into account the money of the earlier rounds that the actress and her beau Abhishek Awasthi performed on.

Rakhi knocked the doors of Star Plus to ask for her money, but the channel is no mood to pay heed to Rakhi's request. The channel has categorically told her that she needs to apologise on the channel for all the fuss she created at the grand finale and the subsequent charges she made against them.

It may be recalled that soon after she and Abhishek lost Nach Baliye 3 to Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh, Rakhi had questioned the show's voting system and said, "There has been tampering of SMSes. Cybercaf?s were hired by the channel to send votes in support their favorite contestants."

Seems, Star Plus is out to avenge the shadow of doubt that Rakhi has cast on their credibility. Our source said, "Star Plus informed Rakhi on Wednesday evening that she will have to publicly apologise for maligning their name. The channel is firm that Rakhi will have to say sorry to them."

Our source added, "Rakhi went mad with rage on reading the letter that Star Plus sent to her. The channel owes nearly Rs 24 lakh to Rakhi. Needless to say, it is a big amount."

However, true to her style, Rakhi is not going to take this lying down.

When contacted, she retorted, "I will not apologise. I will fight this out. I have been insulted. Imagine, they awarded me and Abhishek the Best Dramebaaz Jodi! Would they have given such an award top any other couple? I worked so hard for this show and this is what I get!"

"Star Plus has to pay me Rs 24 lakh. And they need to pay me soon as I need the money. This kind of attitude is not done. This is injustice," added Rakhi.

While Rakhi has her reasons because of which she blames Star Plus, the channel's senior creative director, Anupama Mandloi has her own.

Although Mandloi admits that Star Plus has not yet paid Rakhi her dues, she said, "Look, Rakhi has gone against the spirit of the contract which she had signed with us before Nach Baliye 3 started. She needs to render an unconditional apology for all the false allegations that she has made against us."

When asked if Star Plus will pay Rakhi after she apologises, Mandloi replied, "Yes. After she apologises, we may pay her."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200801122008011202495345320c113c5

When fame hurts...

Under the spotlight all you can see is their grace, poise and fluid movements. And thanks to vast exposure, the sweat, tears and blood that have gone behind that mind-blowing performance are there for all to see.

Whether it is Sandhya Mridul dancing with her feet all strapped up in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2, Prachi Desai who suffered from low BP and a bad back in the same show, Yash Tonk, who had to deal with abdominal pain in Nach Baliye 2 , or Gauri Pradhan , who got a hairline fracture, or Nach Baliye 3 winner Aamir Ali, who injured his knee badly, many stars have hurt themselves during the course of reality dance shows.

Says Aamir, "I suffered a bad knee injury during rehearsals and I had no time to even visit a doctor. Also the fear of what the doctor may advise made me delay the visit. Now the show is over and I am taking acupressure treatment."

No time for health

Unlike films where there is a lot of time in which a dance routine can be mastered, on TV, stars are always fighting against time. Mona Singh explains, "Television is a demanding profession. Being on your toes for 18 to 20 hours takes a toll on your body. After the show I consulted many doctors and got several tests done, but none eased the pain I felt in my knee. Pooja Bedi told me of a doctor who uses acupressure methods and I am now being treated by him."

In an age where fitness regimes and diet plans form an important part of a star's daily routine, it is an irony that these very stars have to put their health at stake for fame and popularity.

While learning to dance is a tough job, mastering it often becomes a laborious exercise. In the course of this, many suffer serious injuries. Says Prachi Desai, winner of a reality dance show, "When I got a wild card entry, I wanted very much to be in the finals. I worked so hard for the show that my routine became erratic and I even suffered from low BP. Would she do things differently if she were to appear again on the show? Prachi says, "My bad health was due to sheer neglect. Looking back I feel that if I had eaten right, exercised right maybe things wouldn't have got so bad." Mona adds, "I wish I had paid more attention to my fitness. It would have held me in better stead today."

Warm-up routine essential

For stars to stay in the pink of health, it is essential that they maintain a warm-up routine. And nobody better to vouch for this than former hockey player Mir Ranjan Negi, who was also part of a dance reality show.

He says, "Being an athlete helped me to a great extent. In fact, I would be rehearsing for 8 to 10 hours a day since I was a novice. But I never suffered an injury because fitness has become a part of my routine. In fact, my choreographer would often complain of aches and pains, but at 50, I never did!"
Choreographer Shiamak Davar explains this phenomenon thus: "A lot of energy goes into every performance. An injury can happen due to various reasons, but with proper guidance and instructions from the choreographer, the risk of injury is minimised. And a choreographer must have full knowledge about the dance moves and a star's capacity. Often it is half-baked knowledge in both these matters that is dangerous and causes injuries."

Diet's the way

Long working hours, weekly shows and lack of attention to fitness are the major reasons as to why stars are prone to such wear and tear, feels fitness expert Leena Mogre, who has been advising TV stars on diet and fitness.

She adds, "Stars should take up fitness as a lifestyle. Only then can they ward off injuries. In fact, I feel male stars are more into fitness compared to their female counterparts, hence they get injured less. A fit body not only ensures physical fitness but also gives one immense mental strength." Shiamak Davar adds, "With stars overworking, stress is a part of their life. However, at the end of the day, these stars must realise that health is wealth."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/W hen_fame_hurts/articleshow/2754633.cms
Aamir can't stop dancing!

Aamir Ali and girlfriend Sanjeeda Sheikh have been flooded with offers to perform at various events, but that's not the only reason Aamir has his dancing shoes on.

The actor is seriously contempolating learning dance. He says that he has developed a liking for dancing through Nach Baliye 3 and would like to learn a few dance forms. Looks like Aamir's going to be dancing for a long time to come.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/A amir_cant_stop_dancing/articleshow/2761741.cms
Dumped Abhishek still answers Rakhi's phone

Item girl Rakhi Sawant may have unceremoniously kicked out her live in boyfriend of over a year, Abhishek Awasthi, out of her home following an argument between the couple but many close to Sawant suggest that this could be yet another ploy of the couple to be in the news.

What else can explain that despite their so-called break up Abhishek is still attending Rakhi's calls?

"They are still very much in touch. They haven't broken up. It's just a publicity stunt," says a source close to Rakhi.

If this is a publicity stunt like many suggest then it will definitely not be the first time that the outspoken Sawant has done something like that.

On being defeated by Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh in Nach Baliye 3 Rakhi walked out of the auditorium and made a big hue and cry deriding her fellow contestants and also took potshots at Ekta Kapoor. She even pulled out of the Balaji Awards where she was expected to perform whereas now surprisingly she is ready to participate in a show produced by the very same Ekta Kapoor.

"She is coming in a reality show produced by Ekta Kapoor. Remember the last time she was in Bigg Boss and all that drama

Before Nach Baliye began as well, Sawant was up to her usual headline grabbing behaviour. Previously having been coy about her various nips and tucks, she was suddenly ready to discuss the various treatments she had undergone on Karan Johar's chat show Koffee with Karan. And it didn't end there!

When she knew she was participating in Nach she went on record in great detail about her previous breast enhancement surgery and the subsequent surgery to remove her breast implants – just so she could dance better!

And last but not the least who can forget the kissa kiss ka with Mika! The item girl played to the gallery by beating down doors of almost all channels and newspapers about how the woman in her had been wronged. And soon thereafter came news that she was going into the Bigg Boss house.

So to believe that this would be yet another publicity would not be far fetched especially when Sawant's own chat show – Arrested by Rakhi – is less than a month away! She was doing about Abhishek. She was seeing Abhishek well before she went in and everyone in the circle knew that!" said the source.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/February/N ews_20080213_117
Posted: 15 years ago
Karishma Kapoor to judge NB4

Actress Karishma Kapoor is said to be one of the judges on Nach Baliye's fourth season which starts next month. Farah Khan has also been locked down while the the hunt for the third judge is still on.

A source from channel confirms that talks were on with the yesteryear hit actress. "It is true that her name has been in discussion In fact two weeks back the meeting was going to take place with her for discussion. After that she has not confirmed as of now. So right now everything is in process." When contacted Wizcraft, the producers of the show, refused to give any details.

Karishma was earlier supposed to judge Chak De's second season along with Raveena Tandon and Salim-Suleiman which failed to materialise and ultimately Sandiip Soparrkar stepped in as the fourth judge.

However if Karishma accepts this show, this will be her second show on television. She was previously a part of a show called Karishma - A Miracle of Destiny.

Lots of television and sport personalities have been approached for NB 4 and last season's winners Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh will be the hosts.

The dance reality show Nach Baliye will be back for the fourth season from October 10th.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Wednesday, September 17, 2008