Harry Potter

Book 6 Release Date announced! (YESSSS!!)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 21 December 2004 at 8:23am | IP Logged

Courtesy: Bloomsbury

Harry Potter publication date announced

J.K. ROWLING'S HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE

TO BE PUBLISHED ON 16th JULY, 2005 IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND SOUTH AFRICA

LONDON, ENGLAND: NEW YORK, NY, USA: 12 noon London, 21st December, 2004

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling, the sixth in the bestselling series, has been scheduled for publication on 16th July, 2005 in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, it was announced today by Bloomsbury and Scholastic, her British and American publishers.  On her website, www.jkrowling.com, J.K. Rowling announced last night that she had completed the book and delivered the manuscript to her two English language publishers. (Guys, I have uploaded the letter below for those who did not have time to work out the clues, because the news is out now anyway!)

In making the joint announcement, Nigel Newton, Chief Executive of Bloomsbury Publishing in the United Kingdom and Barbara Marcus, President of Scholastic Children's Books in the United States, said:  "We are delighted to announce the publication date.  J.K. Rowling has written a brilliant story that will dazzle her fans in a marvellous book that takes the series to yet greater heights.  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince delivers all the excitement and wonder of her bestselling Harry Potter novels." 

In the previous book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the last chapter, titled 'The Second War Begins,' started:

'In a brief statement on Friday night, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He Who Must Not Be Named has returned to this country and is once more active. 

"It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord well, you know who I mean is alive and among us again," said Fudge.'

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince takes up the story of Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at this point as Voldemort's power and followers are increasing day by day, in the midst of this battle of good and evil.

The author has already said that the Half-Blood Prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort.  Intriguingly, the opening chapter of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been brewing in J.K. Rowling's mind for 13 years. 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling's fifth Harry Potter book, was released on 21st June, 2003, and was the fastest-selling book in history on the first weekend of its publication.  All five Harry Potter books, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, as well as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, have all been Number One bestsellers in the United Kingdom, the United States and around the world.

Bloomsbury will be publishing their standard children's hardback edition (ISBN 0747581088) and in addition an adult hardback edition (ISBN 074758110X), (the same text but with a different jacket) at the same time and both editions have a Recommended Retail Price of 16.99.

Sale of the book in all time zones preceding the United Kingdom is embargoed until 00:01 am BST (British Summer Time) on Saturday 16th July, 2005.

OK, Here's the Letter you get once you answer all riddles:

YES! YES! YES! I am SOOOOO Happy! Finally! www.jkrowling.comwww.jkrowling.comSmilewww.jkrowling.comwww.jkrowling.comSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book 6 Release Date announced! (YESSSS!!)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

loveneha_r

Goldie

loveneha_r

Posted: 21 December 2004 at 9:19am | IP Logged
WOW!!! thanks for the awesome information!!!!!! im gonna go and buy it the same day....Big smileBig smile

Who-I-Used-2-Be

IF-Veteran Member

Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Great................Clap I'm so excited.............Finally, we'll have HBP in our hands.....

rabeeak2003

IF-Dazzler

rabeeak2003

Posted: 21 December 2004 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
WOW! mystica thanks for the good news! i can't wait!

-misha

IF-Sizzlerz

-misha

Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
THANX A LOT FOR THE INFO

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:46am | IP Logged
wow!! Thanks for the great news..........well i wonder when it will be available in south asia?

KK_lassi

IF-Veteran Member

KK_lassi

Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Same here choco, i hope it comes soon, But definately excited over its Final Announcement!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top