Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Great topic,
specially for me LOLLOL

However, at this point of time i think we don't take such material as holy grail
rather , we are all ready to debate even those points which are published there.

Originally posted by sareg

Topic of debate here is

What comes first? Research or the ideology?

Sometimes its a research by someone which forces you to research(which may/may not change your ideology),

sometimes its your ideology which forces you into research to just check it out.

Is the research done to prove the ideology and anything contrary to the ideology is ignored?
It shouldn't  be ignored,
but if it is ,
then the other debaters are always there to bring the cases contrary to what you feel
Big smile

how do you sift thru this to find what is the neutral research article?

If you find the views in the article matching what you think , then its neutralLOL

But speaking seriously,in my case, it absolutely depends on how i am thinking at that particular time, or rather if i am able to realise if that article is indeed not neutral.

Sometimes it does happen that the article might not be neutral and highly biased, but if your mind is not aware of that , you might just go about thinking in the wrong direction.

Par fir hamare doosre debaters kis kaam ke hain ?Tongue

Yahi samjhane ke liye to hain ki tum galat soch rahe the ya sahi LOL

Do you while researching for a debate/discussion have this at the back of your mind, that the research you are citing might be biased?

As a matter of fact , yes, but i have faith in fellow debaters that even if i missed something ,

there are others,

jo baal ki khaal nikalge hi chodenge LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Research and ideology (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top