Rules and Regulations
Well this is a kind of a version of rules that aims to give members a general idea about the rules. However if you think you want to read the full version then here is the link to the IF's Code of Conduct of IF . It is recommended that you atleast read the following rules carefully.
Posting a topic.
It should be relevant to the section
Check that a similar topic is not posted before
If you are posting articles from other site, then please bear in mind the copy rights. There are some sites which are directly in competition to IF. Articles from these sites are not allowed on IF. However articles from official channel sites and sites which are not in direct competition with IF are allowed. Please if you do post articles from any such site then make sure you give the link to it as well. If in doubt please contact a Dev team member before posting the article.
Please do not post links to other sites. This is advertising and you will be warned for it.
Please try to use meaningful titles which are related to the post you are making. Bad examples of titles are "baddsg" or any such titles. Good examples are the ones which summarizes the purpose of your title in few words.
- Do not post the same (or similar) topic more than once. Or alternatively do not post your reply to a topic more than once or with excessive number of emotions. This is considered spamming and you will be warned.
In a way this has some overlap with the previous one but still I am trying to separate it.
You should post in a manner that is respectable to others. Flaming or abusing users will not be tolerated. This includes respecting everyone's point of view, opinions, suggestions and ideas. Avoid using offensive or foul language when posting a message. Please maintain a friendly atmosphere and don't create fights or conflicts.
If you are posting to criticize a character's role,(for example what Bhimdev did to Prithvi was
. Or any thing similar) then make sure you are posting a character and do not post abusive comments about the actor.
Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, or very large (or small) text.
Similarly users should not use CAPS as they are considered shouting in internet language or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Both of these are considered as spamming and appropriate actions will be taken.
- Thank you button Please Use it whenever some one posts a useful topic like updating the serial or posting pictures. Please do not post replies saying "tfs" or "Thanks a lot" as these will also be considered spamming.
- Before you post comments in to any topic that is made sticky or announcement PLEASE CHECK THE TITLE and do not post comments if the title clearly says NO COMMENTS. You will receive a warning and your warning level can also be raise.
Do not post topics asking for update either video or written or picture updates
Please have patience as writing an update, uploading a video or taking and posting pictures takes time.
If you are not sure on who will be updating on a particular day then either look into the updated schedule (this will soon be available) or pm any Dev team member of the section
Again use the Thank you button is you wish to thank the member for posting update.
- If you want to have past updates then look into the archive section first (give link). If you cannot find any particular update (written or video) in the archive section then pm any dev team member and we will try to sort it out. However if you find that a video link is not working then the best person to contact is the person who posted the link (not in archive section but in the topic where the link in archive section takes you).
- If you have a query or a request and you pm any member, then please try to be polite and don't use harsh words or words which is indecent or insulting the receiver.
- In addition please pm only once (especially if u r pming a Dev team member with any requests), do not pm more than once and in the second pm saying "I m waiting" or any similar thing. You can however inquire but before doing so please allow some time as there are some times when a member has to discuss that issue with other members or needs time to reply due to some reason
What should I do if I find that a member is violating any of the above written rules or is threatening or using abusive language in his/her pms to me?
Well, firstly do not react or try to take charge but see if any of the DMG Dev team member is online and pm the link to the topic to them(if it is a pm copy the pm and forward it). If there is none of the DMG dev team member online and the matter is urgent then, go to the main page and right at the bottom where there is a list of online members, and see if any of the Global Moderators or Admins are online and pm them. However if the matter is not urgent then pm the DMG Dev team and we will deal with it when we come online. BUT do not attempt to solve it as this may lead you in trouble and may cause the heat to rise.
Penalties.(What if I do not obey the rules)
Please make sure you understand all the rules. Please do not take this lightly as if the rules are broken then :
You will be sent warning pms (in most cases more than 1 pm)by the Dev team, this is the first step to the penalty process.
If you choose to ignore the pms sent to you and not comply to the rules, then your warning level will be raised to 20% (if it was not already 20% otherwise higher and 2nd raise will mean your warning level is at 40%).
This warning will be with you even if you change your username
It can be taken off if you clearly show that you have improved and follow the code of conduct of IF thoroughly for a reasonable time, if then a Dev team member (viewbies or moderators) feels you have improved then they can decrease your warning level. However this requires solid proof of improvement on your behalf.
- 5 such warnings (warning meter at 100%) will mean that you WILL BE BANNED FROM THE SITE. Thus it is serious.
- There is one more thing; in some particular cases direct rise in warning level is possible. For example, typing "Tfs" or "Thanks" or replying with only emotions or typing in caps is against the code of conduct. If the Dev team found any member continuously not following these rules then THEIR WARNING LEVEL WILL BE RAISED straightaway. So please take care that you read the rules very carefully and understand them.
(credits to Pari0706 from PRC section)
Edited by sonali13 - 22 August 2007 at 8:07am