Page 1 of 1

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Pakistan's Razzaq retires from international cricket
AFP
Print

KARACHI, August 20: All-rounder Abdul Razzaq announced his retirement from international cricket on Monday, saying he had taken his decision in protest at his omission from the Pakistan national team.

"I have taken this decision under protest because I am mentally disturbed over the treatment meted out by the selectors who dropped me like a new player," Razzaq told a private television channel from London.

"I will see the response of the selectors and the Pakistan Cricket Board before reviewing my decision because this is taken under protest."

Razzaq, who is in London to sign a short contract with Worcestershire county, was dropped from Pakistan's 15-man squad for next month's inaugural Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa.

The selectors said Razzaq and senior batsman Mohammad Yousuf would be rested - a reason Razzaq said he believed was a pretext for him being dropped from the side.

"I was hurt when they dropped me, and on form and fitness and on my record as an international player, I deserved the benefit" of being treated as a senior player, said Razzaq.

Razzaq also missed the World Cup in the Caribbean earlier this year because of a knee injury.

He has scored 1,146 runs and took 100 wickets in 46 Tests. He made 4,465 runs and took 240 wickets in 231 One-Day Internationals in a career which began in 1995.

Razzaq, who is among eight Pakistani players offered lucrative contracts by a breakaway Indian league, said his decision was not linked to rebel cricket.

"I have not signed any deal with the Indian league but if I get the same treatment from my own people, I might be forced to join the league, but my decision to retire has nothing to do with the Indian league," he said.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pakistanís Razzaq retires from ODIís" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 9:35am | IP Logged
auww... Cry Cry Cry

mini2390

IF-Dazzler

mini2390

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 10:10am | IP Logged
i feel awful Cry ...loved the guy..cant believe it ever since i heard it first thing in the morning! Ouch ..my mouth just dropped open when i heard him on tv today saying that hes fed up with the PCB and has now retired! Cry ..he wont come back now no matter what!..i feel so bad! Cry Cry   Ouch

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Awww... he is a gr8 player... it's so sad that he's retiring from ODI's

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Awwwww... He is such a gud player... I cant believe it... Ouch

farisss4

IF-Dazzler