Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 21 August 2007 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

The fact that these marriages r governed not only by the Indian legal system but also by the far mor complex private international laws involving the legal system of the other country.

Some issues i found the women learn after the marriage tht the husband was already married in the other country to another woman, whom he continued to live with...Confused

@ritu ji....Gr8 View

Thank you Believe. And you can drop the Ji and my name is Rutu and not Ritu. Wink

@bold: I don't think that is limited to NRIs, these betrayals happen even if the person is in close physical proximity. There is this one Gujarati saying which translates as "Crows are black everywhere" which plainly means that there are bad people everywhere. It has nothing to do with NRIs. And, what's the point in this if you are going to live with the old wife anyway? Confused If it was for physical reasons, he can always pay and satisfy himself instead of going through the marriage thing. I fail to understand this behavior. Ouch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is it myth or truth??!!! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 21 August 2007 at 9:44am | IP Logged
There is a lot of truth to this

There are guys who go and get married to someone in India and still carry on with their flings in America. Actually I know of a girl too who did that. Primarily the pressure of the parents is very high on these kids. Indian parents are very good at emotional blackmailing and kids fall prey to that. But then they have their own wishes.

In the meanwhile the life of the spouse gets royally messed up.

However the occurence is exaggerated

There are also cases when a person gets married to someone in America just for the sake of getting out of India (or you might say buying time to get married to someone you really want to get married) and when the Greencard or the citizenship comes thru a divorce is filed.

souro

souro

Posted: 21 August 2007 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by souro

I agree with you, that girl is really intelligent ROFL and at the same time so disgusting.Dead

wht disgusting? even girls can be evil at times. y is it that they have to be only nice and sati savitri?

Confused Did I say that I expect girls to always act sati savitri or that I expect this behaviour only from guys??Confused

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 21 August 2007 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sandya_rao7

I agree with you, that girl is really intelligent ROFL and at the same time so disgusting.Dead

wht disgusting? even girls can be evil at times. y is it that they have to be only nice and sati savitri?

Confused Did I say that I expect girls to always act sati savitri or that I expect this behaviour only from guys??Confused

Dont expect anything thats better.....Actuly what type of behaviour u expect from guysWinkLOL Big smile

@rutu: ok I try to Drop 'Ji'.....if i drop dont try to catch it plzWinkBig smile

Edited by Believe - 21 August 2007 at 11:18pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top