Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 10:35am | IP Logged

Hellloooo dears

Many times in a novel, a particular person stands out to be a hero/heroine because of the way he/she leads or inspires others. There are certain traits that we come to love about the character and name them the hero/heroine of a particular novel!

So who's your favourite character who was so inspiring that could have been named as a hero??? Who do you think was the best hero of all times in all the novels you read?

Do share your thoughts! Thanks!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your favorite fictional character?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Hosanna

Goldie

Hosanna

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 11:13am | IP Logged

Thanks Angel for this new topic.

Well, my favourite character is that old nosey lady Miss Marple of the yesteryear Agatha Christie Mystery series! Most heroines these days are underclad and overdone but good ole Ms Marple has held my interest through the years!

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
angelo "bones" vestieri

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Well i think for me it would sam madison character in all american girl.. She is not a special girl but a girl who believes in her rights and others right and says what she feels...

Nice Topic

~devi~

Goldie

~devi~

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Great post!
omg...i have a lot of those, but if i had to choose....well...for me, it would be Kira from Escape from Memory by Margret Peterson Haddix (lovely book, btw...sooooo touching) because, her character was so strong that even after loosing almost everything, she still will have her-self together and stay strongEmbarrassed

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 7:14am | IP Logged
well yea wonderful post!!!

well 2 people stand out on the list for me...

1. Dumbledore - im telling u after the seenth buk there can be no more complex and yet true charector ever formed in fiction history! He has the perfect amount of pros and cons to his charector and thats wht i like!

2. Scarlett O'Hara - another example of a protagnist! a wonderfullly sketched charector... u dont generally tend toi lyk her a lot u knw... i mean u sort of hate her for hu she is but she is my favorite because she is very well sketched!!! loved her charector mapping

3. Elezabeth Bennet - how can i not love this proud, spirited young woman! hot headed one might call her and a lot impertinant and sticks up for herself a quality in her dat i see in myself! Charming yet can pounce on u at all tyms i think she is my most favorite charector of all times!!!

-dramaholic-

IF-Sizzlerz

-dramaholic-

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged
great post!!

i'd say harry potter..and alex from strom breaker

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 10:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~devi~

Great post!
omg...i have a lot of those, but if i had to choose....well...for me, it would be Kira from Escape from Memory by Margret Peterson Haddix (lovely book, btw...sooooo touching) because, her character was so strong that even after loosing almost everything, she still will have her-self together and stay strongEmbarrassed

I love characters which remain strong.. Bec thats the hardest part of life, yet its reality u have to face!Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top