Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 2:59am | IP Logged

Morever lets also say that Dan's book were much controversial than JK's one's[it's a debate yaar=P]

As a sikh I don't know if what written in the book is the actual truth or not,nor would the chiristans agree with it.But it's also highly undoubtable that his books can draw evereyone's attention!I never wanted to read the book thinking if would sumthin on Leonardo Da Vinci his life and times basically all pages of philosphy!But as soon as I started reading the first page it turned into a complete page turner!A Thrilling book which should be only read in the night!!those breathtaking chases and codes!I could not even think that the clue would actually be newton!The best part was the cryptex..Where nor u can break nor u can cheatingly take it out!You need those Blasting Brains for the clues!Though..I did have a clue that Teabeig would be the master of the evil,but the more shocking part was that the secret shud have been never been revealied!

Now Now,where can we find such unexpected book!Now Doubt it's really the best selling book maybe not only New York,but the whole world!

Also what we have seen for ages we never understood anything.It actually speaks volumes of truth!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate Contest : Round 1! (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

missy6892

Goldie

missy6892

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 3:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by diyafah

Now Now,where can we find such unexpected book!Now Doubt it's really the best selling book maybe not only New York,but the whole world!

You say that it is impossible to find a book to rival "The Da Vinci Code"? Well have you read John Case's "The Genesis Code" or Margaret George's "Mary, Called Magdalene"? These are a few examples of the novels that are like Dan Browns "The Da Vinci Code". The practically have the same concepts, the italian mysteries, the puzzles, the theme of Christianity. They are all book with the same concept with slightly varied ideas. And, please note that these two novels were written and published before Browns "The Da Vinci Code" which was published in 2003, "the Genesis Code" being published in 1997, and "Mary, called Magdolene" in 2002. Taking this into account, could Dan Brown be accused of plaguarism?

J K Rowling's "Harry Potter" series is however, completely unique and original. Many have tried to find rivals but they have all failed to find one. No one can disagree with the fact that JKR is truely unique and no matter how hard you try you will never be able to find a book to rival her. 

Also what we have seen for ages we never understood anything.It actually speaks volumes of truth!

Well, what proof do you have that the book holds the truth?? "The Da Vinci Code" is novel so it is a book based on fiction. The artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals depicted in this novel all exist (for example, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, the Gnostic Gospels, Hieros Gamos, etc.). But the character's actions and discovery's are obviously not real. And if they were real, we would have discovered the secrets of the Holy Grail long ago and a lot of the Historians whose work is based on this would be all out of their jobs.

NOTE: The blue statement was found from a different sourse to myself!!                

Well quys I have argues enought for tady, it is nearing midnoght and i best be off to bed!! Teammates please carry on from where I left off!!

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 4:50am | IP Logged

Thanx Missy for pointing out few issues!=D

First of all on the religion:You said that writers make religion as a subject of imagination to boost their sales and lucrative profit!Basically make money through religion!Allright if that true why did some chrisitans support Dan?Can you give any evidence for that?Do u call them as Anti Chiristains who are against the religion!All right why is the book a Best Seller book?Can't the critics just rip the book of thinking its a fake book and fake books should not be encouraged..There would be a specific reason for it!My dear,Whenever anything comes to religion,no one can support the false reasons.Being the best seller book of new york,is it only because of the fictious character indulged into a shocking truth...Wht made the book hit?It was a controversial but let me tell you something no one likes religion entertainemnt.No likes religion to be treated as a lesiure or a past time.It could be then when Dan could be actually severely punished for his cruel act..Why not?I don't think the book is hit only because its entertainment!My Friend being a chrisitan told me there might be some truth in the book we are still uncertain,being a christian itself if she's saying that can you label her as chrisitian who's not supporting her own religion?!

Moving From the Da Vinci Code:His Other 3 books spoke of something we could'nt even thing.It actually showed in digital Fortress that how can Technology change your live actually devast you!It actually gave a clear and an inner picture of reality.

for more Reviews http://www.danbrown.com/novels/digital_fortress/reviews.html

Now coming back to the debate for JK..Though she's my another Fav writer,but a debate is a debate!She created a magical book?Does magic actually exsist?Do tell me..ah..friendship,truth and courage is not everything!Is'nt then that a fake then?Something which does'nt exsist then why should we believe it!Some parents even accused that their children are dipping down the novel and trying to get the magical stuff..They are desperate to learn magic to the core?Now wht has JK Created then?Your saying that Putting a book and historians claiming that it's not the truth,then what about JK then,is that the truth then?

Now if ur saying Da vinci's real depth story is a fake then why did he mention the name of Nicolas Famel,that he's there in the Secret Society of Priory of Sion?!if u say that Da has dragged big and shocking names in the book then wht has JK done then?Why will a person put A famous Alchemist into as the 8th Grandmaster of the Secret Society?

Ok leaving that you need guts well will power to put Jesus into a book and selling it off!Now I don't think even the worst criminal would do is..Do you mean to say he had no faith in the son of the god that's why he wrote his name of?

and Still you think Dan has created a total "SIN" Book,Then check this out

http://www.danbrown.com/novels/davinci_code/faqs.html

Allright I will wait for me team mates here common guys,please debate yaar..an intro for Dan is not enough!LOL

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by missy6892

[QUOTE=diyafah]

You say that it is impossible to find a book to rival "The Da Vinci Code"? Well have you read John Case's "The Genesis Code" or Margaret George's "Mary, Called Magdalene"? These are a few examples of the novels that are like Dan Browns "The Da Vinci Code". The practically have the same concepts, the italian mysteries, the puzzles, the theme of Christianity. They are all book with the same concept with slightly varied ideas. And, please note that these two novels were written and published before Browns "The Da Vinci Code" which was published in 2003, "the Genesis Code" being published in 1997, and "Mary, called Magdolene" in 2002. Taking this into account, could Dan Brown be accused of plaguarism?

[Plagiarism means

the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work. (www.dictionary.com)]

Authors Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh all have sued Brown for Plagiarism. And all claims have been rejected by the High Court judge Peter Smith. more info found here: http://www.thebookstandard.com/bookstandard/news/author/arti cle_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002313660

So the question of Plagiarism is lifted, as it was proven by the court with acutal facts and events that all claims are false.

J K Rowling's "Harry Potter" series is however, completely unique and original. Many have tried to find rivals but they have all failed to find one. No one can disagree with the fact that JKR is truely unique and no matter how hard you try you will never be able to find a book to rival her. 

Harry potter is unique on its own just like the Da Vinci Code. But since we are recommading the book-a-likes. here is a list of more than 50 harry-a-likes books. http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=News&template=/C ontentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=97082

now thts definately unique LOL

Well, what proof do you have that the book holds the truth?? "The Da Vinci Code" is novel so it is a book based on fiction. The artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals depicted in this novel all exist (for example, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, the Gnostic Gospels, Hieros Gamos, etc.). But the character's actions and discovery's are obviously not real. And if they were real, we would have discovered the secrets of the Holy Grail long ago and a lot of the Historians whose work is based on this would be all out of their jobs.

When you pick up a novel, you know everything you read is not true. Books are merely a source of enjoyment. They are not suppose to tell you the secrets, the facts, the lies of the real world. Da Vinci Code is just that. It just some cooked up story from the rumors that has been around for centuries. So no one is trying to prove Da Vinci Code is the new Bible.

Like Anureet said, its not the best thing to say Da Vinci Code is completely fictional when you have a book like JRK's Harry Potter which is based on magical beings. LOL

NOTE: The blue statement was found from a different sourse to myself!!                

Edited by madsoul0226 - 20 August 2007 at 9:08am

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Hello people! I am on the JK Rowling team and boy, am I proud to support her?! Embarrassed Big smile

I like Dan Brown too but, he has some short comings which I realised after a while. And he can't be compared to JKR in my book!

What I love about JKR is her ability to tell her tale and tell it so convincingly, that you actually begin to believe in it...and not only believe..to live the experience! Big smile Her imagination is the greatest, ever!

There is also a fresh feel to her novels...something new and unique...whether its her way of creating mysteries, creating adventure or maybe just show such a delightful insight into the human character, its many quirks and oddities, its many flaws and vulnerabilities, its many strengths and hopes....

Or the way she weaves in so many stories into the main canvass i.e her books, as if from a magic weaver.

Most of all, her novels deal with the human spirit...and all the principal conflicts and themes in the novels stem from that. She weaves in the conflict of morality and choice....yes choice has always been such an important theme in her novels...choices..and how they define your future...and your very being...

There are plenty of things to say about her, magic, not the least but that is for tomorrow. It's 2 AM!

missy6892

Goldie

missy6892

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madsoul0226

Originally posted by missy6892

[QUOTE=diyafah]

[Plagiarism means

the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work. (www.dictionary.com)]

Authors Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh all have sued Brown for Plagiarism. And all claims have been rejected by the High Court judge Peter Smith. more info found here: http://www.thebookstandard.com/bookstandard/news/author/arti cle_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002313660

So the question of Plagiarism is lifted, as it was proven by the court with acutal facts and events that all claims are false.

Sure, the cases were lifted, and your point is proven, but we have to think, why would other authors accuse Brown for plagiarism in the first place if they didnt have a point to prove?

Harry potter is unique on its own just like the Da Vinci Code. But since we are recommading the book-a-likes. here is a list of more than 50 harry-a-likes books. http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=News&template=/C ontentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=97082

now thts definately unique LOL

Oh yes, "A series of Unfortunate events" and "Artemis Fowl" are soooooo similar to Harry Potter arent they!! <Sarcasm>

Those are merely books which have a theme of magic and are recommended if you like Harry Potter.

When you pick up a novel, you know everything you read is not true. Books are merely a source of enjoyment. They are not suppose to tell you the secrets, the facts, the lies of the real world. Da Vinci Code is just that. It just some cooked up story from the rumors that has been around for centuries. So no one is trying to prove Da Vinci Code is the new Bible.

True, you just proved my very point there!! Were you just agreeing with me, against you partner Diyafah (Anu) there, seeing as it is a debate??

Like Anureet said, its not the best thing to say Da Vinci Code is completely fictional when you have a book like JRK's Harry Potter which is based on magical beings. LOL

Well I would say that it is safe to say that the plot of Da Vinci Code is fictional as I did not ever say that HArry Potter is a factual book.

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Posted: 24 August 2007 at 3:33am | IP Logged
people heard of MAHABHARATHA right? Well if you guys have read it you would all surely agree with me that the intricacy and the details in it is mind blowing.. how each and every charector and a sub charector has a seperate story to themselves and that brings in more and more charectors widening the horizon of the story...

WHy I'm talking bout mahabharatha here is because it is one of the greatest epics in the world... and well I can see the semblance to Harry Potter by JKR...

Every charector she writes has a history and a story, every charector has a background, every incident has a meaning, every word has some significance...

when i read harry potter what struck me was the intricacy of the story... how much importance she gives to the tiniest of details and how well thought out it is...

I am a dan brown fan nevertheless but for the sake of the debate here I am argueing against him...

Well Dan brown also has the intricacy... an amazing amout of it and he has the style of writing a mystery/thriller no doubt... but one that sets him apart from JKR is that his books are based on facts./ Its an accumalation of facts and reality stuff which he has converted into a book to voice his opinions....

wheras every single thing in HARRY POTTER is a fragment of JKRs imagination... sure there are many books lyk HP... but they werent as famous were they? and that has a reason doesnt it? And that is her way of writing... she has an amazing way with her words and that combined with her unequalled imagination is what creats magic - LITERALLY!

I dont mean to put anyopne down here but well Dan brown states the facts whereas JKR tells a tale... and thats what sets JKR apart form other writers!

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 24 August 2007 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Important Notice:

It is very important for all the members of the debate contest to show up or it can cost your team points. This debate is going to come to an end on 1st September, on which we will close this topic. So you had two weeks to debate. 1 week has passed. Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top