Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diyafah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Thanx Missy for pointing out few issues!=D

First of all on the religion:You said that writers make religion as a subject of imagination to boost their sales and lucrative profit!Basically make money through religion!Allright if that true why did some chrisitans support Dan?Can you give any evidence for that?Do u call them as Anti Chiristains who are against the religion!All right why is the book a Best Seller book?Can't the critics just rip the book of thinking its a fake book and fake books should not be encouraged..There would be a specific reason for it!My dear,Whenever anything comes to religion,no one can support the false reasons.Being the best seller book of new york,is it only because of the fictious character indulged into a shocking truth...Wht made the book hit?It was a controversial but let me tell you something no one likes religion entertainemnt.No likes religion to be treated as a lesiure or a past time.It could be then when Dan could be actually severely punished for his cruel act..Why not?I don't think the book is hit only because its entertainment!My Friend being a chrisitan told me there might be some truth in the book we are still uncertain,being a christian itself if she's saying that can you label her as chrisitian who's not supporting her own religion?!

Moving From the Da Vinci Code:His Other 3 books spoke of something we could'nt even thing.It actually showed in digital Fortress that how can Technology change your live actually devast you!It actually gave a clear and an inner picture of reality.

for more Reviews http://www.danbrown.com/novels/digital_fortress/reviews.html

Now coming back to the debate for JK..Though she's my another Fav writer,but a debate is a debate!She created a magical book?Does magic actually exsist?Do tell me..ah..friendship,truth and courage is not everything!Is'nt then that a fake then?Something which does'nt exsist then why should we believe it!Some parents even accused that their children are dipping down the novel and trying to get the magical stuff..They are desperate to learn magic to the core?Now wht has JK Created then?Your saying that Putting a book and historians claiming that it's not the truth,then what about JK then,is that the truth then?

Now if ur saying Da vinci's real depth story is a fake then why did he mention the name of Nicolas Famel,that he's there in the Secret Society of Priory of Sion?!if u say that Da has dragged big and shocking names in the book then wht has JK done then?Why will a person put A famous Alchemist into as the 8th Grandmaster of the Secret Society?

Ok leaving that you need guts well will power to put Jesus into a book and selling it off!Now I don't think even the worst criminal would do is..Do you mean to say he had no faith in the son of the god that's why he wrote his name of?

and Still you think Dan has created a total "SIN" Book,Then check this out

http://www.danbrown.com/novels/davinci_code/faqs.html

Allright I will wait for me team mates here common guys,please debate yaar..an intro for Dan is not enough!πŸ˜†

madsoul0226 thumbnail
Originally posted by: missy6892

Edited by madsoul0226 - 16 years ago

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hello people! I am on the JK Rowling team and boy, am I proud to support her?! 😳 πŸ˜ƒ

I like Dan Brown too but, he has some short comings which I realised after a while. And he can't be compared to JKR in my book!

What I love about JKR is her ability to tell her tale and tell it so convincingly, that you actually begin to believe in it...and not only believe..to live the experience! πŸ˜ƒ Her imagination is the greatest, ever!

There is also a fresh feel to her novels...something new and unique...whether its her way of creating mysteries, creating adventure or maybe just show such a delightful insight into the human character, its many quirks and oddities, its many flaws and vulnerabilities, its many strengths and hopes....

Or the way she weaves in so many stories into the main canvass i.e her books, as if from a magic weaver.

Most of all, her novels deal with the human spirit...and all the principal conflicts and themes in the novels stem from that. She weaves in the conflict of morality and choice....yes choice has always been such an important theme in her novels...choices..and how they define your future...and your very being...

There are plenty of things to say about her, magic, not the least but that is for tomorrow. It's 2 AM!
missy6892 thumbnail
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
people heard of MAHABHARATHA right? Well if you guys have read it you would all surely agree with me that the intricacy and the details in it is mind blowing.. how each and every charector and a sub charector has a seperate story to themselves and that brings in more and more charectors widening the horizon of the story...

WHy I'm talking bout mahabharatha here is because it is one of the greatest epics in the world... and well I can see the semblance to Harry Potter by JKR...

Every charector she writes has a history and a story, every charector has a background, every incident has a meaning, every word has some significance...

when i read harry potter what struck me was the intricacy of the story... how much importance she gives to the tiniest of details and how well thought out it is...

I am a dan brown fan nevertheless but for the sake of the debate here I am argueing against him...

Well Dan brown also has the intricacy... an amazing amout of it and he has the style of writing a mystery/thriller no doubt... but one that sets him apart from JKR is that his books are based on facts./ Its an accumalation of facts and reality stuff which he has converted into a book to voice his opinions....

wheras every single thing in HARRY POTTER is a fragment of JKRs imagination... sure there are many books lyk HP... but they werent as famous were they? and that has a reason doesnt it? And that is her way of writing... she has an amazing way with her words and that combined with her unequalled imagination is what creats magic - LITERALLY!

I dont mean to put anyopne down here but well Dan brown states the facts whereas JKR tells a tale... and thats what sets JKR apart form other writers!
cool_pooja thumbnail
Important Notice:

It is very important for all the members of the debate contest to show up or it can cost your team points. This debate is going to come to an end on 1st September, on which we will close this topic. So you had two weeks to debate. 1 week has passed. 😊
mellisai thumbnail
Hello everyone! Sorry for joing the debate late... Well, both JK and Dan are my fav. authors, but this is a debate and I have to say good things about JK and negavtive things about Dan! So here goes... 

Originally posted by: jasunap

And if all that wasn't enough, in March 2005, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, head of doctrinal orthodoxy for the Vatican, issued an official statement on behalf of the Catholic Church, calling the novel "a sack full of lies" and urging Christians not to read it. [/quote]
Jas, I don't think that the book is full of lies, but there are many facts in the book which aren't true and few which are true... and I think that is the reason why Cardinal Bertone said that novel "a full of lies" because there are more facts which are untrue , then true! If you don't believe that my statement is true, then please read the articles in the link given below!

Link:- http://www.newmediaministries.org/DaVinciCode/DaVinciCode_Se ction_S.html

But he has created something which has never happened before or lets say not proven well as the some of the facts he used in his books are made up and some facts are ignored... why did he ignore those facts and made some up? 

---
SriπŸ˜‰ 

madsoul0226 thumbnail

But he has created something which has never happened before or lets say not proven well as the some of the facts he used in his books are made up and some facts are ignored... why did he ignore those facts and made some up?

---
Sri

well, Dan Brown is merely presenting a story just like JRK. Both are fictional writers. The only difference is Brown uses events in real life to fabricate his plots.

Meanwhile, The debate is about who is the best author. its not abt if the Da Vinci Code is is a non-fictional book or not. We know its a fictional book! Dan Brown himself in an interview answers ur questions.

"HOW MUCH OF THIS NOVEL IS TRUE?
The Da Vinci Code is a novel and therefore a work of fiction. While the book's characters and their actions are obviously not real, the artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals depicted in this novel all exist (for example, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, the Gnostic Gospels, Hieros Gamos, etc.). These real elements are interpreted and debated by fictional characters. While it is my belief that some of the theories discussed by these characters may have merit, each individual reader must explore these characters' viewpoints and come to his or her own interpretations. My hope in writing this novel was that the story would serve as a catalyst and a springboard for people to discuss the important topics of faith, religion, and history.

BUT DOESN'T THE NOVEL'S "FACT" PAGE CLAIM THAT EVERY SINGLE WORD IN THIS NOVEL IS HISTORICAL FACT?
If you read the "FACT" page, you will see it clearly states that the documents, rituals, organization, artwork, and architecture in the novel all exist. The "FACT" page makes no statement whatsoever about any of the ancient theories discussed by fictional characters. Interpreting those ideas is left to the reader."
[ From http://www.danbrown.com/novels/davinci_code/faqs.html]

Edited by madsoul0226 - 16 years ago
madsoul0226 thumbnail
SujalkiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

* Viewbie's note: Nobody except for the Participants and Book Talk Dev team are allowed to post during the debate. For any details regarding the debate or any other problem, please pm me (cool_pooja) or any other dev team member of Book Talk.*

Edited by cool_pooja - 16 years ago