Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 18 August 2007 at 8:02am | IP Logged

Finally, finally and finally we are starting our debate contest!Big smile

The first round is between the teams of JK Rowling and Dan Brown. The competeting teams are as following:

JK Rowling:

missy6892

~Sirius*Ysh~

~*Thamizhan*~

xMarauderx

Dan Brown:

Diyafah

madsoul0226

jasunap

erier101

The Judges for the our Round 1 are:

Minali, Yuks, Shailee and KripAngad-Kyph

The Guidlines for the Debate Contest, the rules and the marking criteria are as follows:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=704049

Even you want to be part of this exciting debate?Wink

You can still sign-up for Meg Cabot and Sidney Sheldon in this link:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=681951

And now teams start debating and make your author No.1!Big smile The opening statment both the teams should be made ASAP

Book Talk. Dev Team

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate Contest : Round 1!" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 18 August 2007 at 8:28am | IP Logged

All Right I am here!!First of all Hello I am Anureet.I just Lovee reading books it's my fav hobby and pasion too!

My Fav Author is JK and Dan!But JK's Team was full so eventually I went on to the Dan's Team.

I will Wait for my Team mates to come here Big smile

I salute Dan for his immense creativity!He really has the power to write the book which may raise many eyebrows!The Subject of the book was a huge controversy but it proved to be a HIT!

The subject of each of his 4 books were awesome and unique!Though I wish There would be an another part for The Da Vinci code!

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

Would be waiting for the opposition team members!Big smile

Dark Love

IF-Rockerz

Dark Love

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Heyy, Anureet, Madiha here Embarrassed Dan Brown team pride Wink Embarrassed I love both authors as well, and JKR was full so I stuck with DB, boy this is gonna be tough because I love both authors. I have only read, "Deception Point" and "Da Vinci Code" but both blew me away. They were awesome!! Waiting to debate with the opposition team Embarrassed

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 3:11am | IP Logged
cool its started... will take part Embarrassed... well eya considering im on the team... well actually this is gonna be one strong debate! JKR vs Dan! my 2 role models.... ok lets rock it!!!

-Nightmares-

-Nightmares-

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 3:35am | IP Logged

*Viewbie's note: No other comments should be posted during the debate contest unless and untill you are in one of the teams.*

Edited by cool_pooja - 19 August 2007 at 4:14am

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
hey team!!
[sorry for the delay, i was out of town]
so here we are! Big smile

I asked myself what makes a good author, a best author. Well, my opinion on that is a good author writes wonderful stories by bringing us to a different world. But to be the best author, they have to create an idea in the readers mind. They spur tons of thoughts and force us to question our world. And when I think of an author like that, I think of Dan Brown. With his best selling novel --The Da Vinci Code, Brown promotes a lot of debates on faith, religion and history. The book is translated and published in 40 different languagues. That, itself, tells one how influential Browns ideas are. He was recently named the World's 100 Most Influential People by TIME Magazine.
His other books, Digital Fortress, Deception Point, and Angels and Demons are also best sellers.

[i will add more later on]
go Dan Brown Team =]
Big smile

Dark Love

IF-Rockerz

Dark Love

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Woot! Lets start debating LOL Embarrassed

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Dan Brown… Whether you loved it or hated it, chances are you read The DaVinci Code, and probably even own your own copy. If you haven't read it, you've probably seen the movie starring Tom Hanks and Sir Ian McKellen. And you've probably heard the name of the novel's author, Dan Brown, mentioned in the newsa zillion times.   What can one say about the author, whose book is a cult hit, having sold over 25 million copies in 44 languages? It reached No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list on April 6, 2003, and has stayed on the list for 103 straight weeks half at the No. 1 position (and never below No. 5). As a consequence, Brown's three other novels have now sold over 7 million copies, earning him an estimated $50 million in the last two years.    MUCH HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN decoding, deconstructing, and debunking Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, including Tim Callahan's critical review in SKEPTIC. At least 20 other non-fiction books have now been published by other authors in response, promising to help readers "decode" it in some way. And if all that wasn't enough, in March 2005, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, head of doctrinal orthodoxy for the Vatican, issued an official statement on behalf of the Catholic Church, calling the novel "a sack full of lies" and urging Christians not to read it.

The Da Vinci Code is striking in the way the fictional plot is woven into several other intriguing historical plots. References to actual historical figures such as Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Constantine the Great, and Leonardo da Vinci have prompted scholars to write articles and books responding to claims about them made by the fictional Saunire, Langdon, and Teabing. References to existing locations such as the Louvre and Rosslyn Chapel have generated so much interest that tour guides developed the "Da Vinci route". A novel that seems to be creating history…

Edited by jasunap - 20 August 2007 at 1:45am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top