Debate Mansion

Emotional outbreak at work not cool? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

nerdynerd

Goldie

nerdynerd

Posted: 19 August 2007 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Debate - Display of personal emotions in public while performing a professional job is a positive or a negative trait? Again I mean emotions not just crying.

Well, it all depends on what and where you are working. In every profession, all that matters is that you get your job. Even if it means being emotionally involved. If the person is getting emotional but is able to handle the job then it's fine. If otherwise, then maybe they should rethink about how to handle tough situations.

1. If someone from your team cries on failures, would you ever assign the same individual with similar tasks?
Well, again it all depends on what the task is. We are all human and failure is not something that anyone enjoys. But in a job, I think failure shouldn't even be given a chance. If something goes wrong, the person should have the ability to work on it and make it right. I don't have much work experience but looking at school. I hate it when someone in group projects cry because they can't handle the work. And even in everyday things, some people are not able to handle stress. But they need to learn sooner. Because in jobs everyone should be able to handle it quite well; showing emotions and handling stress should be two different things.

2. Will you personally express emotional in professional environment?
I don't tend to show more emotions that are needed at places that I don't feel are accepetable. I can tell my friends if I find something, but I wouldn't start crying in front of my employer about it. You reduce your own value that way. But then again it all depends on the job that you have. For someone in sports, like you said that can be a pretty big defeat and heart-wrenching. They work hard all year and within few minutes all that hard work goes downhill; it can be pretty stressing and nerve-recking.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Emotional outbreak at work not cool? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Well said on no.1

2. Will you personally express emotional in professional environment? Arrey! Yaar! Every action has its reaction...its matter of Law of conservation of emotionsWinkTongueLOL......When I get angry I work more...When I feel sad I work more...When I'm extemely happy i work more....so no problem to myfolks when I'm emotional....LOL.......But I secretly display that anger,frustation on my family members and friends !!!

LOLLOL I wish you worked hardest when angry, would have been perfect to work with then LOLlols - kiddin here.

When I'm not emotional I donot work Tongue and I donot get emotional easily.....now you decide if I'm a good team member to work TongueLOL

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 6:17pm | IP Logged

Every individual have level of emotional expression within oneself that is involuntarily expressed depending on situations.

Debate - Display of personal emotions in public while performing a professional job is a positive or a negative trait? Again I mean emotions not just crying.

Other questions:

1. If someone from your team cries on failures, would you ever assign the same individual with similar tasks?

Never. Unless one is in public eye like a celebrity, crying in a professional setup is waste of time2. Will you personally express emotional in professional environment? Nope.. I don't know how SRGMP or Indian Idol contestants can cry at a drop of a hat. Confused

3. Sorry this is only for folks who saw Movie Miracle In movie "Miracle" those of whom seen it, at  the end when Coaches team wins, he is straight faced in public even though it was his biggest achievement, was expression less, in between he sneak out in a quiet place and jumps / celebrates his triumph. Any reason why?? Being humble maybe? Embarrassed

There was a debate about keeping personal and professional lives seperate and I feel crying is very personal.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by raunaq

@ gauri, i dont think crying in shower is the best solution becoz then you dont know which one is water and which one are tears Confused Confused Confused

LOLLOL you are so cute raunaqwa.  that exactly is the intent.  no one else can figure out your are crying or just taking a shower and at the end of it, red eyes can always be blamed at soap in the eye accidentSmile  i don't like crying in front of others...no matter how sad/hurt I amSmile

Gauri ..lolz.. That famous shower scene from horror movie comes to mind..LOL  Waisey bhi bathroom door bandh ho to kuch bhi karlo , kisiko kya pata chalega..Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top