Debate Mansion

Emotional outbreak at work not cool?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Every individual have level of emotional expression within oneself that is involuntarily expressed depending on situations.

For example individuals cry when some task assigned fails or they feel helpless at some point in a task.

Remember Kambli bursted in tears when he saw India loosing in calcutta. Two ways to look at : 1. Signs of a week person, never assign challenging tasks. 2. Was so involved and this expression shows how much ownership/belonging he had and couldn't take India Loosing. This was just an example. Other things to think about what kind on character portrayal would President Bush do, if he cries in public for a bad decision he made? All for crying but basically I mean here

Debate - Display of personal emotions in public while performing a professional job is a positive or a negative trait? Again I mean emotions not just crying.

Other questions:

1. If someone from your team cries on failures, would you ever assign the same individual with similar tasks?

2. Will you personally express emotional in professional environment?

3. Sorry this is only for folks who saw Movie Miracle – In movie "Miracle" those of whom seen it, at  the end when Coaches team wins, he is straight faced in public even though it was his biggest achievement, was expression less, in between he sneak out in a quiet place and jumps / celebrates his triumph. Any reason why??

Apologize if this or similar topic has been discussed, feel free to close it mods. Happy Weekend folks!!

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: raj5000

Every individual have level of emotional expression within oneself that is involuntarily expressed depending on situations.

For example individuals cry when some task assigned fails or they feel helpless at some point in a task.

Remember Kambli bursted in tears when he saw India loosing in calcutta. Two ways to look at : 1. Signs of a week person, never assign challenging tasks. 2. Was so involved and this expression shows how much ownership/belonging he had and couldn't take India Loosing. This was just an example. Other things to think about what kind on character portrayal would President Bush do, if he cries in public for a bad decision he made? All for crying but basically I mean here

Debate - Display of personal emotions in public while performing a professional job is a positive or a negative trait? Again I mean emotions not just crying.

Other questions:

1. If someone from your team cries on failures, would you ever assign the same individual with similar tasks?

3. Sorry this is only for folks who saw Movie Miracle – In movie "Miracle" those of whom seen it, at  the end when Coaches team wins, he is straight faced in public even though it was his biggest achievement, was expression less, in between he sneak out in a quiet place and jumps / celebrates his triumph. Any reason why??

Apologize if this or similar topic has been discussed, feel free to close it mods. Happy Weekend folks!!

naak saaf karne key liye roomal diya na?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Personally, I don't like displaying emotions at work in case something goes wrong.  I just collect my self, roll up my sleeves, and get back to work again till I get it right.  waisey, i seldom screw up at work😊

Other questions:

it's okay for them to cry if that's how they react to hurdles/problems/failures.  not that I approve of it...but everyone is different.  i'll be there for them for guidance.   rest depends on their attitude.  if they think that particular task is undoable...there's little i can do to change that mindset.  all depends on their mindset and ability to meet challenges head on.

already answered...nope.  i praise my team when they do a good job but do not cry or sulk if things are not going as planned.  crying/sulking never fixes anything anyways.

Morning_Dew thumbnail

Once in a blue moon under immense pressure .. it is ok .. and I would take it a natural reaction .

Other questions:

everyone is different ... depend upon their overall performance if they are otherwise good workers as a team as well as fully efficient on their part .. I would rather keep them .. every one has a style of handling stresses or failure.

well, in my feild the more you are normal the more you are able to get the best out of your job and I feel emotions are part of normal attitude ..so expression of emotions in right place is infact needed or part of job you can say 😊 but yes for major decision making .. have to keep emotions aside

sareg thumbnail

Other questions:

Never as long as I am the decision maker

Generally take a stroll rather than express emotions

Sports it is different, you have to maintain a balance between being emotional and not showing up your opponent, you know yourself well, if you cannot control it, you rather be emotionless in front of the public but he jumping up and down in privacy. If you show up your opponent, it can either fire up your opponent or can be a cause of retribution next time around

See a Micheal Jordan or a Wayne Gretzky or a Derek Jeter or a Mariano Riveira or a Sachin Tendulkar and in contrast see a Magic Johnson or a Curt Schilling or a Ricky Pointing

The reason why I said it is different in sports

There was a baseball game, I think a couple years ago, A player hit a homerun off a pitcher, and then stood at the plate for a couple of seconds admiring what a great shot he hit, the next guy who came up to the hit, had a 90 mph fastball coming at his head

Edited by sareg - 16 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Its definetly an irritating trait whether you are a Manager or a ordinary team member....emotions in work immaterial of the nature of the work are not entertainable😊

Other questions:

Depends.....repeated acts are not entertainable..but we need to remember that its humans who can display the emotions perfectly...so within limits its ok!but beyond limits..its irking..😊

2. Will you personally express emotional in professional environment? Arrey! Yaar! Every action has its reaction...its matter of Law of conservation of emotionsπŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜†......When I get angry I work more...When I feel sad I work more...When I'm extemely happy i work more....so no problem to myfolks when I'm emotional....πŸ˜†.......But I secretly display that anger,frustation on my family members and friends !!!

Arrey Raj ji!so do you want to come back and close the topic by saying "No chatting! People will display their emotions as they want and I see nothing to debate here..so closing the topic"πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

chatbuster thumbnail
except under extreme or tragic circumstances, i think emotional outbreaks are seldom cool anywhere, whether at home or at the workplace. it becomes a habit very easily that replaces more effective ways of dealing with situations. 😊

Originally posted by: chatbuster

except under extreme or tragic circumstances, i think emotional outbreaks are seldom cool anywhere, whether at home or at the workplace. it becomes a habit very easily that replaces more effective ways of dealing with situations. 😊

I think home is fine if you lock yourself up in a room and cry your heart out....or just wait for everyone to be asleep and then cry yourself to sleep...bestest approach is cry in the shower.  kisi ko kaanon kaan bhanak tak naheen lagtee😊  naheen toh klaisey deal kareyngey life key saath. 

i don't like people who use tears as a tool to get their way.  that's something I absolutely loathe.  but can't keep everything bottled up as well.  kahin toh release chahiye na😊  exercise works quite well too to let it all out and gain a decent body in returnπŸ˜ƒ 

hahaha  now i sound like i am an expert in dealing with distress 101πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ chalo, physics, chem, bio na sahee yeh hee sahiπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Edited by Gauri_3 - 16 years ago
raunaq thumbnail
@ gauri, i dont think crying in shower is the best solution becoz then you dont know which one is water and which one are tears πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•
Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago

Originally posted by: raunaq

@ gauri, i dont think crying in shower is the best solution becoz then you dont know which one is water and which one are tears πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† you are so cute raunaqwa.  that exactly is the intent.  no one else can figure out your are crying or just taking a shower and at the end of it, red eyes can always be blamed at soap in the eye accident😊  i don't like crying in front of others...no matter how sad/hurt I am😊