TiNa58 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Reena Kapoor: Telly fresher

The Rajashri soap Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki… is slowly getting steady with the TRP but looks like it will take some time to challenge the reigning saas-bahu sagas. To increase the visibility factor, Sahara One, which airs the serial at 9 pm Monday to Thursday, has launched the Real Life Rani Contest, inviting viewers to write in with their own bittersweet stories from life. The prize could be a date with Rani, played by Reena Kapoor, and much more.

"My character is bubbly and delicate, yet very strong. She comes from an affluent background but gets married to a middle-class family. It's all about how she takes it in her stride," says Reena, who, some may remember, had played Preity Zinta's friend in Kundan Shah's Kya Kehna. To clinch the coveted role of Rani, Reena admits to having gone through a round of auditions, elbowing out "some 700 girls".

The man she gets married to is the handsome Arjun Punj, whose claim to fame is the popular Zee serial Sanjeevani and a couple of music videos. "The brief from Sooraj Barjatya is to do a very controlled kind of acting. He sees the rushes and dismisses scenes where there's an excess," says Arjun, waiting to make the switch to Bollywood

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
LUCKY HER!!
GOT SELECTED TO PLAY RANI OUTTA 700 GIRLS!!

Kkongrats Reena!! 👏
TiNa58 thumbnail
I bet no one could've portrayed Rani as well as her...she really fits the role
ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mtina58

I bet no one could've portrayed Rani as well as her...she really fits the role

SHE FITS THE ROLE PERFECTLY AND SHE'S BEAUTIFUL TOO!!😳
Cancer thumbnail
Yeah she is perfect but sometimes she acts very slow but thats not a big deal...the main thing is that she is perfect
cutereems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I liked the way she talks in the show...she uses "hum" and "aap" i love that