Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
im a bookworm.
and i use to hate reading all those summer readings for skool. they gave the worst books to read. long, dreadful, and borings ones.
and then my tenth grade teacher. he is a piece of work. he inspired not only me but every1 in the classs to read. and the fact tht he was hot helped too. i wanted to impress him by reading ahead and out of class reading. Embarrassed
and i still read to this day.
reading helps me get out of my world and enter sum1 eles for the time. and enjoy a little happy ending
and plus, reading helps you obtain more knowledge through sum1 else expriences.
i luv reading Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Books (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~devi~

Goldie

~devi~

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
^^^ lolz...really...i know what you mean by the summer readings...they give you the most boring books...i really dont like them...it took me sooooo long to get through this one summer reading book i once had called Tangerine

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 21 August 2007 at 6:46am | IP Logged
We never had summer readings actually... In our skool during summer vacations u dunt have any books to read or anything.. N im glad! Big smile

damilola

IF-Rockerz

damilola

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:06am | IP Logged
summer reading ?

wats dat ?
we dnt have them here LOL

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Summer reading is when the teachers give you a list of books to be read for extra reading in summer vacations! LOL

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 25 August 2007 at 7:37am | IP Logged
yep.
and then when u get beck to skool, u get tested on it.
i always do mine at the end of the summer.
wat a dreadful way to end summer!! Confused

ppanache

IF-Sizzlerz

ppanache

Posted: 25 August 2007 at 9:42am | IP Logged
what inspired you to read?

- I really don't know. I started my first book when i was in First grade. I still remember the book.It was "The 3 little pigs" and then i progressively started reading Nancy Drew..Famous Five..Secret Seven...Then in my teens went through a phase of reading all kinds of Literature..My Favorite at that time was "The count of Monte Cristo" and "David Copperfield". When i was in high School i read too much Fiction - Robin Cook, John Grisham, Maria Puzo..too many writers to count....

Once i started university..i read my first autobiography..purely by accident and got totally hooked with reading autobiographies..I still love reading them...

I am basically a total book addict. So, any book i can lay my hands is a great book for me. i Can't put it down until i finish it..I have read books from the absurd to the extraordinary so far..... Embarrassed

My dad was a great encouragement for me but he wanted me to read Reader's Digest, National Geographic and the newspaper everyday! Embarrassed

Books generally take me to a world where it is just me and the characters..I would say books are a kind of escapism for me from the real world...

Edited by panache - 25 August 2007 at 2:39pm

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 25 August 2007 at 11:05am | IP Logged
I remember reading many of the books u have listed.. David Cofferfieldm, Enid Blyton works, even 3 pigs! LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top