Vijay gets Doctorate.... - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago
Rima...ppl pay for it these days. If you pay you can walk away with one too. But what's point when you don't work for it...the value is zero. 👎🏼 You won't have the satisfaction within yourself ...its pure cheating da.. 😒

Besides Vijay's wife is a doctor by profession so with a Dr. in front of his name it will make him look par next to her - doesn't matter even if its not a medical doctorate... 😆 ..

Ellam status ode villayattu thaan ..vera enna??!!
Edited by Sue Nair - 16 years ago
The people In MGR university i.e the professors r not happy & they dont want to mention it outside like my dad who is a professor there told me only after i asked him after seeing this post by meli & says that his peers r not happy.

Then the people who really study & do research r mad i think.
Originally posted by Hosanna

Roja do you have anything in your Ammu Corner to shoot these
fellows???BTW what is a PG cert, Roja??

My Post Graduation (Masters') certificate - the one I got after
I worked non stop, day and night, rain or shine for
3 whole years!!!  Will rake up my ammunition corner
I guess -
Edited by rojapoooo - 16 years ago
My sentiments exactly. Here I am struggling to get my Masters Degree and some below average actor walks away with a doctorate? Enna kodumai appa ithu?

What are this titles being sold a dozen for a penny? 😡

Make me mad even to think about it. 😡 😡 😡

Roja, do let me in, into your ammunition closet - I am sure I can find someting really good to blow these scoundrels!
Doctorates For Vijay, Shankar
[Tuesday, August 28, 2007]
Director Shankar and actor Vijay were conferred with honorary doctorates by the MGR University at a function held Monday.

ISRO chairman Madhavan Nair conferred the doctorates to them at a grand function attended by a galaxy of film personalities. The citation presented to Vijay and Shankar on behalf of the varsity read that the honorary doctorate was conferred on the actor and the director for their achievement in the film industry and contribution for the cause of the poor and downtrodden through social welfare activities.

In his acceptance speech, Vijay said that he was immensely proud and happy to receive the honour.

Vijay said that it was his father (S A Chandrasekhar), who encouraged him to do something good for the public.

He also said his fans were the happiest persons than his family members to see him receiving the doctorate.

Speaking on the occasion, Shankar thanked his mentors and family members. He said that dedication and commitment made him to achieve this.

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 16 years ago
Now...What were those ppl thinking???..Giving Vijay doctorate...they need to get themselves checked! 😆
This is literally degrading the researchers who are spending 6 to 7 years of their life to get a Ph.D. degree....grrrr....its annoying.
I know niti...how insulting for the real researcher's who spend so many ours to get their Ph.D
Hi

I have been a silent forum reader and stumbled onto this news item. This is shocking. First of all, what has Vijay achieved to deserve a doctorate? Secondly, aren't there other actors, like Kamal, who are more deserving? What a mockery of PhD titles.

i can't believe i missed this topic.😕

firstly let me get myself some pills to control my high blood pressure cos i'm so mad.😡😡

vijay has never impressed me as an actor, artist or whatever he is considered in the acting society.

vijay has absolutely no talent at all. he can't act for all the nuts in the world & just because he learns by heart all the dance steps taught by the dance master then 'vomits' it out during shooting doesn't make him a good dancer.😕 ask him to choreograph a dance step immediately & i bet he won't be able to do it.😆😆😆

if this doctorate is soley for dancing well, then i can think of prabu deva & lawerence ragavendra who deserve the doctorate FAR more than vijay can in his entire life.

this is the same thing with the kalai'mama'mani awards. they give such a prestigious award to people like trisha, vishal, ravi & simbhu. wow.. what have they achieved that the rest of the other far more talented artists in kollywood haven't? and they can still give the excuse it to encourage the young talents.

as far as i know, kalaimamani awards were given to people who have ALREADY achieved great heights in their particular fields not some third grade actress like trisha or a rajini wannabe like simbu the idiotic kambu.