Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

super_girl

Goldie

super_girl

Posted: 11 August 2007 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Potter Mania

Media

Dhavel Dave, who is often mobbed by Harry Potter fans for autographs, says he wonders what Daniel Radcliffe's life is like.

Famous Harry Potter lookalike arrives

By Sunita Menon, Staff Reporter
Published: July 12, 2007, 00:21

Dubai: He has no regrets about being called Daniel Radcliffe's clone.

Dhavel Dave, Harry Potter lookalike, loves the attention showered on him.

In an e-mail interview with Gulf News Dave, 19, from Ahmedabad in the west Indian state of Gujarat, said he is mobbed each time he leaves the house.

"But I am used to it now and have learnt to handle myself in the expected manner. People ask me for my autograph and I love that. I don't have a girlfriend like Harry has Hermione. But girls do ask me for my autograph," said Dhavel who lives with his parents. He will be in Dubai on July 18.

"It will be my first trip overseas. I am very excited. I have been invited by Jashanmal for the launch of Harry Potter's last book," said Dhavel, a student of Commerce and a third year college student.

His father works as a storekeeper for the Cancer Division at the Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad and his mother is a housewife. He hopes to work in the Indian IT industry after graduation.

Dhavel said he feels special, more so because he has no connection with the actor Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry.

"I have no connection with Dan at all. He lives in a fantastic mansion somewhere and earns millions and I live in a city in India.

"I was told that I looked like Harry Potter when the Prisoner of Azkaban movie was released. By then everyone in India knew who Harry Potter was. It made me want to read all his books and see the movies."

He said that it took him awhile to get used to being called Harry instead of Dhavel. "I cannot forget the first time I was called Harry. I am having fun. I make people smile which makes me feel very good. I am not afraid of talking to strangers as now I am used to it," he said.

Like the hero

Dhavel hopes to meet Daniel Radcliffe. "It's a great feeling that a famous personality looks just like me. I sometimes wonder what his life is like. I would have a lot of questions to ask if I ever met him. I wonder whether he is good at his studies, what his likes and dislikes are, how he spends his spare time

Edited by super_girl - 06 August 2009 at 6:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavya1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Daniel radcliffe lookalike" in Hollywood Movies & Stars forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

prithvi lover

IF-Rockerz

prithvi lover

Posted: 12 August 2007 at 3:41am | IP Logged
ahhhhhh!!!!1 hes cuming 2 dubai!
but i cant see pic man! Cry

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 12 August 2007 at 5:04am | IP Logged

wow! it's cool to be called daniel radcliffe's clone.. but then again if i was dhavel, i would have wanted to be known for being myself, not someone else's 'clone'.Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top