India-Forums

Kkusum
Kkusum

Ekta cheated me: Rishi Kapoor

stpra Groupbie
stpra
stpra

Posted: 20 December 2004 at 6:12am | IP Logged

Last time we saw Rishi Kapoor, he was a ghoulish murder suspect in Ekta Kapoor's Kucch To Hai and watching him as the empathetic, humorous father of Saif Ali Khan in Hum Tum  was a great experience. Thank God for the sunny role in Hum Tum.

Fumes Rishi: "I couldn't help doing that film since my good friend Jeetendra was involved. Ekta is like a daughter to me. She told me it was a small cameo of a murder suspect. My role kept getting changed throughout! This is what Ekta does all the time."

"No wonder all the actors, including Sohail Khan, are so unhappy with her. The director has to wait to decide what Ekta does next. I was so unhappy. It was a rubbish role. Ekta should stop making feature films. They make films like serials. She should do only television."

But there's plenty of other action on Rishi Kapoor's career front. He's just completed a comedy and is on the verge of starting a new film with Percept Pictures.

"But let me tell you about all the films I haven't done. I turned down Kya Dil Ne Kaha (the role went to Rajesh Khanna), Popcorn Khao Mast Ho Jao... Then I turned down Dharmendra's role in the new film Kis Kis Ki Kismet. So many films that I didn't do."

"I've just completed a very interesting film of choreographer Tharun Kumar who earlier did Nayee  Padosan. It's a sweet, naughty film called Love Ke Chakkar Mein. I play a guy my age who has reached that stage where he gets a little raunchy, roving eyes and all. I had great fun doing it. It's raunchy but not sleazy. I'd never do anything that compromises me. Of course there's a lot of oomph in it. But I had fun doing it. You'll love watching Love Ke Chakkar Mein. It has Rishi Kapoor doing comedy."

But haven't we seen him do great comedy in many films in the past, including Amar Akbar Anthony and Raffoo Chakkar?

"Well, I was always there. I still get the same kind of offers that I got before Hum Tum. It's just that I won't accept any and every film that comes my way. I need a good wicket to bat on. I'd never venture blindfolded into a film like I did with Balaji's Kuchh To Hai. I'm really upset with them.

"They cheated me. I've to guard my interests as an actor. It's very important for me to have the newer generation of moviegoers recognise me as a good actor. My endeavour is to find the right roles. At my age there aren't too many promising parts available."

Ashish2004 Senior Member
Ashish2004
Ashish2004

Posted: 20 December 2004 at 8:32am | IP Logged
hahaha
yeah etka doesn't know how to make movies
they were all so crappyLOLLOL
shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 20 December 2004 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
I agree with rishi kapoor; ekta should just stick to television!LOL
SIRFINA Senior Member
SIRFINA
SIRFINA

Posted: 20 December 2004 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
nope, I do not think she should do televesions either. Look at her roles that she changes over and over again. I do not blame you Rishi Kapoor unfortunately we do not have good TV producers, directors  who care about of the serial itself because all they care about is $$$$$ a big fat bank balanceClap

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top