Debate Mansion

Has IF become Biased?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:12pm | IP Logged

In the past, we knew our admins, gms, cms, mods and viewbies as people who look after the forum (which they still do), control the slightly "obssessed" from fighting and most importantly to keep the forum neutral. Latley I have been a silent member at IF, but still watching alll the recent changes, hearing all the "gossip", and noticing  IF has become very biased. I am quite an old member of this forum, and i have realized that alot of good things have changed along with the bad.

As said above, i have been a silent member for quite a long time andi have been watching the changes. The recent promotions that have been made seem as if some are due to  the  contacts they have with higher authorities.While very  few are much deserved the others seem to have got the postions just by friends and contacts.  I am not going to take any names or bash anyone. But this is just my view, at seeing many contributing, vetrean(not given title) members still continue to be IF-Rockerz, Or dazzlerzs etc...just becuase they are not in contact with admins or such.

Another reason why i think IF has become biased is becasue, i have seen a couple of fights latley and have noticed the viewbie was being biased toward his/her opinon. And i understand Viewbies have opinons also. But they should keep it to an extent, not to encourage the fighting.

Again i dont want to take any names or bash anyone, because i understand looking over the forum is not an easy job. But all i can say is the members who deserve the postions more did not obtain them and the members who do the least think work others will do it for them. Just to keep the title.

This is just and opinon, Whats yours?

neeluSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Has IF become Biased?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

UDman

Goldie

UDman

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
This is a very true problem... the mods especially, not to give any names, are very biased and close topics because of a little fighting! not only that, for some serials, there are always two sides of people... people who like one person, and people who like another... Let's say some people like bob and the others like joe... and someone decides to open a topic about bob, saying how they don't like him. At the same time, someone opens a topic about joe, saying how they don't like him. The mods reaction: they only close the topic about bob! Why? Because they like bob! Just because they like a character in a serial doesn't mean that they can close a topic against them... this has happened before, that's why i'm saying it... sorry to mods about this, but this is the debate mansion, we may speak our views, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, and since I am not using any names, I don't believe I am insulting anyone.
Once again, sorry if I am hurting someone.... Big smile   

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
UDman, that is also very true. If a reguler joe is friends with a mod or a viewbie then even if the topic is bashing someone (only in some cases) the mod will not clsoe it. Bur when another reguler joe does the same topic, the same mod will close it.

This is not always true. But as i have seen most of the time it is. I dont want to hurt anyone, again.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:26pm | IP Logged

Hold on Guys!! why are we discussing working on IF here? If you have reason to think that way, feel free to raise it in suggestion/comments section or PM - GMs / Admin.

This debate or discussion sounds more like an instigating post to directly / indirectly bash dev members. If there is a concern, please raise it in comments and suggestions section.  Trust me, not being biased here and closing this topic.

Concerns/Questions, PM on closing this topic -> DM mods, Dev OR GM's / admin.

Thanks
Raj5000 (DM Dev Member)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top