Debate Mansion

Working Mom vs Stay-at-home Dad (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Working Mom vs Stay-at-home Dad (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

As Raunaqwa mentioned we have had this debate many times and as always I respect men and women with real career and who balances home too. I don't have respect for anyone who chooses to be home for just the sake of it and claims to have done sacrifice by doing that. We all can do our bit by balancing career and home. All of us are homemakers (men and women) when we do chores around house and take care of family. It takes an able person to have a career along with it.

Note: Career is not just a job. 

One person from DM I would like to mention is DB-Varsha. She is a perfect example of someone who had a career, nice family and now a good settled life. I love her for that.

Well said Maya and really a nice eg. Clap

Originally posted by Dabulls23

Thanks to Maya, ABhi, QT and Raunaqwa for nice words of acknowledgement and encouragement for me Embarrassed .

I don't have any problem with Women-Men working hard at their job-career, working at home taking care of family and rest. What ever is working within their own family structure should be fine. No one should judge them or knock them for what they are doing.

Each one of this is hard to do. Staying home at taking care of kids and family is not easy task. At the same time working in professional world, coming home and doing family duties is harder too. We have to juggle and ballance it.

Many men are now helping out alot more than in my days. These days dads are staying home to take care of kids, and handle house hold chores which was impossible in my time. Male ego came in the way of things.

If family decides together that it is better for one spouse to work outside of home and another to work inside of home and rest they devide and work together nothing wrong with that. Let the couple-family make that decision. No one else should have a say in what is right or wrong. My 2 cents.

Clap

Edited by Morning_Dew - 10 August 2007 at 5:54pm

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 11 August 2007 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Clap DB Jaan, I couldn't have put it better than this.  you said it all here.  I have been a stay at home mom, worked a job, a school going mom, and now finally a career oriented mom from past 3+ years.  I have seen it all and I agree with you here 100%.  Whatever works for the family at any given point of time and what ever suits the couple most is what should be done....and no one else should have a say in what is right or wrong.  no one else should judge them based on their own notions or what works with their own family.  once again Clap

Thanks GD and Dewey Big smile

Gauri,

I know the struggle of family, going thru school and supporting spouse in their education and doing all that while working and taking care of family. Clap Hats off. in Making something out of oneself, being self sufficient and independent at the same time  being supportive within the marriage is a great positive thing. 

Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 August 2007 at 2:47pm

Naveen91

Groupbie

Naveen91

Posted: 12 August 2007 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
for me it is what is best for the family...i mean if the mother has a better job and has more working days then the father then ok somedays the mother works and other she stays home and while she is at work the father can stay home..whatever works best for the family

heaven_view

Goldie

heaven_view

Posted: 13 August 2007 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
wow nice discussion guys Clap Clap

well I just want to know wts the difference between a career and a job? Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top