Debate Mansion

Working Mom vs Stay-at-home Dad (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

JhoomBJhoom

Groupbie

JhoomBJhoom

Posted: 09 August 2007 at 9:41am | IP Logged
I do not have any problem to stay home and raise my kids. My wife should be able to make enough to support the whole family. I have seen some folks who do like the ideas of fathres raising the kids (stay home dad).

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Working Mom vs Stay-at-home Dad (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nerdynerd

Goldie

nerdynerd

Posted: 09 August 2007 at 9:53am | IP Logged
I think the whole concept is changing. Lots of dads are now becoming stay-at-home-dads. I think it has do with the whole "traditional" thinking. People hate changes. It throws people off. In European countries and U.S. it's changing. But I think it'll still be a long time before it becomes acceptable in India. Just b/c India has the whole "pati-parmeseshwar". It'll be hard if over nite it becomes the "patni-parmeshawari". It has all do with the old ways; they are changing now; slowly but surely they are.

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 09 August 2007 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Lovely idea! except that I don't think men really have the ability to actually look after the home, clean, cook, do the laundry, take care of the kids and still look lovely and calm when wife comes home grouchy form work and demands a cold beer. LOL

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by syrene

Lovely idea! except that I don't think men really have the ability to actually look after the home, clean, cook, do the laundry, take care of the kids and still look lovely and calm when wife comes home grouchy form work and demands a cold beer. LOL

LOL i would sleep the whole day.... or go play cricket.... ah how can i forget dating with girls for lunchesLOL

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

As Raunaqwa mentioned we have had this debate many times and as always I respect men and women with real career and who balances home too. I don't have respect for anyone who chooses to be home for just the sake of it and claims to have done sacrifice by doing that. We all can do our bit by balancing career and home. All of us are homemakers (men and women) when we do chores around house and take care of family. It takes an able person to have a career along with it.

Note: Career is not just a job. 

One person from DM I would like to mention is DB-Varsha. She is a perfect example of someone who had a career, nice family and now a good settled life. I love her for that.

ClapClap Here here Maya!!!  Very well put.

I think a man would feel inferior if he is staying at home and wife working and also it depends on individual family situation e.g. man being injured at work and having to stay at home.  Another example is that if a maternity leave is shared by spouses and the man stays home for the 2nd half.   If a man and women donot demean one another what is wrong with it?  In this day and age its necessary for both partners to work but I donot think its wrong if either one stays home.Embarrassed

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabhi_21

Originally posted by syrene

LOL i would sleep the whole day.... or go play cricket.... ah how can i forget dating with girls for lunchesLOL

That's what N wanted to do .. I start a biotech, it goes public, he retires, then I hire hot espaniol maids and he will golf in the course and then some at home Wink when I am away working.. LOLLOL

I agree with Maya about
1. Having a job and having a career aren't one and the same
2. DB comes to mind as someone who has carried out all duties.
3. I have met several jobless women who don't even keep home as good as we do.. I hope their number doesn't grow.   I have also met some women who actually have a job (not career) and they complain about how striking a balance is hard Tongue.  Both these categories don't stop to amuse and amaze me.

If a man wants to be a home maker and spouse doesn't mind, then he should be a home-maker Smile.  why not?

Edited by mermaid_QT - 10 August 2007 at 11:37am

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Thanks to Maya, ABhi, QT and Raunaqwa for nice words of acknowledgement and encouragement for me Embarrassed .

I don't have any problem with Women-Men working hard at their job-career, working at home taking care of family and rest. What ever is working within their own family structure should be fine. No one should judge them or knock them for what they are doing.

Each one of this is hard to do. Staying home at taking care of kids and family is not easy task. At the same time working in professional world, coming home and doing family duties is harder too. We have to juggle and ballance it.

Many men are now helping out alot more than in my days. These days dads are staying home to take care of kids, and handle house hold chores which was impossible in my time. Male ego came in the way of things.

If family decides together that it is better for one spouse to work outside of home and another to work inside of home and rest they devide and work together nothing wrong with that. Let the couple-family make that decision. No one else should have a say in what is right or wrong. My 2 cents.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 10 August 2007 at 3:33pm

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Nice topic! Well this is the case in my house my dad stays home most of the time while my mom goes to work. but my dad still works its just my mom has the better job that why she works more often and they want someone to stay home with the children(meaning me)..lol..

ANd i dont mind it, but when i tell certain people they look at as being odd and un tradional?

Its just a matter of view and the perspective u look at things.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top