help needed with antivirus program!

*Anjali* thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi all,

I have Norton Antivirus on my computer, but it says it's going to expire on January 7th.  When I go to renew it, it wants me to purchase a new plan.  I know that there are some good and FREE anitvirus programs out there. I really need a firewall and e-mail scanning as well as full system scanning.  Do you have any suggestions??? Thanks 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hey anju,

Check out Zonealaram firewall.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
*Anjali* thumbnail
thanks for your help Smisha!! I will give zonealarm a try
ExoticDivinity2 thumbnail
Zonelabs also has a great anti-virus program and everything.  So you don't need McAfee or even Norton as an anti virus.  You will need to pay for that however, as the firewall is the only thing that is free...
HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
call a local pc engineer... yaar he will put new versions of anti-virus..... if i would be near u, i would have definately helped u but...............
... dont go for any other anti-virus besides mcafee or norton, coz they r the best and keep u always updated and protected!😊
*Anjali* thumbnail
thanks Humm!! 😃 I actually found out that my University offers free virus protection through McAfee, so I downloaded it.  Thanks for all your help everyone! 🤗
vijay thumbnail

Hi,

I would suggest all not to use PIRATED anti-virus package as it does not cost much.

I am personally using McAfee Internet Suite and it costed me $69 and it comes with Anti-Virus, Firwall, Privacy Suite. I think they also offer discounted price for students and educational institutes.

Cheers,
Vijay

*Anjali* thumbnail
the version that my University offers isn't pirated b/c they have a contract with the company in order to ensure that student's computers don't get infected.  I do need to get a new virus program b/c I'll be graduating soon, so I'll definitely check out the McAfee Internet Suite.  Thanks for the info, Vijay.
Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I use Anti Vir and it is free and good