Book Talk

The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseni (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

ppanache

IF-Sizzlerz

ppanache

Posted: 21 August 2007 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
I just finished this one! Awesome writing!
I loved the way that the love/hate relationship between father and son was handled..one side the guy is in awe of his father and on the other end he totally dislikes him!!! Very well written!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseni (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 22 August 2007 at 9:59am | IP Logged
I read Kite Runner. Hard to believe that this is Khalid Hossaini's first book. Simply Awesome!!

I would def recommend this one. The protagonist is flawed. It shows flawed characters. Also it showed us the polictical scenario of Afghanistan during Russian invasion and then Taliban reign, its effects on people. One thing I should give credit to him is how khalid showed the prejudice between the Pathan and Hazaara people...how the "Domination" factor occurs.. that its just not about black and white..it occurs in all forms where people want power.

Def a Must Read! Go and grab the book!! Big smile

Edited by MNMS - 22 August 2007 at 10:01am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

msainhjaug

shrutichopra

IF-Dazzler

shrutichopra

Posted: 22 August 2007 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
I am glad people have liked this book and some have picked it up after reading this topic!!!Embarrassed

Shruti

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 25 August 2007 at 3:57am | IP Logged
I simply love this book! It seems new to me everytime I read it!! Very well written especially since it was the author's first book Clap definitely a must read Embarrassed

jdsean

Goldie

jdsean

Posted: 27 August 2007 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
My favorite book of all time . The Kite Runner is a book well written. I never cried while reading this book but oh I cried so much. It's just touching. I'm going to start reading the second book by this author A Thousand Splendid Suns I heard it is just as good. This is a book that everyone must read.

ELAS101

IF-Dazzler

ELAS101

Posted: 31 August 2007 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Yes, this was an amazing first novel. The Kite Runner was such a touching and true story. It was a really powerful book and I enjoyed it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top