Joined: 11 November 2005
7 Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Faster
For some of us growing long beautiful hair is not a problem, but let's face it, not all of us have it that easy. While there is no magical instant cure for longer hair, there are a few things you can do to make sure you're hair will grow, grow, grow!
1. First and foremost, take your vitamins! If you can't swallow the thought of popping a pill, then at least eat your way to healthy hair. A well balanced diet of foods rich in vitamin A, B, C and especially E are all essential for growing healthy hair. Foods that are rich in iron and zinc have been proven to encourage hair growth. If you don't care for beef, try fish, raisins, spinach, beans and yogurt, which are also great sources for protein. Soy is also rich in proteins and has even been found to strengthen hair. Also try prenatal vitamins! They do wonders for not only growing hair, but growing nails as well!
2. Get rid of the dead ends. If you have tons of split ends and you haven't had your hair trimmed lately, your slowing down your hair's growth potential. Getting a regular trim at least every few months will keep damaged ends at bay and will allow hair to grow faster.
3. Stimulate the scalp. Increasing the circulation to your head by messaging the scalp can make the hair grow. You can do this by, simply rubbing your fingertips in circular motions against your scalp for 2-3 minutes a day. For an added treat, mix cup of rosemary and 1 cup of tea together and mix half of this with your normal shampooing to open up scalp pores and increase blood circulation.
4. Get out and move. Everyday stress and no exercise have actually shown slower growth to hair. Getting a good night's sleep (at least 7 hours) and putting your worries to bed, combined with a daily exercise regimen can improve not only your hair's growth, but your health as well.
5. Squeaky cleanliness is a must hair essential, not only for growth, but for sanitary reasons as well. If you're running around with oily roots or a nice big build-up of dirt in your hair, you need to change your routine and shampoo hair at least twice a week to maximize your potential for long hair. While you're at it, don't forget to wash your hairbrushes and combs.
6. Treat your hair with care. If you want your hair to grow, you must take care of your hair. Don't brush wet hair unless you want to damage it. Use a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically formulated for your hair type. Skip the heated styling tools, perms and dyes as often as you can, and avoid any unnecessary rough stuff that can cause your hair to break.
7. Fake it! If you don't have the patience to wait for your hair to grow, you can always try wearing a hair extension like your favorite celebrity, until your own hair grows to the desired length you're aiming for.
Joined: 05 August 2006
Joined: 22 November 2005
Joined: 30 January 2007
Joined: 27 December 2004
Joined: 24 June 2007
Joined: 06 February 2007
Joined: 06 April 2006
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|hair cut for short hair||prietygirl||5||3597||10 October 2008 at 5:38pm
|hair and hair||fatima_koolgal||6||1542||29 September 2008 at 6:37am
|improper hair care leads to hair loss||scoggialicia||4||2136||03 July 2008 at 4:26pm
|Hair care tips for beautiful hair||surabhi279||11||4601||14 June 2008 at 8:39am
|hair styles for short straight hair?||bindaas girl||4||2703||08 December 2007 at 9:24am