Paranormal
Paranormal

India-Forums

~! 2 Big Nights Before Ramazan~! Are You?

WillSmith456 IF-Rockerz
WillSmith456
WillSmith456

Posted: 03 August 2007 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Shab e Miraj  on  Saturday 11 August

On Celebrations

The celebrations around this day tend to focus on children and the young. Children are gathered into a mosque and are told the story of the Isra and Mi'raj. The story usually focuses on how Muhammad's heart was purified by two archangels and filled him with knowledge and faith in preparation to enter the seven levels of heaven. The Night Journey and Ascension to heaven (Isra and Mi'raj) was a spectacular journey. It started with Muhammad being taken on the winged horse (Buraq), accompanied by Gabriel, from Mecca to Jerusalem and then to heaven (where he met former prophets) then back to Mecca, all during the same night. After prayer (Salat, where the children can pray with the adults if they wish) food and treats are served.

Unlike the eids, which centre more around the family, Lailat al Miraj is more about the community as a whole and events tend to be more about bringing the community together.

Celebrations

The celebrations around this day tend to focus on children and the young. Children are gathered into a mosque and are told the story of the Isra and Mi'raj. The story usually focuses on how Muhammad's heart was purified by two archangels and filled him with knowledge and faith in preparation to enter the seven levels of heaven. The Night Journey and Ascension to heaven (Isra and Mi'raj) was a spectacular journey. It started with Muhammad being taken on the winged horse (Buraq), accompanied by Gabriel, from Mecca to Jerusalem and then to heaven (where he met former prophets) then back to Mecca, all during the same night. After prayer (Salat, where the children can pray with the adults if they wish) food and treats are served.

Unlike the eids, which centre more around the family, Lailat al Miraj is more about the community as a whole and events tend to be more about bringing the community together.

Shab e Barrat on 28 August

Sunni view

Some Sunni groups believe that Mid-Sha'ban is a night of worship and salvation and it is commonly believed that during this night, Allah prepares the destiny for all people on Earth for the coming year. For this reason it is sometimes called Night of Emancipation.

[edit]
Hadiths

There are some hadiths that speak about this night and the middle of Sha'aban. According to Dr. Muzzamil Siddiqi ( pakistanlink.com on Shab-e-Baraat), Imam Al-Mundhiri in his famous book At-Targhib wat-Tarhib (vol. 2, pp. 116-120) reported fourteen hadiths on the subject of this night. However, the scholars of hadith say that most of the hadiths concerning this night are not authentic. There is no mention about this night in Mishkat Al-Masabih, in Sahih Muslim or in Sahih Bukhari.

[edit]
Recommended Deeds

The following practices are derived from the traditions of the Prophet Muhammad which have been mentioned above for Sha'baan and its virtuous 15th night. It is desirable that one fasts in the month of Sha'baan as much as one can. However, if fasting in Sha'baan is going to affect the fasting of Ramadan then one should refrain from it.

Although the fast of 15th of Sha'baan can only be derived from the hadiths, which have a weak chain of narration, nevertheless the fast would be desirable considering other factors such as:
a) The fasts of the first half of Sha'baan have special merits as can be seen from the practice of the Prophet Muhammad;
b) The virtues of the fasts of Ayyaamul Beedh (i.e. 13th, 14th and 15th of the Islamic month) have been mentioned in the hadiths;
c) A large number of the elders (salaf) of the Ummah have been observing the fast of the 15th of Sha'baan.

Although everyday salaah should be performed in Jamaa'ah (congregation), on this auspicious night, one must participate with deep and solemn care in the Maghrib, 'Ishaa and Fajr Salaah.

Spend as much time of the night as possible in worship individually. No specific du'aa or method of worship has been prescribed. One may engage in dhikr, recitation of the Qur'aan, salaah, learning and teaching or any other form of 'ibaadah. However, one must refrain from worldly talk and wasting of time. If 'ibaadah is not possible then at least avoid all sinful and useless acts and go to bed as soon as possible.

In one hadeeth it has been mentioned that Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam visited the graveyard of Baqee'. However, one may not establish the practice to be Sunnah as there is no mention of Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam making it a general practice of this night. Hence, if one visits the graveyard once in a while it will be permissible.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

peda123

WillSmith456 IF-Rockerz
WillSmith456
WillSmith456

Posted: 03 August 2007 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
no reply Cry
isha_anjum Groupbie
isha_anjum
isha_anjum

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 2:14am | IP Logged
mashallah Tongue thnx for tellin mee :P i dint knw ... i knew it ws a big day but didnt know y :P cheers hunny Embarrassed

Edited by isha_anjum - 04 August 2007 at 2:14am
STUD_99 Goldie
STUD_99
STUD_99

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 5:08am | IP Logged
thnx alot........... I was aware of most of the things there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-himzie- IF-Rockerz
-himzie-
-himzie-

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 5:17am | IP Logged
i knew most of da things there
thnx for sharin Big smile
WillSmith456 IF-Rockerz
WillSmith456
WillSmith456

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by isha_anjum

mashallah Tongue thnx for tellin mee :P i dint knw ... i knew it ws a big day but didnt know y :P cheers hunny Embarrassed

ohh your wellcomeTongue
Xo-PuZen Goldie
Xo-PuZen
Xo-PuZen

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Thanks a loooot Clap
i didnt know it...
but of course my mom did Tongue Confused Embarrassed ...
But now i know it also Big smile ...
Thank you so much Embarrassed

Aisha^^ Embarrassed
S H E H R O Z E Senior Member
S H E H R O Z E
S H E H R O Z E

Posted: 04 August 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Thanx Alot

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index