Why did Sirius have to die?

Dictionary3 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi I remember JK Rowling saying that Sirius "Had to die for a specifc reason and i figured out the reason the first time i read the book but i forgot the second time and i really cant remember it.Does anybody know why he "had" to die?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lady Black thumbnail
To be honest, I don't really even understand what she meant.

I believe that she did not really clear that up, but we have to interpret that his death affected some smaller detail in the book. Such as if Sirius had not died, Harry would not be so alone, if he did not die Harry probably could not have stayed in his house in the 7th book. It has to be something along the lines of a smaller detail such as though, but I don't like that she would have killed him for something small!

In the scene in which Harry sees ghosts/echoes of the people he loves (James, Lily, Remus, and Sirius), seeing them sort of gives him strength to go on and fight Voldemort. All the people he saw were his loved ones and died because of Voldemort. Maybe that is why she killed Remus and Sirius, although I found many of the deaths in the book not really necessary. This is just my theory, if anyone else actually understands why then I'd love to hear why myself. For I am just as confused as you.

~Lady Black~
~PuNk PrInCeSs~ thumbnail
ya i felt tht many deaths in the series were uncalled 4..but one can never know whats going on in jo's mind
shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i think it was to keep the streek of harry's loved ones dying going
chinkyshona thumbnail
yeah many deaths were unnecessary. such as fred"s
why the hell did he have to die? wat was the need.it was soo silly simply a wall collapsed n fred died.ph my god! i cried so much on his death n the way jkr naratted it. the never ending smile . oh my god! i really cried wid never ending tears.
in da beginning george lost an ear n then fred lost his life, y?
wat was da need of breaking the pair?
Kavy_anjali thumbnail
yeah... i couldn't really get it too
daisyUSA thumbnail
Also I had a feeling that JKR will clear up mystery behing the viel which she didn't do as she said voices behind the veil hold importance....
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lady Black

To be honest, I don't really even understand what she meant.

I believe that she did not really clear that up, but we have to interpret that his death affected some smaller detail in the book. Such as if Sirius had not died, Harry would not be so alone, if he did not die Harry probably could not have stayed in his house in the 7th book. It has to be something along the lines of a smaller detail such as though, but I don't like that she would have killed him for something small!

In the scene in which Harry sees ghosts/echoes of the people he loves (James, Lily, Remus, and Sirius), seeing them sort of gives him strength to go on and fight Voldemort. All the people he saw were his loved ones and died because of Voldemort. Maybe that is why she killed Remus and Sirius, although I found many of the deaths in the book not really necessary. This is just my theory, if anyone else actually understands why then I'd love to hear why myself. For I am just as confused as you.

~Lady Black~

That's a very good explanation. I get confused sometimes too... and ur explanation helps a lot.. thanks
Lady Black thumbnail
anu-pre4eva,

Your very welcome.I'm very glad that my explanation helped someone out^^ Its nice to know that people read my posts and get something out of them. By the way, your signatures of Malfoy are very cute, he is really a darling character.

~Lady Black~