Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

JJKN TRPs picking up at amazing speed!!!! (Page 2)

Daisy Senior Member
Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 5:56am | IP Logged
We need to appreciate what deserves to be appreciated.I dont care if they are Tv ratings or TAM ratings...I am just happy that more people are watching JJKN.
Smile

eshasrk IF-Sizzlerz
eshasrk
eshasrk

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 9:11am | IP Logged

I really don't understand anything about these ratings.

In www. groups.yahoo.com/group/ SonyandStar2gether I read the following:

Part 2 TAM ratings:

59 ) date 06-12-2004 ratings: 2'97

63) date 07-12-2004 ratings : 2'58

57) date 08-12-2004 ratings : 3'05

These are mentioned above , I think.

And then PART 3 TAM ratings week 11th december ( final part ):

117 ) date 06-12-2004 ratings: 0'99

136) date 07-12-2004 ratings: 0'84

112 ) date 08-12-2004 ratings: 1'02

Can someone plsss explain this to me ?? Are the ratings really picking up or decreasing ??? Cause I don't understand anything abt this.

Thanks in advance

Esha

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 9:13am | IP Logged
  Frankly speaking,I've never personally cared for tv ratings but I was convinced otherwise by this very forum arguments that they are true and they do reflect what the ppl want to watch.Basically ppl watch what entertains them and that is what is true of JJKN right now - it's entertaining...a quality it was fast loosing  a month back....there was nothing interesting going on in the real sense of the word and frankly only those had been left watching it who either adored and worshipped  Purab or hated him enough to wait for him to leave and a few others who knew BLF and were convinced the story will turn that way.The story as such was going no where,the love triangle generated little interest and there was hardly any humour left.Moreover they were seriously lacking in the drama content as well,the the most important factor in the popularity of any serial.Major bloopers were appearing everyday and barring a few here and there most of dialouges were getting insipid to say the least.

It's not Purab's exit or Armaan's return as the main lead as much as the return of the pace,the humour,a lot of heart tugging emotion and a whole lot of activity which has resulted in the rise.........I still amintain that trp really mean little........because when it started JJKN was the best serial around both in the matter of novelty and content and yet it never arose above 5,Astitva indisputably is the best serial on air never generated any substancial trp but horrible serials like kkusum and Des me nikla hoga chand or saas bhi kabhi bahu thi (yuck)continue to top charts so it can be safely said entertainment and not perfection in terms of story and direction is what ppl watch and that's what they are getting right now.

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 9:19am | IP Logged

This is wonderful news Minnie thanks - now JJKN can go out on a high!

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 9:26am | IP Logged

Hi Esha,

As Arti explained in an earlier post, the Part 2 TAM Ratings that you posted are for Hindi Serials ONLY. They are not the ratings which we used to regularly post here.

The Part 3 TAM ratings that you have posted appear to be the ones we regularly posted - so these are the actual benchmark for comparison 

JJKN dropped out of the Top 100 Serials charts, the week after Purab's exit, as predicted. (can be verified by checking Sony's Part 3 TAM ratings for that week as posted by Arti under General Discussion)

So, the ratings have not picked up towards a 3.0...They have picked up to a 1.02.

The ratings are fluctuating at the moment (increase, decrease and increase) and a trend cannot be established based on 3 episodes...there is no steady increase as of yet...That requires more data. We'll have to see what happens after a couple more weeks to have a better idea about the trend in the ratings.

allegra Senior Member
allegra
allegra

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

frankly only those had been left watching it who either adored and worshipped Purab or hated him enough to wait for him to leave and a few others who knew BLF and were convinced the story will turn that way

LOL Minnie that pretty much covers almost all JJKN viewers.
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

JJKN's TRP speeded only in one direction that is down Wink.

What ever gain it is getting upward the week indicated is at a very slow pace.

I am sorry but the TRP methood you are using is not the one we always use.

Also according to your TRP methood, JJKN was before in top 30 to 40's Even there it has slipped and has gone below 50's. so there also it witness a downfall.

Jammy.

rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 19 December 2004 at 2:16pm | IP Logged

yeah jammy! i totally agree with u.

JJKN's TRPs are going down not up!

Go to top